Forums > RWBY

Ruby Rose Appreciation Thread

Posts (68)

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33285445 - 1 year ago

Greetings, fellow RWBY fans! After careful consideration, I've decided to create character aprreciation threads dedicated to everyone's favorite RWBY characters. I'll start off with the leading ladies of Team RWBY, then I'll move on to Team JNPR. Just remember that these are appreciation threads. If you're going to post in these threads, keep it civil. No hating allowed. Otherwise, Ruby & her "sweetheart", Crescent Rose, will go Grimm Reaper on you. So, with that said, here we go!

2408861-1473263381555-0fac2ebf9581f4c2f0

This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of everyone's favorite Sniper-Scythe Slinger, Ruby Rose. Feel free to post your thoughts & your favorite quotes & images featuring Team RWBY's very own Red-Hooded Huntress.

Without further ado, let the appreciation begin!

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33290630 - 1 year ago

Here's some of my favorite dialogue between Ruby & her BFF (according to Ruby), Weiss:

ruby-32.png : Sisters... friends... Weiss.

weiss-32.png : Hey!

ruby-32.png : Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream. A dream that one day, the four of us will come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had... ever!

weiss-32.png : Did you steal my binder?

ruby-32.png : I am not a crook.

ruby-32.png : Let's hatch a plan!

...*gasp* I left my board game at the library!

weiss-32.png : We're doomed.

• HemoStork

HemoStork

#33290664 - 1 year ago

In reply to RexFrost

You don't give up, I see ;)

Considering that Ruby is my favorite character of the show I really should drop something here:

She shows up when it counts.

Also her design is pretty cool.

And lets not forget:

whiskey-32.png : But they don't give out medals for "almost".

ruby-32.png : They do, and they're called silver.

• RexFrost

#33291707 - 1 year ago

In reply to HemoStork

The King of Cool never gives up! NEVER!

Anyway, I love Ruby's interactions with her Uncle Qrow, especially in the episode "It's Brawl in the Family". She's just so adorable when she tells him how happy she is to see him.

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33310894 - 1 year ago

Fell in love with her the instance she displayed her adorkable personality on screen. :) She's pretty much my Waifu in the series and I can't wait to see how she'll develop from the events of V3 into V4 and beyond. Excited to get her figures from Medicos as well.

• RexFrost

#33311374 - 1 year ago

rwby-volume-4.jpg

What does everyone think of Ruby's new look? Personally, I like it. It certainly shows how Ruby has grown both as a Huntress & as a young lady.

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33311543 - 1 year ago

I dig it. Shows how maturing Ruby is getting both in age and looks. That said I do miss some elements from her old design like the tights but that isn't a big deal. I really want to see how Ruby develops further since the events of V3 personality wise since she's gotten her first real taste of the harsh lessons in life.

• Syamur

Syamur FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Founder and Head of RDDT

#33311555 - 1 year ago

In reply to RexFrost

Very cool in my opinion. Definitely brings out that Red Riding Hood character of her she represents already, but in a more mature and lethal fashion. I can't wait to see what's in store about her personality, though, because the timeskip aged her one year, and after all that had transpired back in Volume 3, she definitely changed.

• SlicenandDicen

SlicenandDicen

#33313746 - 1 year ago

Something awesome.
    I love both of these series so...

• PhantomAC

PhantomAC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Not Otaku, Just Nerd

#33435116 - 11 months ago

In reply to HemoStork

"But they don't give out medals for "almost". : They do, and they're called silver. "

That's my favorite funny Quote from Ruby. Had to rewind it a few times, and just laughed harder.

My favorite serious quotes come from the conversation She and Jaune had about leading a team.

And Even though my favorite character is Nora,.. Ruby's fighting style has me staring at the screen and drooling.

The world could end, and I would still be glued to my seat watching her elegantly slice and dice.

• RexFrost

#33438046 - 11 months ago

So what does everyone think is in store for Ruby in Volume 5? Volume 4 is nearly over, & it looks like things are getting pretty dark on Ruby's side of the world. The bad guys are planning Haven's downfall, the Grimm are getting worse, Ruby's being hunted, & Qrow is in dire straits. It's a lot for someone to handle, I'm worried that poor Ruby's gonna end up turning from a sweet little Rosebud...into a bitter little Thorn.

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33438158 - 11 months ago

^^I don't think she'll end up being a bitter person at the end. Sure she'll most likely have her down moments where she can't take more grief and stress and breaks down but then someone like either Yang or Jaune help her out and remind her why she became a huntress in the first place. What makes a person strong in real life is that they're aware the world's going to have horrible stuff yet if you keep on being true to what's right it'll not only help her out but others around her. Pretty much a lesson from A Heroes Journey after all. 

• zero3262

zero3262

#33438216 - 11 months ago

There is one thing I think will happen to Ruby in either Vol4 or 5 and that is that the Crescent Rose will break or be destroyed. I actually noticed this already in the Vol4 Trailer: If you take a closer look at the Crescent Rose it has a lot of scratches and even the visor has a crack in it. However if you look at all other peoples weapons (well Jaunes sword and shield is an exception since he just got it new), you don't even see a scratch on them.

In addition to that it looks like Rubys scythe is a little bit unhandy when it comes to fighting against other humans (or faunes). In comparison Qrows sycthe in swordmode is much quicker and more handy for those situations.

• RexFrost

#33438956 - 11 months ago

In reply to zero3262

This brings up a good question: if Qrow should die & Crescent Rose get broken, will Ruby inherit Qrow's weapon? I've always thought that if Qrow knows he's about to die, he will pass on his weapon to his niece before he passes on, like Zack passed the Buster Sword to Cloud in Final Fantasy VII. He'll give his weapon to her as a way of telling his niece to carry on & move forward without him, but always remember that he'll always be with her in spirit.

• RexFrost

#33456338 - 10 months ago

rubyfacialrigs.png

The many faces of Ruby Rose.

smile ruby

• PhantomAC

PhantomAC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Not Otaku, Just Nerd

#33456353 - 10 months ago

In reply to RexFrost Love IT!  thumbsup

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33456684 - 10 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

That is so precious. lol That's one of the reason why I love that girl so much.

• PhantomAC

#33456697 - 10 months ago

RIGHT!!! you could wrap a new-born in angels wings and their innocence would be no match for Ruby! (But she'd gush all over that baby like it was the end-all-be-all)

heart ruby

• RexFrost

#33524274 - 9 months ago

Bet ya thought this thread was dead, didn't ya? Well GUESS AGAIN!

ruby_rose_hr_x_prints_by_adsouto-db0y1sd

http://adsouto.deviantart.com/...

tumblr_omefeoL0vI1u8f9n3o1_1280.jpg

http://t.umblr.com/redirect?z=...

• MisCon

MisCon

#33524284 - 9 months ago

???? Cat ears?....

• PhantomAC

#33526498 - 9 months ago

This thread's not dead,.. Just red. (read?) "BOOOOOOOO!!!" ... *SPLAT!*

• RexFrost

#33536665 - 8 months ago

In reply to MisCon

Yup, cat ears. RWBY Cats FTW!

smiley_cat smile_cat blake

• RexFrost

#33550460 - 8 months ago

tumblr_ongd1qssaX1u8f9n3o1_1280.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/moj...

Ruby Rose riding a dinosaur. This is awesome, folks. Just. Plain. Awesome.

ruby

• PhantomAC

#33552701 - 8 months ago

Yoshi pops into mind when I look at this.  smile

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33552872 - 8 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

This needs to happen in a later season.