Forums > RWBY

Complaints on RWBY you don't get/agree with?

Posts (37)

• MisCon

MisCon

#33462462 - 1 year ago

In reply to Knightofbalance

You do know that's a joke site, right? It's the anime equivalent of the Onion. So hypocrites calling RWBY not real anime might be funny, but the link I sent is itself funny.

I'm expecting you did, but, I didn't know if the joke was missed or not. That's the hard part about satire, when it's good enough it is almost undetectable...

• Knightofbalance

Knightofbalance

#33462547 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

Yeah I did. I've also seen people on Crunchyroll demand that RWBy be removed or called it fake anime before. It's justa general use argument for when that time comes.

• Knightofbalance

Knightofbalance

#33462826 - 1 year ago

In reply to WalkingSpirit

yeah! They do! Even the new episodes of Volume 4 too!

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33484026 - 1 year ago

There's one I've been hearing about lately since after some info from the writers that the first 3 volumes are sort of like prequels to the main story beginning with V4 some people are saying that the first 3 volumes are rendered pointless due to how it's been done and that if you start on V4 you wouldn't miss out on anything. That honestly does not make any sense for me since a lot of what V4 is about is largely because of what happened in the first 3 volumes as well as expanding on things that were hinted on the past volumes as well not to mention there are other elements in all of those volumes that can play later on in future volumes.

Not to mention that by starting on only on V4 you would not get as invested at what the characters are going through and you would not get many things of what they were saying that were direct call backs to the first 3 volumes. That would not make the experience of watching the series better at all because you'd miss out on a lot of important details from the past volumes.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33485211 - 1 year ago

You know, as "necessary" as I believed Ep 1 was, in order to set the foundation... I think it really ISN'T needed. Really. Nothing worthwhile really happens, and most of it can be inferred from the rest. Except Palpitine, the only really great character in that one, but they could have just taken 5 minutes to give a line or two of backstory to cover that.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33485226 - 1 year ago

That was kind of the point about Palpatine NO ONE knew he was a big deal but if you look back you can see it. He was suppose to be the snake in the grass you didnt realize was there.

And no she is aged they actually used deaging programs on her in the first episode but she was suppose to be on the crux of adulthood in 1.

If I recall right Padme is suppose to be 14 or so in 1 while Anakin is 8-9.

Mind you I dont think Ep 1-3 were all the good.

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33692103 - 11 months ago

It's been a while since anyone commented on the thread so I figured I'd post some new thoughts here.

I've been hearing people say that Rwby does the show don't tell rule terribly and doesn't do enough showing but to be honest I can't see it. I mean for example.

People are saying that we're not being shown that the Faunus are being persecuted yet we've seen guys like Cardin pick on Velvet,and may I need to explain the island of Menagerie?

People are saying that certain characters like Ruby are not shown that they were affected by certain events yet we have seen signs of it from time to time like with Jaune for example with Pyrrha being dead.

Those are a few examples in my mind.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33692174 - 11 months ago

In reply to kaijuguy19

They don't show on the scale that they've told about.  All we see directly is Velvet being picked on.  And while we are TOLD that Menagerie is this essentially Faunus hell they've effectively been exiled to, there's really nothing shown to indicate that.  They might show some things, but it's often too subtle that they might as well have not done anything.  That's what I and others mean by "done terribly".  Fuck, .hack//SIGN did better on showing things, and a good deal of that show was character exposition.

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33692187 - 11 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

So how much do you think they need to show? Isn't it also important to know the general idea without being shown a lot of things? Even if they did more of what you want that doesn't always give you the general idea either especially if they don't explain certain things properly.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33692194 - 11 months ago

In reply to kaijuguy19

How much?  More than what they are currently doing.  With what's been shown about the prejudice against Faunus, one asshole within the confines of Beacon, where he can be reasonably contained, is not indicative of how they are treated on a grand scale.  I do not get the sense that things are bad enough to warrant a full-scale terrorist revolution.  For example, we could have seen a bit more of Atlas while Weiss was there, and seen the level of prejudice they suffer there.  We'd already brought up this sort of thing in regards to the Black Queen virus and what Ozpin, Inc. was actually doing about it beyond just de-briefing Ruby, especially how little they actually needed to show there.  All it would have taken was perhaps a few lines of dialogue between Ozpin and Ironwood about the status of an emergency sweep of the comm room, or a short scene of something like Atlas technicians doing their jobs in there to properly convey the idea that the people who have tasked themselves with the responsibility, have the resources, and have no real roadblocks, are actually DOING something about the incursion into the CCT.  It's not just the lack of "show, don't tell", it's the little that really needs to be shown to quell such criticism, AND THEY DON'T EVEN DO THAT MUCH.

• anzure

anzure

#33692357 - 11 months ago

Since my topic didnt got any atention, just came here to write of what i think of what is happening with the fights scenes lately. I'm displeased with the group fights lately we haven't had at all any 1v1s lately in the series since volume 3. or it ends being a x v 1 or a 8 v 8, but not a true 1 v 1 melee that lasts 6 minutes that it happen in older volumes. You have to many important characters and you just jump to each of the fights in the middle of the other one making it lose important of what is really happening.

That is what turned chapter 11 in complete trash fighting wise, other than that story was good. BUT one thing that RWBY is remembered for are the good fights that we havent had since Phyrra v Cinder, Qrow v Winter, or even Tyrion v Qrow was really good because it was mostly a 1 v 1.

• thomascochra

thomascochra FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33698655 - 10 months ago

Wait why do you thinks it’s bad writing? What do you consider good writing? I think it’s very tight and well done. Just look at Nora and Ren’s introduction.In reply to Aleksandr926