Forums > RWBY

Arc System Works RWBY Fighting Game

Posts (53)

• Gazbonaz111

Gazbonaz111 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33637514 - 1 month ago

so, because of it's crossover properties, I'd say about 10 characters a franchise... and from what I know off the BlazBlue series, they tend to do I lot of same timeline different "possibilities" so I think Cinder will be in the game as a "possible" Lead Antagonist down one story line.... with a partner.. but that makes 6 characters out of 10, I can't see Weiss Blake and Yang being left in the cold... Volume 1 outfits, I'm almost certain from the trailer we will get custom lines for all the RWBY characters involved, and I reckon, because of the nod to vol 1 via outfit, the whole of JNPR will be there. and if Semblance is the "finisher", Maybe we confirm Jaune's semblance in the most convoluted way. also, Jaune Arc. Arc systems. Jaune owns a gaming company... ok, I'll retract that last bit.

• Ogiga99

Ogiga99 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33638639 - 1 month ago

In reply to jVictor

Bullet and Yang don't actually have that much of a similar fighting style. The similarities are mainly cosmetic (in fact, based on Monty's history with BlazBlue, I'm convinced Yang's design was directly inspired by Bullet) and that they both use fire gauntlets but the way they use them is very different. Yang is a brawler who uses punches while Bullet is more of a grappler. Additionally, I don't think Roman being dead has anything to do with his potential since Ruby is in her Volume 1-3 outfit, meaning the game is based on that timeframe.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33645776 - 2 weeks ago

I saw this on the RWBY subreddit and thought to share it here. A twitter user named CL Novril translated the original article and the compiled tweets can be found here.

New Details from a Famitsu interview with the game's producer:

. Straight to consoles, no arcade release beforehand

. This game is not a sequel to the BlazBlue series and does not continue the BB story.

. It won't be similar to Blazblue. It's a brand new game with a brand new system.

. Designed from the ground up to be pad friendly.

. The game will have a story mode that will revolve around the cross over between all the different worlds.

. The game is still rather early in development (they want fan feedback on which characters - fans want)

. Currently no plans to add Guilty Gear characters despite being aware of the requests.

. No other franchises then the four planned but they want to expand in the future of the game

. Each franchise will get the love/respect they deserve

. They are reworking some sprites

. Most of the charcter roster has been set in stone but they want to see fan requests

. The Game's target audience is over here rather than Japan