Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (The Flame Ignites)

Posts (9974)

• Alexshow

Alexshow Time to change a thing..

#33486673 - 10 months ago

Good day to you all, and welcome to the RWBY Volume Five In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers Thread!!

Hello everyone, and welcome to the RWBY: Volume Five Thread, to where we talk about the show's 5th season. Now, as some of you may be wondering; why are we starting this thread early? One reason in particular, is that it would allow a much more in-depth thread for the show's now confirmed fifth season from Variety. This is also for allowing any discussion of the upcoming season to pop up here, including rumors; speculation and much more. With that as-well, it is also the 15th Anniversary of Rooster Teeth, so it would be wise to point any future information for the show here.

Now with that said, there are some rules to be had with the thread itself, and that I am wanting to make sure that this thread is user-friendly and enjoyable for everyone. That being said..

~~~

1: Write safely: Now, Grammar is always a good thing to do; but not everyone is the best at writing. As long as you make sure that you make sure that your posts are handled with care, it'll be great for everyone to know what you deeply mean by what you do say.

2: Conducting Yourself safely: The forum is a shared space. And while most content from Rooster Teeth does cater to adults, it has gone to a level that can be catered for anyone, even some younger children at times. And for the sake of making sure that it's fun for everyone, so please do not come into the thread to cause an issue or to anger and upset the guests. It is almost guaranteed you’ll disagree with someone else here but acknowledging that and asserting your opinion are not mutually exclusive. Keep in mind a good argument is more persuasive than yelling, screaming, and tearing into someone else’s character. Also be aware that first impressions can last. Try and present yourself with your best foot forward to start a successful journey through the thread.

That being said, Rooster Teeth is also an place that is viewed publicly and along various other places throughout the globe. So, as a fair warning; do keep the conversations here to a hard PG13 level. Now at Rooster Teeth, it is a site that does bring in language and that a lot of individuals have sweared at times. But for the love of all things, please do not trash this thread with content that isn't suitable here. Even with RWBY having many vast dark moments that have been suggested for multiple audiences, none of it has went to the level of rated R material. Now, there is more material that should be looked at with the Terms of usage, so I highly recommend checking it out. Although, you will be reported if you do cross that line either too far or far too often.

3Spoilers: As always, Rooster Teeth has the spoiler tag. Although this thread is being created to talk about the upcoming volume, once we get to more material that would be suggestive to be potentially classified as spoilers; please tag the spoilers even in the thread. With the current release schedule of animated content for Rooster Teeth, please keep this in mind for those especially that wait for when it releases a week after the original release on Youtube (for the given episode/chapter of RWBY5). And as always; please to keep in mind that it'd be wise to give time especially if you are a FIRST member. It is highly important that you keep yourself in check as more information comes out.

3: Lurkers : Now in this case, it's an situation to where it may not actually be an issue in many way's. In-fact, It is very much actually encouraged. By watching the thread you can see what is the tone and tempo of the conversation going on now. Also, instead of bringing up the same point over and over again, if you found something you want to continue talking about, you can reply to that thought someone else had and you’ve already got a foot in the door. Be careful though, if a topic is older (like a week) you may want to preface your statement or idea again. The key part of lurking is gaining a sense of where the conversation is at. It’s actually free to pay attention.

4: Being very On Topic: On the Rooster Teeth website (or any website), there are many threads; very similar to this, that a particular purpose that is in play. This is a rule that should be taken into note here. Try to please be respectful of that in-which. This for the most part, isn't a chat room. That being said, there are many threads elsewhere on the site to speak generally (like talking inside of a Bar) and that you would be very much more respected and more welcome over there. As to what this rule is, what consists particularly on the show itself or to materials related to the show itself, is completely fine. If you want to call out similarities of what previous seasons have shared with other topics in pop culture is also completely fine. If you need to make a point about the conversation that has to be said, please do. But; always remember that this thread will be centered around the main RWBY series and that anything related to any point of the discussion should be brought back to it (although not all, as some individuals could get distracted in the middle of anything.

5: Organize Your Thoughts: When reviewing the conversation in the thread, do not make an individual reply to everything. Try and make all of your points in one post with multiple replies. You can help distinguish where your statements are meant to go in the over-all conversation, but the “reply” function will help you for that. Post-spamming really just gums up the page and doesn’t present you that well either.

6: We are a team: Like the previous point, this one is about not dominating the conversation. All of us are all on different internet connections across the globe, with different speeds as well as having different schedules and circumstances that may effect when and how often we speak. If you have a lot to say, a double post would make sense; but try to leave time and space for someone else to talk too. If you are the last person to have posted and you have a really cool new idea, please give some time that would make sense if possible. The thread succeeds and benefits when we are talking WITH people, not AT people. 

7: Enjoy Yourselves: Rooster Teeth has always been one of the best companies when it comes to communication with it's fanbase. And that we also have an amazing time together that should great and highly respectful of what we do and do not like when it comes to RWBY (and even then, that should be a great thing to look towards). It'd be great to allow many individuals to have fun and to talk too when it comes to this. And as always; conversations will always start up, and if you have nothing to add; then that's fine. This is a place that everyone should have equal and fair opinions, and as long as we have fun while doing so; it'll be worth it in the end.

~~~

Now, it is understandable that there will be issues that will always occur within the grand scheme of things. And as long as we all enjoy ourselves and to embrace RWBY in the best way possible; I highly encourage everyone to have fun and play safe in the discussion for the future of the World of Remnant!! And for now, let us begin!!

________

And as always, please don't act like an fool and to please look around for the Forum Yeti's that roam about.

_________

News
    _________

RWBY Volume 5 Streaming on Rooster Teeth | Variety

Special thanks to AgentWashingtub for his time put in the RWBY4 thread. I used his rules as somewhat of a template and edited it around to match more of what we have more recently than when that thread was created.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33486676 - 10 months ago

Jaune's semblance will finally be shown.

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33486677 - 10 months ago

Thank you for setting it up.

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33486678 - 10 months ago

In reply to Spoolofwhool nah beyond this point, i dont care tbh

• Alexshow

#33486686 - 10 months ago

In reply to Spoolofwhool

In reply to DrPainKiller

To be honest, a part of me thinks that the semblance would have to be something support based but in a way that'd be unique. Could we see it in the upcoming Volume? I think it's possible, but I am not holding my breath for it.

• drpainkiller

#33486693 - 10 months ago

In reply to Alexshow we said that about volume 4 and all we got was he made a sword that can either be sword or shield or 2 handed

• sataness

sataness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33486699 - 10 months ago

In reply to Spoolofwhool

At this point, if it's just -- Bam! Semblance reveal! -- it will be disappointing. I think Jaune will have to go through a significant character development (rather than a seriously dangerous situation) before he can manifest his Semblance. After all, Semblances are tied to personality, supposedly, and Aura is about understanding dark and light. 

• drpainkiller

#33486714 - 10 months ago

Things I liked about this volume:

Change in scenery

Seeing new locations 

New types of Grimm, interesting ones which break the thought of them just being animals.

The lighter tone, a good balance was found where it had its dark moments and its light moments

New characters 

A closer look into the workings of Salem's council instead of a look into the ozliminati.

Ren and Nora's back story and pretty much confirmed renora.

Things I didn't like:

The diffrent story's, not enough episodes or time in episodes to make the formula work. 

The floatyness of the fights verse the grimm, nukaleeve was a bit better.

Too much dialogue in fights, ruined them a bit

The end cutscenes, really should of been switched with watts and heart talking about Salem instead it being oscpin and qrow.

How they kept playing with this character may die.

• drpainkiller

#33486718 - 10 months ago

Things I liked about this volume:

Change in scenery

Seeing new locations 

New types of Grimm, interesting ones which break the thought of them just being animals.

The lighter tone, a good balance was found where it had its dark moments and its light moments

New characters 

A closer look into the workings of Salem's council instead of a look into the ozliminati.

Ren and Nora's back story and pretty much confirmed renora.

Things I didn't like:

The diffrent story's, not enough episodes or time in episodes to make the formula work. 

The floatyness of the fights verse the grimm, nukaleeve was a bit better.

Too much dialogue in fights, ruined them a bit

The end cutscenes, really should of been switched with watts and heart talking about Salem instead it being oscpin and qrow.

How they kept playing with this character may die.

Them bringing in diffrent elements of a character and not acknowledging them. Rubys dreams, ravena tribe, tyrians punishment.

Wondering why Blake's bit even got into ep12, was just flag shopping.

• Alexshow

#33486729 - 10 months ago

What I'm personally curious about the upcoming volume is more specifically what Volume 5 will handle in the terms of the full bringing back of Team RWBY. 

I have a hard time thinking that all of them will meet eachother early on in the season, but I could be wrong. Although I do think that Ruby/Weiss will probably be the ones that work together first.

• drpainkiller

#33486740 - 10 months ago

In reply to AlexshowAlexshow we don't know how long yang will take, we never saw the path too mistral and it could be days, could be weeks. But 2 of them should meet early on.

Also anyone going to RTX london?

• Alexshow

#33486749 - 10 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

And I would agree when it comes to Yang..if it wasn't for the fact that Yang in terms of transport is in a much better position than what RNJR had to go through.

I do think the most likely two to find eachother first though is Weiss and Ruby (and respectively Qrow and Winter). We already know that Winter is in Mistral, and it wouldn't be a potential surprise that we see a potential rematch of Qrow and Winter if the possibility comes to play.

• drpainkiller

#33486752 - 10 months ago

In reply to AlexshowAlexshow love to see winter chat shit about Oscar then he comes out and say something like the man in my head disagrees however

• Alexshow

#33486763 - 10 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

Personally, I don't think Winter will hold much to Oscar. Qrow on the other hand..

• JordanBS

JordanBS

#33486768 - 10 months ago

My S5 wish-list/speculation:

-Tai-yang + Ghira. Super-dad team up! (or at least a good explanation of what they are doing while the girls are in Mistral)

-NEO!

-Member of team evil has second thoughts, realize they "didn't sign up for this s***" (Emerald most likely, but maybe Mercury or even Cinder?)

-Penny 2.0

-Someone loses/breaks their weapon and has to complete a side-quest to replace it. 

• wedwarrd45

wedwarrd45 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33486776 - 10 months ago

Qrow vs. Adam swordfight.

• drpainkiller

#33486780 - 10 months ago

In reply to AlexshowAlexshow but ozpin hates winter for ruining his courtyard

In reply to JordanBSJordanBS emerald seemed like she would defect in vol 3, need and emerald in vol 4 start but now it looks like they are OK with it.

• drpainkiller

#33486790 - 10 months ago

In reply to JordanBSJordanBS there was a shot where when she placed it on the bed, it stayed there for a few seconds, I think that is what will break, rendering her almost useless and nothing but wit and intelligence to save her

• Alexshow

#33486796 - 10 months ago

In reply to JordanBS

As of right now, I have this as wish-list:

- Winter/Qrow rematch

- More on the Wicked Witch and her relationship with the Wizard

- More told about the Coward, Tinman, Wizard and the Crow in their former experiences working together

- Seeing Haven Academy with Ruby reuniting with _SSN (with Sun coming back at the end)

- More White Fang

Things I don't want:

- Whitley, Nuff Said

In reply to DrPainKiller

Does he? It didn't seem like it at least in my opinion. The one I'd wonder, is Qrow and Winter. 

And as for Emerald in Volume 4, I don't think she wants to try to leave (because you got the big bad witch and who knows what the hell she may be capable of to those that are..not good to work to work for Salem.

BTW, could you please use the edit feature next time you add something to what you wanted to say? I know that's something off to ask,but as said above..

• drpainkiller

#33486799 - 10 months ago

Love to have seen a glimpse at what Salem has, she has this godly power that brings fear and loyalty to her, her killing one Grimm showing cinder how it should be done would of been interesting.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33486910 - 10 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

Personally, I think Conder is starting to get her groove back, which will be bad news should Ruby ever cross her path again.  Though I know it won't be for quite some time, possibly not in this trilogy even.  Seems Watts is gonna be the main enemy for the heroes in this trilogy, and hoboy I can already tell the worst is yet to come.

• drpainkiller

#33486929 - 10 months ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196 what do you think watts has going for him. So far the council has shown around Tyrian being the tracker, hazel the bodygaurd, watts the tactitian, cinder the prodidgy and emerald and merc being the butlers

• wedwarrd45

wedwarrd45 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33486932 - 10 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

You just gave me a hilarious mental image of Mercury and Emerald wearing Klein-style waistcoats.

As for what Watts has going for him... Mistral's got a really big criminal element, right? How much of it do you think Watts has managed to hire?

• drpainkiller

#33486935 - 10 months ago

In reply to wedwarrd45 the merc with a mouth and the controlling bitch serve you tea like you never seen it before. Watts seems persuasive I would give him that.

• Kalilaila

Kalilaila FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chaos Light

#33486982 - 10 months ago

I think that the season will start out with RNJR and Yang meeting up.  Half way through RNJRY will meet up with Weiss and Winter.  RNJRWY however won't meet up with Blake and Sun until Vol. 6; or possibly in the finale.