Forums > RWBY

What If: RWBY Movie

Posts (30)

• enigma85

enigma85 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold That RDDT member from NY

#33267138 - 10 months ago

At this point, I don't think they'd have the time to do a movie. With that being said, I could see them perhaps attempting this after Volume 4. Rooster Teeth can either go the route of doing a non-canon film/special (such as DBZ films 1-13 or Bardock), or they can cover canon events or expand upon backstory (going back to the DBZ example: Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, History of Trunks)

I myself prefer staying within canon. Non-canon films can be entertaining, but they don't advance the plot, and while they can be fun to watch, they usually end with an ass pull after building the villain up so strongly.

As far as ideas go:

-Team STRQ prequel
    -A prequel covering Blake's years with the White Fang
    -Volume 1/2 from Qrow's point of view (essentially what he was doing in that time period)
    -GRIMM ECLIPSE!

Done right, such a project could not only be very entertaining, but it could also give us new background info on things we may not know much about. Of course, the key thing would be to turn the quality and scope of the fight scenes up to 11. Canon or not, that's the one thing that just about every anime film/OVA does when you compare it to the main series.

• TriNeX

TriNeX

#33267159 - 10 months ago

In reply to enigma85

At this point, I don't think they'd have the time to do a movie. With that being said, I could see them perhaps attempting this after Volume 4. Rooster Teeth can either go the route of doing a non-canon film/special (such as DBZ films 1-13 or Bardock), or they can cover canon events or expand upon backstory (going back to the DBZ example: Battle of Gods, Resurrection F, History of Trunks)

I myself prefer staying within canon. Non-canon films can be entertaining, but they don't advance the plot, and while they can be fun to watch, they usually end with an ass pull after building the villain up so strongly.

As far as ideas go:

-Team STRQ prequel
    -A prequel covering Blake's years with the White Fang
    -Volume 1/2 from Qrow's point of view (essentially what he was doing in that time period)
    -GRIMM ECLIPSE!

Done right, such a project could not only be very entertaining, but it could also give us new background info on things we may not know much about. Of course, the key thing would be to turn the quality and scope of the fight scenes up to 11. Canon or not, that's the one thing that just about every anime film/OVA does when you compare it to the main series.

Don't forget about a finale movie, that's a good idea. RT's gonna make loadsamoney if they make those.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33267220 - 10 months ago

In reply to enigma85

I still think a movie about the war would be great.

• Zygerria

Zygerria FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33267359 - 10 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

I really like that idea. It would be far enough away from the show that it would be fresh, plus it's an interesting topic.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33267375 - 10 months ago

In reply to Zygerria

And it would help explain how Remnant came to be what it is.