Forums > RWBY

Jaune Arc Appreciation Thread

Posts (34)

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33286594 - 1 year ago

Greetings, fellow RWBY fans! Since Team RWBY got their appreciation threads, it's now Team JNPR's time to "Shine". Without further ado, here we go!

protect_and_defend___jnpr___jaune_arc_by

This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of everyone's favorite Huntsman-in-Training, Jaune Arc. Feel free to share your thoughts & your favorite quotes & images featuring Team JNPR's very own Luckless Loverboy. Just remember to keep it civil here, folks. No hating allowed. Otherwise, Jaune will cut you down like a hot blade through an Ursa.

As always, let the appreciation begin!

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33286596 - 1 year ago

rwby_chibi_w__subtitles_pt__3__gone_sexu

http://www.deviantart.com/art/RWBY-Chibi-w-Subtitl...

We offer up this young line to the thirsty huntress so we may all know peace....well until 3 AM in the morning but that is a story for another time.

• Dreadnaught64

Dreadnaught64

#33319209 - 1 year ago

his semblance is coming soon. I can sense it.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33322152 - 1 year ago

V4_01_00139.png

What does everyone think of Jaune's new look for Volume 4? Personally, I like the new armor. He looks better prepared for a fight, & the fact that his armor & weapons were reforged with materials from Pyrrha's weaponry was a nice homage to the fallen Pyrrha. It shows that even though she's gone, her memory lives on.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33322340 - 1 year ago

I love Jaunes new armor. It seems like he's finally ready to begin his journey to becoming a huntsmen, but I can't help feel as though it's missing something. I don't know what, but it is missing something. Having his new sword and shield forged from Pyrrhas gear proves that although he knows she's gone, she can still be with him where ever he goes. It takes a strong spirit to do that. He's accepted that she's gone, but shows that she will never be forgotten

While I am a little disappointed that even after the time skip, he's still not as good a fighter as the others. However, I was impressed to see that his combat strategy has greatly improved. His plan on attacking the limbs of that rock monster was very clever. I just hope that the next time we see him, he will actually prove useful in combat and hold his own against an enemy

His semblance is the one thing I want to know about him more that his family history. I know that RT said that we've seen it already, but they didn't say when we did. The mystery of his semblance is like a bad itch that I just can't scratch. There have been plenty of times for RT to reveal it, but never have. Even the fall of Beacon wasn't enough to awaken it. What kind of situation does he need to be in for his power to awaken? COME ON, RT!! YOUR DRIVING US CRAZY WITH THIS!!! (YOUR DRIVING US CRAZY WITH HIS FAMILY TOO!! WHAT"S THE DEAL WITH 7 SISTERS?!)

As for his future and role in the show, I think Jaune is the "hidden character". Like in most stories, there is a character, whose not the main, that has a role just as big or even bigger than the main character. The one that has a hidden power. A power that the villains need to succeed in their plans or one that they fear. Usually, the "hidden character" is the one who doesn't have a lot of spotlight and is the funny, lovable goofball. And last I checked, that is EXACTLY what Jaune is. I think Jaune is the "hidden character" of this show and he has a much bigger role to play than any of us can imagine.

Jaune is my #1 character in the whole show. I know that as the series goes on, more and more characters will be introduced, but none of them will ever come close to being as great as my main man, Jaune. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33434612 - 1 year ago

In reply to WalkingSpirit

Jaune will get his turn. I hope we'll at least see his semblance this season

• RexFrost

#33435038 - 1 year ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Any thoughts on what Jaune's Semblance could be? I'm betting on some kind of buffing ability like the Dragon Shouts from Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

• PhantomAC

PhantomAC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Not Otaku, Just Nerd

#33435140 - 1 year ago

This Guy. This FUCKING GUY!!!

I'm laughing myself off my couch in one scene, then yelling at the screen in the next!

I am so VERY happy Oum didn't write him into the 'comedic-relief' corner.

He's a very impressive underdog, and I can't wait to see him blow the floor out from under us all!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33435206 - 1 year ago

In reply to RexFrost

In RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, Jaunes superpower is enhancing the powers of others to their highest level. Maybe that was a clue to what his power truly is. But, the power most fans think he has is Paladin-like ability where he can create a suit of holy armor that enhances his strength and physicality and give him healing powers. So my guess is either one of those

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33435327 - 1 year ago

In reply to WalkingSpirit

If their is an ability that causes bad luck for everyone around you and you can't turn it off, I think that their is an ability that helps yourself and others

• PhantomAC

PhantomAC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Not Otaku, Just Nerd

#33500860 - 11 months ago

So,.. Months late, and Pennies short,.. I was sketching up some concept figures, and noticed my 'Yellow-Orange' Crayola pencil has 'Jaune-Orange' printed on it.

That's all.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33501499 - 11 months ago

Hopefully, Jaune gets his big moment next season. If not, so much destruction will be made

• RexFrost

#33508650 - 10 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Jaune deserves his chance to shine. Everyone else had their moment of awesomeness, & Jauney Boy needs his.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33508750 - 10 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

Amen to that

• RexFrost

#33561568 - 9 months ago

Ladies & gentlemen, allow me to present Jaune Arc, Samurai Warrior!

tumblr_onw2tb5uCU1v51a66o1_1280.png

https://sumiwow.tumblr.com/pos...

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33561851 - 9 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

• RexFrost

#33563027 - 9 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I know, right? Props to sumiwow from Tumblr for the great artwork.

sunglasses thumbsup

• RexFrost

#33574109 - 8 months ago

tumblr_op19doRJL01v40o2po1_540.jpg

https://adsouto.tumblr.com/pos...

• PhantomAC

#33574383 - 8 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

This is actually the mental image I have for Jaune next season. Awesome that someone who can illustrate does too.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33574429 - 8 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

That's what I'm talking about

• RexFrost

#33691222 - 1 week ago

tumblr_p27bskcUsi1syp9wbo2_r1_540.png

http://makemearobodt.tumblr.co...

Well, folks, Volume 5 Chapter 12 aired &,...well, good old Jauney Boy got his moment to shine. Not only did he finally unlock his Semblance & save Weiss by healing her, but it also makes him a vital asset to his fellow Huntsmen & Huntresses. Every tram needs a Medic, & Jaune has now become the best kind of Medic to have: a Paladin. With his sword, shield-sword, & armor coupled with his Healing Semblance, Jaune is now ready to be a much greater Huntsman than he ever was before.

After this episode, Jaune has officially become Best Boy in the show. Has the latest episode changed your view of Jaune for the better? If so, share your thoughts here & show appreciation for the new Paladin in town.

jaune

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33691235 - 1 week ago

Jaune has always been my #1 character. I've always wanted him to be important to the show and now it seems he is more important than any of us could have imagined

• PhantomAC

#33691898 - 1 week ago

I gotta say that I'm VERY happy his semblance is healing. I guess that was the season one hint Pyrrah gave when she opened it for him, but I never would of guessed it from that comment. It fits, completely.

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33691900 - 1 week ago

I’m not sure what to think of Jaune’s semblance, mostly cause I’m not sure what to think still. I don’t have a problem with healing, I don’t, but it seems... strange? I’d assume that being a tank he’d have some sorta enhancement rather than healing, or at least something that redirects attacks given when Cardin punched him and his aura flashed, which still confuses me.

• ajdrake4

ajdrake4 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33691903 - 1 week ago

In reply to Arita25K I'm hoping its more complicated then just healing. Maybe he's able to manipulate aura far more effectively than anybody else, allowing him to better heal himself, heal others, or use his aura to strengthen theirs. That sort of thing. Maybe even manipulate his aura into a "forcefield."

Jaune is one of my favorite characters in this show, and one of the ones I relate most too. Glad to see him finally getting a bit more screen time this volume, and I hope he is the one that will ultimately wipe that smirk off Cinder's face...permanently.