Forums > RWBY

RWBY General Discussion

Posts (4053)

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33284783 - 1 year ago

So hello all. This thread is for the general discussion of RWBY as the title implies. We already have dedicated threads for V4, and V3, this is for for pretty much every conceivable topic in RWBY to be discussed in a single thread. That way there's no need to stay on topic, since every possible RWBY topic from shipping to plot is encouraged. There was already a General Discussion thread in the RT Originals section before we had a RWBY section of the forums, this is put up so that old fans and newcomers can keep the discussion in the proper section of the forum, and so that people coming into the forums brand new can star somewhere simple, without having to explore the more dedicated threads.

Just remember basic forum rules and good moral conduct.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33284800 - 1 year ago

Hahaha! First post! Anyway, this was a good idea, SAmmy. All the other threads are so overblown it's hard to keep up with any of them. So, to get things started, here are my predictions for what will happen in Volume 4:

1. Team RNJR will spend a lot of time in Mistral honing their skills against the Grimm & working on their teamwork while traveling to Haven Academy, with Qrow keeping a watchful eye on them & possibly mentoring Ruby. On their way to Haven, they encounter Pyrrha's mother & give her the grim news about her daughter & what happened at Beacon.

2. Weiss is in Atlas & is silently suffering from being under her father's watchful eye & following his every order. Secretly, though, she's making plans to escape the Schnee family mansion & reunite with her friends. Perhaps she'll also use her resources as the SDC heiress to dig up info on Project PENNY & find some way to restore communication between the kingdoms.

3. Blake will be shown going vigilante on Adam's White Fang faction with her new mentor/accomplice, Raven. These two will be shown to have met by chance & agree to take down Adam & the WF together, albeit for their own reasons. Blake will gain a mentor who will teach her how to rival Adam as a sword fighter, while Raven gets an accomplice to help her get revenge on the man who hurt her daughter, Yang.

4. Yang will be in Patch at her family's home, trying her best to stay in shape & adjust to a life with one arm. Taiyang will return home from a lengthy hunting trip & give Yang some good news: he's finally saved up enough money to afford a new prosthetic arm for her. They'll both head to Atlas to give Yang her new arm & get her back into fighting shape.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33284806 - 1 year ago

In reply to RexFrost

1. I'm not sure if we'll get too much time dedicated to rnjr growing. They get to do that in the time-skip. Now while I don't want them to skip over everything (them becoming ironclad friends is going to annoy me if all that development is off-screen) them becoming a team and honing their skills is a good thing to get out of the way quickly.

Also we keep going over P-Mommy making an appearance. However I don't think they'd include her if she's just there to be informed Pyrrha died, what else do we think she could do in the story?

2. Yeah, I wanna see a Weiss and Penny Dos.0 story in V4.

3. I think Blake's arc will be in someone else arc for sake of time conservation. I think Ruby most likely, since Ladybug has gotten the least development, making it the least awkward to pull off. I also don't see Raven having a role in Blake's arc.

4. I think Yangs arc will her be tracking down Raven. My hopes are that we see at least one scene with Junior and the Twins, as well as Neo, and that if I'm right that Raven has Grimm Powers, Yang ends up with a Grimm arm. She can have a robot arm in the meantime though.

• Rks-Kogiro

Rks-Kogiro

#33284919 - 1 year ago

hey, Kogiro here making my first apearence.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33284969 - 1 year ago

In reply to Rks-Kogiro

Welcome!

• Sosen7x

Sosen7x FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Comet

#33285450 - 1 year ago

In reply to RexFrost

Just a quick thought on 2: I think communications are back up (timeline wise). cRWBY normally uses first episode clip as the volume teaser at RTX and you'd notice that Ruby pulled out her scroll and we see slightly altered pictures of Rin Nora and Jaune. Unless RT is trying for epic trolling Ruby needs to stop using those damn snapchat like filters.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33285460 - 1 year ago

In reply to Sosen7x

I haven't seen the clip in question, but it would be like if the Internet was down. We could still use our smartphones to take pictures

• Sosen7x

Sosen7x FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Comet

#33285462 - 1 year ago

Whole trailer but I tried to get just to the point in question

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33285507 - 1 year ago

I was thinking in other thread about a possibility for so many things don't seeming to fall into place at the end of Vol3, so I'll move it here. Not sure if I'm getting into a mud pond here, so hold your pitchforks and torches and bear with me, please. This is my theory:

From Shane's letter I saw that Monty was a guy who mostly worked on the go, without storyboards and such. I don't know if that extends to his story-writing. If it does (and this is one big if), then he knew how to weave the whole story, while the rest possibly knew only the major points, like P-Monis getting to the tower. So, after he passed away his team didn't know the exact details of how to construct the rest of the story, leaving them in a pickle, and they did their best to come up with the details. That could be why many things don't seem to fit.

• Sosen7x

#33285542 - 1 year ago

In reply to FettucCR

*Grabs torches and pitchforks...rereads....sets the torches and pitchforks down* Someone else who looked at a "sensible" route. This is a bit of what I thought. It's hard to capture someone's complete vision when it's not out in the open. Working on the fly is a bit of a double edged sword though; if you're not around things can grind to a hault yet at the same time the "on the go" style can get stalled some by various changes in the creative process. The only downside to the logic is that at the time Sheena was still around before she was steadily pushed away.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33285596 - 1 year ago

In reply to FettucCR

Definitely we can see how Monty did things at the last second for V1 and V2. It was sometimes messy, but I think it ultimately benefitted the show. I can easily understand that a lot of things may not have been concrete for him.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33285608 - 1 year ago

In reply to SAmaster

Precisely that is why I trust Kerry and Miles will do a better job in Vol4, because they'll have more control of the story. I'm an optimistic one.

• Bramboecho

Bramboecho FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The False

#33285671 - 1 year ago

In reply to FettucCR

In reply to SAmaster

I really enjoyed the light hearted humor in the past seasons and I'm interested to see if they continue it.

Silently hoping Roman isn't dead as well, but I'm pretty sure he kicked the bucket.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33285673 - 1 year ago

In reply to Bramboecho

Well it's not like it would be super easy to bring him back if they wanted to. Oh wait, it's totally like that.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33285692 - 1 year ago

In reply to Bramboecho

Me too, to both points. And as far as I know, the other volumes won't be as dark as Vol3.

• Rks-Kogiro

Rks-Kogiro

#33286480 - 1 year ago

am im the only one not hyped for vol 4? i mean...i dont know, kinda lost interest after i started a lot of stuff related to RWBY and not to it. Im even more into my own crazy headcanon then the original material actually....i dont know.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33286510 - 1 year ago

In reply to Rks-Kogiro

A lot of us from the 'Pyrrha needs to come back' crowd are with you I think.

For me, I can't see anything about V4 to make me interested. V3 ended horribly in my opinion, so it didn't make me excited to see what's next, and we have very vague info otherwise that also doesn't serve to get me hyped.

I want to see how V4 plays out, but I don't have any info that's making me look forward in anticipation.

• Rks-Kogiro

Rks-Kogiro

#33286522 - 1 year ago

Im kinda "yea, lets wait for it and see.." im even thinking in making a video commenting the first episode after it is released, making a review of it, but since my english sounds like ancient greek i think i may pass it.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33286544 - 1 year ago

In reply to Rks-Kogiro

Honestly, I'm more worried than hyped for Volume 4. So much went down in Volume 3, & I'm not sure how much will get resolved in Volume 4. There's so much I want to see happen, like what our leading ladies have been doing during the timeskip & what's going to happen when Cinder makes her next move. I'm still going to watch every episode, just with a lot of worry.

In reply to FettucCR

Miles & Kerry did say at RTX 2016 that Volume 4 won't be as dark as Volume 3 was. It will have a serious tone, but it won't be totally grimdark. I'm a bit skeptical about anything these two tell us, but I guess we'll just have to wait & see.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33286548 - 1 year ago

In reply to RexFrost

I'm still worried about how the time skip will be executed

In reply to Rks-Kogiro

Well hey, that's why these forums exist

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33286563 - 1 year ago

They HAVE to make it less dark in order to not kill the series.

I am not talking about bringing Pyrrha back or anything but because last time they left off the bad guys won and the only reason it wasnt worse was because silver eyes Deus'ed Kevin into lawn gnome status.

In order for the series to continue and not end on Rocks fall everyone dies they HAVE to make the series lighter. Attack on titan is a craptastic world but it gives large shards of hope to the audience that things are getting better. Or at least its not hopeless.

RWBY Cinder is a giant mystery what she wants and her goals are not clearly defined. Salem is an even bigger mystery since while Qrow hints that Oz and Co are aware of her the rest of the cast are not.

So for the series to have a hope of continuing there needs to be hero wins.

I am also of the opinion that Miles and Kerry werent expecting the backlash they got. Which suggests to me they dont see the ending of Vol 3 as Grimdark or they have enough insider info they know its not grimdark.

Considering I dont think Pyrrha is dead I am leaning towards the latter. That the things we see as going too far they dont because they know what is really going on.

Its kind of like 21 where reds are negative Blacks are positive aces are ones. You have a Queen of Clubs and a 10 of Spades plus a face down card. The combo of cards you have is over 21 since a queen is 12 so plus 10 is 22. For many this is the vol 3 Finale one or the other by itself would be fine and have impact of varying degrees but the 2 together is too much.

But there is that Face down card which represents all the odd things in the Finale such as Pyrrha Ozpin and so on.

Kerry and Miles are sitting on that Face down Card HARD waiting for the right moment to flip it and show if they truly did go over or if they had an Ace of Hearts this whole time and hit 21 perfectly.

And I think they have that Ace which they are going to flip in vol 4. They are too quiet about several subjects and have flat out said watch the show to find out. Considering they say vol 4 wont be as dark just more serious and they havent responded to the backlash in any shape or fashion despite being in touch with the fans is odd unless they feel the backlash will sort itself out as the story progresses.

And before someone says well maybe the backlash itsnt as bad as you think. Take a look at Twitter Tumblr DeviantArt and Fanfiction there is some serious backlash on vol 3 finale.

Miles in fact had to make an official post that RT is not responsible for the subtitles because they were getting so much flak over them because someone thought they would be funny.

There is Backlash.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33286580 - 1 year ago

In reply to revanninja

My question is how we'll settle into a new status quo. Given the timeskip they're distancing themselves from the V3 finale, that helps. I want a return to the tone in V1 and V2, but I have trouble wrapping my head around how they could accomplish that after how we last left off

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33286585 - 1 year ago

In reply to SAmaster

They probably cant and to be honest probably arent trying to.

Instead they are going to strive for a less dark but more serious tone where the humor is still present but not to the levels Vol 1 had. More like when vol 2 got serious but still made jokes is my guess for the level of stuff we can expect.

The timeskip will let them move away from the feelings of vol 3 finale but not so far they cant bring them up again if they need to.

Its hard to say what it will really turn out to be.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33286599 - 1 year ago

In reply to revanninja

Thing is serious is not their default. Goofiness is. That's why their drama works because they have such a good contrast

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33286699 - 1 year ago

In reply to revanninja

I think that having the volume end with the bad guys winning is a good way to end it. The problem is, it wasn't executed properly, and it had a ton of issues. So yeah, the show will go on and the good guys will win (I hope), and that's why I'm cautiously optimistic about Vol4. Can't say I'm hyped, but I really want to see how will Ep1 be.