Forums > RWBY

RWBY Fan Discussions - Meet Other RWBY Fans

Posts (3385)

• Azura_Ablaze

Azura_Ablaze FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Destroyer of Tacos

#33691934 - 8 months ago

In reply to FettucCR Thats sad really that people would give them shit. Writers write for themselves. As it should be.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33691938 - 8 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

nah, I'm pretty sure the episode is out already

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33691944 - 8 months ago

In reply to Jianju

In reply to Azura_Ablaze

True enough. But there are a lot of Nora fans. And remember, for some people, complaining is a sport.

• Azura_Ablaze

Azura_Ablaze FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Destroyer of Tacos

#33691953 - 8 months ago

In reply to FettucCR Can we make a sport where we kick those people in fun places?

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33691979 - 8 months ago

In reply to Azura_Ablaze

Who, complainers? Sign me in. I'll bring knee pads.

• Azura_Ablaze

#33691982 - 8 months ago

In reply to FettucCR Yes, don't forget the steel toed boots.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33692173 - 8 months ago

In reply to Azura_Ablaze

In that case, I have some shopping to do.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33692889 - 8 months ago

Late to the discussion, but may I be allowed to rugby tackle the lot? And bring my cricket bat along?

• Tophat_Dragoneye

Tophat_Dragoneye FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692944 - 8 months ago

Just feed them surströmming and you won't hear from them for a while.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33692948 - 8 months ago

In reply to Tophat_Dragoneye

Good idea, but physical violence is so much more satisfying!

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33693579 - 8 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079

In reply to Tophat_Dragoneye

Good idea, but physical violence is so much more satisfying!

By God it is >:-D

• Tophat_Dragoneye

Tophat_Dragoneye FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33693597 - 8 months ago

I'm descended from vikings, so the ins and outs of how to do violence is in my blood and it can get a bit dull from times to times.

That said, we do have standards. I mean, just take a look at Finland. They have a battlecry from WW2 that says "Tulta Munille", which means, "Fire at their balls". Even we say no to that!

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33695591 - 8 months ago

used to be:

"Don't get into cars with strangers."

"Don't trust people you meet over the internet."

now it's:

"Get in contact with a stranger over the internet and get into their car."

Isn't it ironic?

Speaking of ironic.  You know how they said that Pyrrha died to show there was no plot armor, and really, for realism?  And now the battles have mostly become as unrealistic as an RPG with player turn style....

that is... Used to be:

team-work-rwby.gif

Now it's:

final-fantasy-tactics.gif

Pyrrha died for the sins of realism.  How ironic that realism has died.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33695724 - 8 months ago

In reply to Jianju

Yeah, pretty much.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33695747 - 8 months ago

In reply to Jianju

Never mind the fact that Yang (season 3) and Weiss (season 5) showcased the obscene level of Plot Armor team RWBY has.  That defense really never had an arm to brace itself with. 

Never mind the fact that they DO show that they CAN write a compelling and effective narrative, but choose to do so for ONLY their literal Creator's Pet Blake....

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33695748 - 8 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

The Raven vs Cinder battle was pretty good.  If they can just do that large scale and keep pushing towards what Monty was capable of, they have a chance.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33695750 - 8 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

very true.  Just for the record, I think that the no plot armor demands of realists are unrealistic.  It really comes down more to writing a believable story and who/what the story is to be about.  

That is, the very idea that they have to kill a main character to show there is no plot armor is dumb on principle.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33695753 - 8 months ago

In reply to Jianju

It very much is unrealistic.  The only kind of writing that CAN accommodate that are historical fiction and biographies.  You know, things that tell about real events.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33695777 - 8 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

well put!

• Azura_Ablaze

#33695823 - 8 months ago

My point is proven yet again. Wooo @Jianju

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33699334 - 7 months ago

You all were talking about the Tide pod challenge, here is a doctor's breakdown of what happened to one person who did the challenge.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33699365 - 7 months ago

In reply to Jianju

As nasty as that was, if that person did the challenge willingly, then I'm afraid to say, I couldn't care any less for what happened to them.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33699367 - 7 months ago

Cleaning up the gene pool, right?

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33699490 - 7 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to FettucCR

people that stupid shouldn't be allowed to drive a car.  

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33699544 - 7 months ago

In reply to Jianju

I have a strange feeling this happens a lot in California. Huh, no wonder they keep lowering the driver test standards.