Forums > RWBY

Faunus species and inspiration

Posts (190)

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33598222 - 1 year ago

In reply to thesonofcinder

Haha, thanks! :)

I was actually wondering, on the topic of dinosaurs, can there be faunus with a trait from and extinct animal? Because I really want to make an OC with tiny T-Rex arms now.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33598232 - 1 year ago

In reply to JadeTerraza I guess we haven't seen any, so it's kind of up in the air. I mean, I technically have a mythological faunus, though you can explain away his trait as belonging to a real animal if mythology really doesn't fit in your canon. Point is, you can use it, but we have no confirmation from canon that it can legitimately exist. So other people may not like it too much. Personally, I wouldn't mind.

• MoonCousin

MoonCousin

#33598295 - 1 year ago

In reply to JadeTerraza

It was the fact that the antlers grew and changed in regard to the seasons just like the real ones. I though that was really interesting.

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33598432 - 1 year ago

In reply to MoonCousin

oooooooh thanks :)

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33598741 - 1 year ago

Here's a cool idea for a faunus trait: A cow faunus with four stomachs

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33598822 - 1 year ago

In reply to JadeTerraza That would have to be a huge person though. Or tiny stomachs xD

• thesonofcinder

thesonofcinder

#33599538 - 1 year ago

In reply to JadeTerraza

Does it spit up cud like a real cow? XD

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33599589 - 1 year ago

Oh god, I hope not! XD

• YoiteShimizu

YoiteShimizu

#33600912 - 1 year ago

That sounds interestingly disgusting xD If it's spit up like a projectile, it could have some combat use, however disgusting that may be. But if it just kinda goes into the mouth, then that would be a pretty unfortunate trait x3

• thesonofcinder

thesonofcinder

#33605717 - 1 year ago

attention everyone, my most recent story, white fang,: the alliance. this is a story where the faunus lost the faunus war and vale lost the great war, this results in faunus slavery and abuse, in this world, the white fang is a rebellion led by captain scarrlentina and private Samuels, I was wondering if I could use some of your faunus species as inspiration and you could make your own characters for it if you want,

thanks

• MoonCousin

MoonCousin

#33606286 - 1 year ago

Sounds neat. If you want to borrow some of the ideas I posted feel free.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33606973 - 1 year ago

In reply to thesonofcinder Depends which one. I'd rather have you ask me specifically which idea you want, and then I can say whether I agree or not.

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33610335 - 1 year ago

Same here - ask me first, but that sounds like a really, REALLY cool story!

• thesonofcinder

thesonofcinder

#33610373 - 1 year ago

ok, I'll look through the chat. thank you!

• DarkTempler7

DarkTempler7 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33610785 - 1 year ago

You can use mine if you like. If you're interested I can send you stuff about them. Sounds like an interesting premise.  I've also got two characters I never put on here. There's Wulf Gray, a mercenary based on the wolf Fenrir and Ghost Vulpes, a professional thief based on the Nine Tailed Fox spirits from Japanese mythology.

• YoiteShimizu

YoiteShimizu

#33610819 - 1 year ago

Same here, if you want to use something, hit me up

• thesonofcinder

thesonofcinder

#33611074 - 1 year ago

thank you!

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33701645 - 9 months ago

No one uses this anymore, but I'll still go ahead and list the 3 new faunus that I've made since the creation of this thread.

-The teacher Nami Keel has a swordfish sailfin (?) going from the top of her head down her back.

-One of the bad guys, Ross Krieg, a big, husky strong man, has a bunny's cottontail.

-One of the bad girls, [first name pending] Mangel, has the "rave tentacles" of a comb jelly: CombJellyGif.gif 

in her hair.

• YoiteShimizu

YoiteShimizu

#33704605 - 9 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Awesome! One of my characters also has jelly fish tentacles in her hair, but yours seems cooler with the "rave tentacles" x3

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33704633 - 9 months ago

In reply to YoiteShimizu Thanks!

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33705766 - 8 months ago

My characters have pretty standard faunus traits, but I had an idea for a girl with badger paws that can be used for digging and I also have a girl with snail eyes. That's a thing now. One thing I really want to see is more aquatic traits, those are always super cool. And rave tentacles are superior to all.

//proceeds to rave//

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33705865 - 8 months ago

In reply to JadeTerraza Snail eyes! That's super cute!

• Atalante

Atalante

#33707434 - 8 months ago

Lets see...

I have a family of Faunus with horse-like features, such as horse/donkey ears, tails and mane. My OC has donkey legs, one of her brothers has zebra ears...

Then there is Ocean, a Narwhale Faunus with a twisted horn on his forehead. His father has seagull wings, his mother an orcas fluke, his broter has the whiskers of a seal and is really chubby. 

The mysterious girl Selena has the feathery antennae of a moth and can smell with them. Her parents have oryx-horns, her father left her mother because Selena was obviously not his child.

Currently im thinking about an innkeeper with a turtle shell on his back.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33707445 - 8 months ago

In reply to Atalante Those are all really cute ideas! I especially love the moth antennae.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33707457 - 8 months ago

Well, I do have an in-progress OC (probably not going to post him here, because I'd rather have him debut in my fanfiction)

He's basically an Armadillo faunus, with his defining trait being a series of overlapping scales all over his body. These scales act as armor, especially when he curls up, protecting his soft, squishy bits.

Anyhow, I'm toying with making him a journalist in the fashion of a "muck-raker", or perhaps a war correspondent, hanging round Vale.