Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (All Things Must Die {FINALE})

Posts (14447)

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33646950 - 11 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Isn't only 7 episodes out for season 3, making it the mid season finale? Or have they released the rest of the season already? Either way I'm more invested and excited than ever to see more.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33647012 - 11 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Depending on who you ask, Season 4 of Voltron (airing Oct 13th this year) can be seen as "Season 3 part 2". From what I've heard Netflix (and the writers) is testing a new format by cutting the seasons in half so that we get new content faster instead of waiting 6-7 months for a new season.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33647030 - 11 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

So that's the case, interesting decision, well can't wait for October to come around then. Things just keep getting better in the series and I'm excited to see what events will occur next. Seems like they'll be either two factions of the Galra empire or at least a splitter group with the Prince that'll be making his own rise to power behind the scenes. Possibly not though, but if they do go either of those routes I think things could be more interestingly complicated.

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33647103 - 11 months ago

Getting back to RWBY, does anyone else think that the blurb/synopsis/abstract think on the RWBY main page needs to be updated?

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33647107 - 11 months ago

In reply to seedFan85

YESH.

Also, question... why don't each episode get updated synopsis? Even a small one. 

No episode has a hint. Is it that big of spoilers for the show to even say details? Just wondering.

Also, tormorrw will make 1 month since we got news of a character trailer... so, they are either gonna announce it ina few days, or DrP is close to what's up- near the end of August. 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33647112 - 11 months ago

In reply to Wolf-Rain

Like I said my bets on Crunchy role expo at the end of the month. Gives them a lot more publicity.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33647117 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY

That. Yes. That.

This. ^^^

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33647216 - 11 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I have a few friends who are upset that Shiro came back because they think it will take away from Keith being the new Black Lion Paladin. I'm fine with him being back as long as Keith stays with the Black Lion. I was surprised to see that Hagar is Zarkons wife and Lotors mother. That took away my theory that Keith and Lotor were half brothers. 

I'm hoping that we get to meet Keiths mother, who is obviously a Galra, in part 2. But, the thing I want to see the most is the start of a romance between Keith and Allura. I can already tell that they will make a great couple. 

The only show that will get my mind off it is The Defenders, which comes out this friday

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33647222 - 11 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I was thinking it was too soon for Shiro to come back myself, but it seems so far that they'll be able to handle it right. And hey, it's nice to have space daddy back, Keith still needs some help to learn to be the great leader he'll eventually be as there are things he should learn which would be better told to him then him having to learn from failure. 

I was also a bit surprised by that myself but given that she was the only Atlean we knew in the Galra empire, it makes sense. Since in the original Lotor was half Atlean, and I doubted they'd change it. I was thinking if it wasn't her though, that she was the sister of his mother and her grief got changed into hatred for her fellow Atleans for unintentionally getting her killed or something like that. But I find this more interesting, and I wonder how the full family dynamic will be like with the three.

Same, would be nice to see what she's like and hey the girl in Lotors group that he met before in season 2 might be his half sister, if he'll have a half sibling that is.

Agreed, and it surely will happen as it happened in most versions of Voltron, and at the very least was hinted at feelings between the two in one. And I doubt they'd  change that just to make Klance fans happy, so I'm simply waiting for them

to really start the build up for it, which with how good the shows writing is I'm sure will be great.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33647228 - 11 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In reply to Leonthekillr

what are you guys talking about?

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33647230 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY

Voltron The Legendary Defender, great series, fully recommend checking it out.

• JROY

#33647264 - 11 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

You know what I never thought about checking it out. Didn't seem like my kinda thing. 

• JROY

#33647269 - 11 months ago

So a quick want I'd want for the Blake trailer is maybe the White Fang attacking Blake's home. I want to see what Kali and Ghira can do.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33647273 - 11 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I'm actually hoping that the Lion swapping is a temporarily thing. Yes it pays homage to the original series (which I've never seen so this will be a very biased opinion) but from a storytelling standpoint it would be terrible to have Keith become the "The True Black Paladin" because it makes everything Shiro work for in season 2 a complete waster of time. Why build Shiro's bond to Black only to turn around and say "The Black Lion made a mistake, Keith is the chosen one. Everyone's character development must involve boosting Keith's character development because he's messiah of the universe." Uh,no. 

Some fans have said that having everyone go back to old formation would be character regression but that's not true. It's possible to have Shiro go back to piloting to Black as long as it's done in a way that doesn't make the team learning to take on new responsibilities a waste of time (similar to the who "Should Pyrrha come back or stay dead." debate). That and we need to know why Black is rejecting Shiro (I don't think it's clone). Obviously something is wrong with him so it's not because Keith is Space Jesus.

Sorry for going off topic. Maybe I should make a thread about the series so that it won't happen again.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33647275 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY

I doubt the Blake Trailer will still be in Menagerie, at least that part.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33647284 - 11 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In reply to Leonthekillr

Dude I won't lie, I don't do much shipping in Voltron (in fact, RWBY is the only show I've avidly shipped characters in YEARS), but the season 3 finale upgraded Zaggar to my Voltron OTP. They are what literally would have happened if Padme had joined Anakin on the Dark Side. 

Of course, my friend and I were speculating about what was the point of making Haggar forget from a writer's stand-point? Does he not consider her Honerva anymore and only keeps her by his side because she is the body of his late wife? Is it really Honerva in there, or is it a monster from the void and that's why she has a different name, voice, and no memories? And how does Lotor fit into all this? They didn't confirm him as Honerva's son but given resemblance between Haggar without her hood and Lotor I doubt that she isn't his mother. They have the same hairline kind of.

But where was Lotor in the backstory? Was he born post-resurrection or pre-resurrection? If pre, could that be the REAL explanation behind Honerva and Zarkon's obsession with Quintessence because something happened to their son and they had to bring him back?

Oh god, season four of Voltron and the new season of RWBY start the same weekend. I think I might die from nerd overload.  

• Agent_DC-1

Agent_DC-1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Lorekeeper

#33647298 - 11 months ago

GODAMMIT. Now I have to go back and watch Voltron! Stupid forums...

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33647308 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY I see it more of when Blake rebelled against her parents about the white fang and went off with adam.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33647328 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY

In reply to DrPainKiller

Oohhh... cool. 

Yeah I really want to see slightly younger Blake and her home life in menagerie. Super curious.

Or like, team rwby pre-fall. That'd be fun. 

Character trailers kind of are a hint to what that person is most likely gonna go trough for awhile, so I assume whatever we see, will have some important meaning; other than just insight. 

• JROY

#33647333 - 11 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

I don't think so I think it will set them up to actually head to Mistral as honestly Blake's the only one currently NOT heading to Mistral. 

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33647406 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY

Which freaks  me out. They could've just placed her on a boat and hugging her parents goodbye, or with the whole fam leaving... but noooo they had to make an obvious point that Blake is not leaving, yet. 

Whhhhhhyyyy.... xP

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33647422 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY let's seee then

• erepin

erepin

#33647424 - 11 months ago

In reply to Wolf-Rain

Which freaks  me out. They could've just placed her on a boat and hugging her parents goodbye, or with the whole fam leaving... but noooo they had to make an obvious point that Blake is not leaving, yet. 
    Whhhhhhyyyy.... xP

Ever since Haruhi Suzumiya, I think fans have worried too much about production companies trolling their fans. Although they have their problems, particularly in regards to BB vs BS, ultimately I see RT as being more sensible that that.

I think, in this case, there's a sensible plot reason for why Blake would stay in Menagerie for a little while, at least, as BSBK investigate the WF there. Then, the trail will probably point to Mistral. Possibly, at that stage, the whole family + Sun will head to Mistral, where everyone will get their long-awaited RWBY reunion.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33647450 - 11 months ago

In reply to erepin

No I get the plot point possibilities, just.. she has been ratted out to the Fox Brothers. Which makes me nervous.  

I would seriouslly be less worried if she is leaving. But i dont think she will right now. She def. is on her own mission.

I am  super impatient, but slow burned plot is best plot. 

• drpainkiller

#33647452 - 11 months ago

In reply to erepin Adams mistral plan has not had any info yet considering that is where he was for the entirety of vol 1 and only showed up at the very end of vol 2