Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (All Things Must Die {FINALE})

Posts (14445)

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33684021 - 1 year ago

In reply to drpainkiller

dos?! .. oh fudge you’re right. The tribe and the Bella’s. Well, isn’t that just... grrrrrrreat!

• michellejc

michellejc 血の花

#33684024 - 1 year ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Haha, thanks, there's been crazy stuff in here for sure. XD 

In reply to wolf-rain

I don't mean to put any pressure on you but I'm looking forward for your next chapter over analysis. ^^

I haven't watched the preview but from the thumbnail that fire looks great. 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684025 - 1 year ago

In reply to wolf-rain

So I’m guessing we’ll have no RWY or JNR QO for awhile or at least today. 

I’m hoping for a Maiden vs Maiden fight. I can see the head lines now.

“Fall Back vs Spring Forward.” Get it? Because we’ve getting the Fall Maiden vs Spring Maiden and it references the conflicts in time changes Americans go through? Oh forget it.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33684029 - 1 year ago

In reply to tin-foilhat 

omg, omg. 

THAT WAS. 

I’m dying. That was freakin hilarious. XD clever. *thumbs up*  Bravo. 

In reply to michellejc

WELL YOU WONT HAVE LONG TO WAIT. :D  I’m glad you say that, cause... I’m posting The Stray epsiode over-anyslsis  today. (Ka boom) and it is ... beyond interesting. I’m 75% done, so!  Also please yes with the pressure = awesome and makes me wanna make more. People liking them are my freakin life blood. =3

The Stray Episode Over-Analysis sneak peak:

Anyone remember the tablet we saw from the cop at the Crime scene at the docks? That tablet has actual writing in it. 

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684030 - 1 year ago

In reply to tin-foilhat well when you have the maiden of fire verses the maiden of lightning, the perfect storm happens

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33684031 - 1 year ago

In reply to drpainkiller

*applause* THAT, IS A REFERENCE TO THE TITLE. I dig it. 

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684037 - 1 year ago

All I know is that I am worried enough to be whistling "Divide".... 

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33684038 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yeesh... that’s some bad vibes.

But yeah, the fire does look Uber realistic. 

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684054 - 1 year ago

In reply to wolf-rain

Mind you I do find myself humming "Cold" from time to time so the vibes might not be as bad as you think...

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33684055 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Welp. I outta prep myself anyway. 

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684057 - 1 year ago

I jsut end up silently singing bad luck charm or divide randomly in my head

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33684059 - 1 year ago

In reply to drpainkiller

I’m going to not see that as bad omen.

Anyway, I finished the writing of The Stray. It’s at almost 8k words. |D I should be posting it within the hour, give or take the photo editing.

• VikingBubbles

VikingBubbles FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold anime noob

#33684060 - 1 year ago

Three and a half minutes in, and I have to admit I am liking Raven's sass.

• drpainkiller

#33684061 - 1 year ago

RAVEN YOU FUCKING BITCH!  i know your playing the long con in keeping salem off your back but qrow dies either way from your words alone. I knew from when that poster image came out before vol 5 started raven would do a "if no one can have it, i shall have it instead". So from my guess, she kills qrow which justifies her being on the villan t-shirt. Watts is defiantly a discrased atlas scientist who delved into things that were forbidden.  Blake still is able to use dust to make her clones which im glad we finally saw her make one with the ilia/blake fight happening next episode.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33684062 - 1 year ago

Right, let's talk about the implications of today's episode

Looks like Raven's trying to play both sides by getting the Relic of Knowledge for herself. A plan that absolutely, 100% is guaranteed to work and won't blow up in her face in anyway at a pivotal moment /s. Still, at this point it's hard to tell if she genuinely wanted Cinder and co. to kill Qrow or if she just said that to get their attention. Her seemingly flying all the way to Mistral rather than teleporting to him makes me question if she's just scoping the place out rather than going to warn her brother.

Ghira seems to be in the clear for now what with Sun backing him up but Kali's fate is still uncertain. My guess is that the fight between Blake and Ilia (assuming Blake doesn't talk her down first) will delay her just enough for her to be too late to get to her mother.

I wonder if Ironwood knew Watts, considering he was a scientist who worked for Atlas (and the fact that he refers to himself as a doctor makes me wonder if he taught at the academy too). And what did Watts do that caused him to be metricized from the kingdom?

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684064 - 1 year ago

You know im getting a little annoyed with all the jump cuts? Christ.

Also, Im glad we all sat around worried for a week just to have them barely even glance at whats going on in Menagerie

• drpainkiller

#33684066 - 1 year ago

In reply to Rakolai I think that raven was making up the kill qrow plan to buy herself some time, but i actually think she will do it. in her own possible fucked up view, she thinks she is saving yang from being a tool in the machine. If this actually happens, tai is gonna be fucking broken again, raven ran out on him leaving yang, Summer never came back again and qrow was possibly killed by the person who broke him the first time.

• drpainkiller

#33684067 - 1 year ago

In reply to HunterBlaine sooner menagerie is done, the better.

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33684068 - 1 year ago

*bangs head severely against a table* So now we have yet another cliffhanger and a very sloppy resolution with Cinder and Raven... To be completely honest, I didn't like this chapter; it seemed so... messy... Kali is still in danger and I bet I FUCKING BET Kali will be dead by the next chapter or even later; I've seen other writers do this with characters in danger they make sure one of them is saved or helped (in this case Ghira) then the other one dies (in this case Kali) so when it happens I'm going to scream "I CALLED IT I FUCKING CALLED IT" but if it doesn't then I'm just gonna remain a keyboard warrior and complain about it lul. Also I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to have Cinder, Watts, and Raven work something out... THEY HAD THE GODDAMN SPRING MAIDEN IN THEIR SIGHTS AND THEY DIDN'T TAKE HER, WHY?!?! Instead we had this bit of banter where Raven will get the relic after Haven is destroyed... and Qrow along with it... *sigh* No that's it I can't nope *gets up and starts walking out* Fandom: Hey man where are you going? Me: Ok look, there's more to see in this life... Not wasting it here... *walks out of the room and shuts the door* (JonTron reference right there lul) I'm sorry if anything I said was inaccurate I had some moments where I was thinking about things in the middle of certain scenes so I may have missed something.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684070 - 1 year ago

In reply to finyte

I agree. Honesty at this point, their just screwing with us and Im about fed up with it.

• drpainkiller

#33684071 - 1 year ago

In reply to HunterBlaine the pacing was good in the first 2 episodes, seriously wonder why that went to just talking. 4 episodes left and they gotta impress

• HunterBlaine

#33684072 - 1 year ago

In reply to drpainkiller

Its been what...5 episodes straight of mostly talking? Or is it up to 6 now? See, Im literally losing count! 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33684074 - 1 year ago

A Perfect Storm Episode 9

Okay so as normal Rewind is the Beginning.

So Cinder shows off her maiden power with the Eye thing. Raven tells her people to break down the camp they are moving.

Hmm Cinder introduces Watts as her associate while Emerald and Mercury are her disciples. Thats an odd word choice. As Disciples means she is teaching them stuff. 

Ooooh Shoots fired.

Raven is like 2 children you tricked, a disgraced Atletsian Scientist and a maiden with a Surname so apporiate she probably picked it herself. And then tells Cinder she has Egomania.

Raven is having NONE of this.

Got Love Watts techincally I was a Doctor but the rest was spot on.

Vernal gets called out and proves she is the SPring Maiden by calling up a storm..oddly no mask when she does it. Also Cinder's face it looks gleeful but something looks OFF.

So Maidens are a means to the end its the relics Salem wants and specifically locked in the Huntsmen schools.

Raven is told about Leo but her response is she doesnt want ANYTHING to do with this either Oz or Salem.

Okay new timeline in 2 days Haven will be attacked by the White Fang.

Okay she wants Qrow dead because since he knows she has Spring he is going to become a problem.

Raven says have Leo order Qrow into a trap and kill him which Cinder is willing to do because it aligns with her plans.

Arthur though points out Qrow is not going to go down quietly. And they WANT Quiet.

Raven points out all of them against Qrow? He will go down quickly.

Emerald though points out he has the students he has Ruby in an odd tone of voice. Which Cinder looks pleased about.

Watts though is like NO we leave that school a bloody mess it WILL draw the authorities and place people on High Alert running the WF attack.

So the Plan is simple. Invite Qrow and the students on the Full moon when Hazel and Adam attack kill Qrow and them. The destruction of the school hides all evidence or labels the WF with it instead of them.

Cinder agrees to the plan but Watts stops which PISSES her off and points out he KNOWS its Cinder's grudge here and he wont take the blame.

Belladonna time.

Okay Ghira going to town.

The Foxes are Dust users some kind of Wand weapon.

Ghira's aura is a purple.

Sun is here.

Blake is here and using the Dust round trick again.

Sun and Ghira against the Brothers while Blake finds her Mom.

Back to Raven

Vernal followed them to their ship.

Raven doesnt believe they will let them go after the relic.

She is going to grab the Relic and Run.

She also says she warned Yang and she made her choice.

Raven flies away and you hear the sword noise then a Raven is seen in Mistral. Uhh Yeah Raven she made her choice.

Back to Blake

Ilia is here.

Looks like a fight no Kali though which is uhoh.

My Thoughts.

I dont think Raven wants Qrow dead at all. I think she wants him there so they can turn on Cinder and her group and have back up because they ARE superior in numbers.

She clearly in the end went to go talk to Qrow though if he actually gets the message that is hard to say.

Kali might be dead. We see Ghira and Sun duking it out with the Brothers. Ilia and Blake fighting or going to fight but no sign of Kali so far and last we saw she was defending herself from behind an overturned table.

So this can go either way.

We also have a new update timeline and its looking like the Final IS going to be Haven and EVERYONE is going to be there. We have 5 more episodes left so I am thinking an episode or 2 on Blake then Final time which will be several episodes in length.

I have a feeling Adam is going to be fought.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684075 - 1 year ago

Are you fucking kidding me what the hell do you want from Qrow, Ozpin??? I’m starting to worry. Awhile back Revan came up with the theory that Qrow was originally Ozpin’s replacement I am getting worried and I’m wondering if that’s going to come into play? Like will Oscar and Ozpin be separated some how so that Ozpin can move into Qrow’s body somehow with all this weird magic shit I wouldn’t put it past Ozpin’s abilities. 

Also things aren’t looking good for Sun... please don’t tell me his “earnest is being stupid so he jumps into the fight and dies.” I don’t want the Famidonna to but c’mon if you kill off Sun by him being a well meaning idiot!  

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33684076 - 1 year ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

In reply to HunterBlaine

Its called Building a story and they needed it to set things up not all the time are shows about action. And this episode is telling us a LOT about things. 

Its a setup for the Final and its clear all the action is going to be at the end this time around.

In reply to drpainkiller

Qrow is probably not going to be killed I think Raven said that so she can lure Cinder into a trap that is why the heavy implication Raven flew to him was given. She is going to give him a heads up.

In reply to Rakolai

No She teleported you can hear the sound when she flies off screen.