Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (A Grimm Situation)

Posts (6974)

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33666250 - 1 week ago

In reply to xXL00tXx

In reply to JROY

Yeah, that is my assumption as well but I like to fantasize. Maybe that is Oscar and he just spoke in Ozpin's voice or were just told by Qrow that Oscar is the new wizard and still has Ozpin in his head. That would make it both comedic AND relevant to the plot line. It would fit with where we left off from last volume as well and help get the ball rolling again in a nice way.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.1

#33666251 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

...yeah if it is a character I think that would be it. Maybe she shows up and she's a mess from her fight on the cargo ship.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33666254 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

I bet it's them after realizing lil' Oscar is actually the Oz.

• xXL00tXx

xXL00tXx

#33666258 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

Makes sense, but they have their weapons out. Maybe they heard him coming into their house/inn, thought he was a Grimm, but then he said something Ozpin-esque? 

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33666259 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

I think so too, considering Qrow isn't in the picture.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.1

#33666261 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

Maybe Oscar starts talking in Ozpin's voice...

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33666264 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

In reply to xXL00tXx

In reply to JROY

....... This is LITERALLY WHAT I SAID IN THE POST AT THE TOP!!! *goes into corner and sulks*  triumph

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33666266 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

In reply to xXL00tXx

Maybe he does something really freaky?And that freaky thing scares them enough for them to pull out their weapons. Ozzy's voice coming out of Oscar is freaky enough for me.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33666269 - 1 week ago

In reply to novusdawn

Crap, I hate it when I miss a post. Sorry, dude, I honestly did not notice yours  simmons

• JROY

#33666288 - 1 week ago

Haha someone I know just came back from the Premier and the only spoiler I asked is what was RNJR reacting to in the thumbnail...OH MY GOD you guys are to love it thats all I gotta say!!!  laughing

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666312 - 1 week ago

and the only spoiler I asked is what was RNJR reacting to in the thumbnail

is it a vegetable animal or mineral

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33666316 - 1 week ago

According a reddit page (I caved) we get to learn why the Maidens are so important to Salem's master plan.

As it turns out it's what we'd already expected it to be for a very long time.

• Alexshow

Alexshow Time to change a thing..

#33666318 - 1 week ago

To say something, with RWBY Volume 5 premiering at Theaters; as such, with the episode not being released until Saturday for First Members and till Monday for regular site members; if you wish to speak spoilers, please do it as such with the Spoiler Tag.

• VikingBubbles

VikingBubbles FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold anime noob

#33666325 - 1 week ago

For the uninitiated:

To use spoiler tags, click on the eye with a line through it. This will cover the text in a grey bar. 

How to read what is under the spoiler tags depends on what you are using to view it. 

computer - hover the cursor over the spoiler tagged text

phone - tap on the spoiler tagged text

• JROY

#33666388 - 1 week ago

Ok so caught a glimpse of the opening, Yang has a weapon built into her robot arm!!!

• H80NP

H80NP

#33666402 - 1 week ago

In reply to novusdawn

In reply to JROY

'It was on that night that Team RNJR would forever be scarred to the sounds of creaking bed springs. Any time they would hear the sound of creaking bed springs their minds would flash back to that horrible moment that they had burst into Qrow's room and had the horrid image of depravity inside seared into their minds."

What if that's how we see winter this Volume for the first time? 

• acw28

acw28

#33666422 - 1 week ago

It's early where I'm at, but I just had two random thoughts. First, why does it seem the crew keeps showing us they can build the old models in the new system if they're never going to be used beyond the shorts? Second, I rewatched the first episode and heard Salem's speech about "mankind coming from dust". I'm not claiming this will happen, but what character go turned to dust and, if they make a reappearance, wouldn't have been able to shop for a new outfit?

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666427 - 1 week ago

Somebody recorded the intro. All I can say is this:

People are going to ship Spring Maiden and Cinder. No question. The two look hellacious gay at each other. Cinder x Emerald is out.

And Oscar is a god damn Jedi Knight. I might actually have a reason to watch Star Wars now. Calling it, his father is a bad guy! 

Oh, and Nora loves the audience!

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666429 - 1 week ago

Welp, i caved and read some spoilers...really wish i hadnt though. I hate when im screwing around with my predictions and then they turn out to be true and im just like..'damn'

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666436 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine is it good though?

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666439 - 1 week ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

Guess thats going to depend on your point of view. I tend to be a bit more critical than most, and im definitely not happy with some of what i read.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666453 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Huh so I'm guessing my Blake and yang adopting the spring maiden headcanon is out. 

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666470 - 1 week ago

Clearly the obvious truth: Zwei will defeat Salem in this volume.

It will be an epic battle betwixt the queen of the Grimm and the corgi of war. Much will be sacrificed. But in the end, good will triumph.

• clover_jevins

clover_jevins FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666478 - 1 week ago

Only hours to go my dudes

• HunterBlaine

#33666480 - 1 week ago

i dont THINK i have to spoiler tag this since its not about the episode itself, but i will anyway

a LOT of the comments i read said they didnt care much for the opening song/animation. Said it didnt feel like a RWBY song and that the animation itself was 'too anime' for their taste.