Forums > RWBY

Your RWBY OC Weapons 3D Modeled (Basic)

Posts (267)

• angelus987

angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33675454 - 1 year ago

In reply to alexgregz

And if you're ever want some more ideas, I have a whole custom Kingdom's military's worth of weapons that I technically need designed, plus a few Huntsmen dude.

But in any case, thanks again Alex.

• alexgregz

alexgregz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33675498 - 1 year ago

In reply to angelus987 Thanks

• MikePendragonXD

MikePendragonXD

#33679384 - 1 year ago

Hi, I've created a weapon for my character,Jet Verfolger, a wolf Faunus. Jet sports an 80's biker poser look, leather jacket, chrome framed aviators, etc. His weapon is a Mares leg shotgun that transforms into a single bladed battle axe. The Color scheme is metallic black with a chrome line. The axe head ejects from the fore end, while the hand ejects in between the handle and the shoulder stock. The gun mode uses dust (i'm not that familiar with the types of dust) as explosive rounds or basic buckshot.

• Orionus-halt15

Orionus-halt15

#33681572 - 1 year ago

I've been thinking of a design. Black and purple daggers with kaleidoscope hilts that combine  and become a double edge spear and the guard of the daggers is a simple ring black with purple luminous edges that can be thrown like a boomerang for mid ranged combat

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33681612 - 1 year ago

In reply to Orionus-halt15

No offense, but I'm not entirely sure how a dagger would serve as a boomerang... Unless you mean something like the guards coming off to be used as boomerangs or something like that...

• PedroWashington

PedroWashington

#33687032 - 11 months ago

@alexgregz

Not sure if you're still doing this but here's my character background/weapon. (First time on any forum on RT)

Name: Pedro Washington

Appearance: White, Glasses, Black fohawk, revolutionary like clothing (like George Washington) with cut off sleeves, tattoo sleeve on left arm.

Now the part you need.

Weapon: a double headed Halberd axe with a large golden pike, the axe itself can break down into 2 flint locks and a one handed war axe. I was thinking having the pistol grips come out as handled allowing to charge with the pike when assembled together. So I guess the bottom half of the axe handle would be the two flintlock pistols. I imagine the one pistol being at the bottom of the staff with the other pistol someone locking into the first ones Barrel. Then the top half of the handle going into the second barrel.

Keep the overall color scheme red, white, and blue.

Thanks in advance.

• alexgregz

alexgregz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33687330 - 11 months ago

In reply to PedroWashington Ok, I'm working on a railgun sword right now, but if you would send my account a copy of your previous message that will help me out alot, I'll take a look at it as soon as I can.    Thanks

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33687344 - 11 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

In reply to alexgregz

My challenge for you still stands (refer to the reply link at the top or just look near the bottom of the previous page if that doesn't work). Now... the design bit isn't necessarily the challenge, but the working with it being given only the standing height of base configuration (you can use whatever you want to legitimize the internal mechanisms, just to make it easier)... Feel free to get to that whenever you have the time, though, I don't want to be intruding when you could be getting other projects done.

• alexgregz

#33687723 - 11 months ago

Here is the first showing of my Railgun-Sword design concept. [img]UhU6h0x.png[/img]

*Work in progress*  Still missing the blade, magazine, upper tactical rail, sights, and trigger assembly.

If you have a cool name idea just reply and if I like it I may choose it.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33688009 - 11 months ago

In reply to alexgregz

Did you have a particular OC you intend to pair this up with? That would definitely help with coming up with a name... On another note, it DOES have an Atlesian military feel to it...

• alexgregz

#33688061 - 11 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis Nope. No OC, and it does, it appears that Atlas uses rather futuristic stuff such as railguns and lasers over gunpowder weaponry. So, it would have that feel.

• SamuFinland

SamuFinland FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692540 - 11 months ago

Is this thing still going on? I've been thinking of a weapon but I really lack the skill to 3D model things

Are there any good software that is good for drawing lots of lines and basic shapes, I try using PaintNet but that is not a very good program for that purpose

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33692552 - 11 months ago

I was hoping you could help me here with a weapon, sadly only in description, so I can’t promise the best, but I’m hoping you could help model it as best you can, and of course I understand you do what youn do in your time, so I won’t bother you either.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33692600 - 11 months ago

In reply to SamuFinland

You COULD try Microsoft Paint. I use it all the time, though mine's a seriously outdated version...

• alexgregz

#33692706 - 11 months ago

Yes, this thread is still going on. Although like my last 3 posts showing the railgunsword's completion seem to be missing. I'll repost them when I have time.

• alexgregz

#33692779 - 11 months ago

Here is the Railgunsword model. Its straight blade and Linear Magnetic Accelerator Coil are ~1 meter long. It fires 6mm slugs at high velocity. Its stock extends for more stable long range combat. It has tactical rails and iron sights. Its magazine capacity is 52 rounds.

[img]bChYmdd.png[/img]

• alexgregz

#33692780 - 11 months ago

And here is a 3D View of it (the colors are wonky, but that's just how solidworks is).

[img]PWo9Eyz.png[/img]

• alexgregz

#33692781 - 11 months ago

I have already started work on the next project (a commission), and hope to show the rough stuff soon.

If anyone has any ideas they want commissioned just send me a message (not on this thread alone) with a description and possibly a rough sketch (think stick figures) and I'll let you know what I can do. 

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33692854 - 11 months ago

In reply to alexgregz

I think I know of a good name for it now... "Sidero Fidi" (Greek for "iron snake"). I think the name speaks for itself...

• alexgregz

#33692890 - 11 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis Sounds cool, although δ is more of a "th" sound so I might call it Sithero Fithi. 

• SamuFinland

SamuFinland FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33693058 - 11 months ago

I'm almost done designing my weird weapon, I spent way too much thought on it, what dust is best used on it, how the character using it developed it and how it has been improved over time, what shape the bullet it uses are, but it lacks a proper movement option, I have not thought about the semblance of its user AT ALL, neither have I designed a character, but the weapon of use has shaped the character I've been thinking about somewhat, like what kind of clothes they wear, what area of the world they live in and what they like doing

• SamuFinland

#33693132 - 11 months ago

I am done, how exactly do I send images here?

• ya_boy_clack

ya_boy_clack

#33693179 - 11 months ago

I just want to say I've read most of the comments, weapon descriptions and I love them!

Weapon Name: Judge's Remorse 

Description: A tiger hook sword, with a crimson leather handle wrapping around the circular handle. The red handle is roughly twenty centimetres long, with a dark bronze gold ring in the middle, the end of the handle is a round point which is the same colour as the handle's ring. The blade is lighter in colouration to the ring, the blade has left angled black lines every few inches, the blade being ninety centimetres long. When a tight grasp on the handles upper half and and a swing will begin to take the sword apart and release sections that a held by a highly resistant wire that makes a sword whip. The blades edges are extraordinarily sharp.

Short description of character: Angus Zhang a 6'1 18 year old male, clad in light red and gold metal with a short red tattered cape on the left side of his shoulders. Zhang has purple and green eyes, long black hair, tanned brown skin and a slim muscular figure.

(Hope you enjoy and I'd write about my favourite weapon creation but it is based of one of the characters in the RWBY Show.)

• ya_boy_clack

ya_boy_clack

#33693181 - 11 months ago

In reply to petblue, with your book idea, if your making it a weapon I've got a good idea for it. A gold book that has different round holes in pages that are filled with dust and it can fire  them, I feel it would have a circular centre and its cover covers the circle. the circle would be gold and it would spin, lock onto a specific dust type and under the circle was a tube that allowed the dust to fire.

-Kind regards, Ya_Boy_Clack

• 1SunStrider

1SunStrider Sunstrider

#33693185 - 11 months ago

Salutations, I'm going to be the GM (Grimm Master) for my tabletop group (Team JWLS). Everyone is still in the process of character creation as it is a bit of a homebrew system. Thus far the ideas for weapons and semblances have been quite interesting. Given how patient the players have been with me, I'd like to try getting 3D versions of their weapons done by an artist.

This thread seems pretty active over time, but if you do have time to render 4 straightforward weapons, please send a message my way. ~Sunstrider's message in a battle... I mean bottle!

P.S. No it isn't any of the pre-existing RWBY homebrew games out there. Might use some for inspiration. Sorry if I'm reluctant to specify the system as it could very well be awful.