Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (The Flame Ignites)

Posts (9989)

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683438 - 4 days ago

I just realized something, Blake seems to be active at all times of the day, which likely mean that she takes cat naps...

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33683440 - 4 days ago

Oh I’ve known people to hate Ocarina of Time. I used to hate it but it’s probably just the original on N64 not holding up too well. The remake for 3DS improves quite a bit imo, like doing what Twilight Princess did and mapping the Iron Boots to a button.

EDIT: really? Can you expand Michael?

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Teller of Tales and Bard

#33683488 - 4 days ago

Okay, I think I just realized why this thread frustrates me. I come here to speculate about the plot and the setting, and most people here speculate about the fandom and the crew.

Just....

why.

There's an up-shot in speculation about the story every saturday for obvious reasons, and then it descends into "here's how I reacted, oh here's how a bunch of others reacted, oh here's why they're reacting", and I'm left sitting here wondering why nobody's postulating that Ghira's part of Ozpin's conspiracy or that Yang will be forced to save Ilia for ironic reasons or whatever.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683491 - 4 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Hahahahahahahaha... There are still people who find a way though (For me personally I think it's an awesome game that is s somehow both overrated and overhated and while it's not my favorite game in the series (that would be twilight Princess) I still love it).  

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683503 - 4 days ago

Do we know the episode title or run time yet?

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33683506 - 4 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Those usually come out friday.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683507 - 4 days ago

In reply to jVictor

Really? Huh, could've sworn i saw them posted earlier than that. Oh well, thanks

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683508 - 4 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine yeah sometimes its thursday, sometimes it is friday its posted

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683518 - 4 days ago

In reply to Masterweaver

Me and Wolf’s Rain we’re discussing this on Tumblr the other day as to WHY Menagarie, a huge ass continent with nearly AN ENTIRE SPECIES ON IT, was left out of the loop. What? They didn’t have a relic so they aren’t important.

Wow, Salem has a large number of highly trained Circus animal. I wonder where she got those???? 

Just a question but does anyone else wonder why the Wizard of Oz became such an intricate part of RWBY? Like, I get that RWBY started as an idea based on four girls from FAIRYTALES before branching out into other domains, Greek and Norse mythology, Chinese literature, historical fiction (Jaune is more like fictional renditions of Jeanne d’Arc than the real life woman).

Was Wizard of Oz his favorite fairytale as a kid? It was it a reference that so much of our own world, all that we are just a veil obscured by smoke and mirrors and there is no real truth even what we cling to but yet the truth and morals are still important because they wouldn’t exist without us and that alone is what makes isn’t special snow flakes? That for all our grandeur we are just mortals and specs of dust? 

Well getting a little Nietzsche here.

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683532 - 4 days ago

In reply to Masterweaver i would love that as well, but at the same time i think its fatigue from bringing up the same topics each time that people discuss something else, its like the downtime from a volume ending to a new one starting, the only real new discussions brought up are trailer info etc.

• Neekazan

Neekazan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683546 - 4 days ago

Those who are griping that the first lbgt character is a villain are looking at Ilia the wrong way.  Ilia isn't necessarily a bad person just because she is going against the protagonists.  She is a person deeply scarred at a very young age by the hatred and scorn Faunus received from Humans.  I can definitely see where she is coming from.  She also seems conflicted about what she is doing.  There is still time for her to see the light.  We'll see what happens in the next episode or two if she redeems herself.

Also, it seems you are making it seem that the only defining characteristic that makes you you is your sexuality.  That is very shallow.

• tylerbamafan34

tylerbamafan34 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683548 - 3 days ago

"I... wanted you to look at me like that." 

she says, meanwhile preparing to send the object of her infatuation to a domestic abuser/tyrant/war-criminal. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33683549 - 3 days ago

In reply to tylerbamafan34

As I have said before she may not be aware of that.

We know she wasnt present for his communication to the foxes. We also dont know how much contact she had with him before Blake left.

So she may in fact not be aware Adam is like that and she has bought into his public face.

• HunterBlaine

#33683550 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Still though, you'd think she would be a BIT less accepting of the hit placed on Ghira and Kali, considering what happened to her own family.

She's-slightly-hesitant about this Blake stuff, but Ghira and Kali? Fine by her.

• tylerbamafan34

tylerbamafan34 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683551 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja doesn't matter, Adam specifically ordered Blake kept alive. Meanwhile her entire family and Sun are to be killed. Adam singled Blake out. Logic dictates for nothing good. This alone is reason enough for Illia to be suspicious. Blake has proven herself an enemy of the White Fang. Why not kill her along with the Belladonas? She's worthless as a political hostage with Seinna and the Belladonnas dead 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33683554 - 3 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Again he told the FOX brothers that and NOT Ilia.

That isnt doesnt matter its the whole point.

Ilia is not in contact with Adam its her handlers that are.

So all of that? She doesnt know and is kept in the dark about a lot of this.

As for her in regards to Kali and Ghira she considers them THREATS to the Faunus and the goals of WF. Keep in mind she thinks she is the GOOD guy who just has to do nasty things from time to time. Ghira and Kali doing what they did asking Faunus to die to protect Humans? She thinks of them as Race traitors.

So no you guys are kind of missing the point. She is complex and isnt aware that her position is WRONG and what she is doing is wrong. She thinks while what she does isnt okay its all for the betterment of Faunus.

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33683556 - 3 days ago

Ilia has to be just a tad bit suspicious, I noticed she was a bit hesitant about Corsic and Fennic telling her about the whole plan. Obviously she doesn't know how "evil" Adam really is so Ilia is just basically another pawn in the whole thing.

• revanninja

#33683558 - 3 days ago

In reply to finyte

Agreed also something else to keep in mind is Ilia probably isnt thinking about killing Ghira and Kali she is thinking she doesnt have to kill Blake the woman she loves.

She is focused on Blake and isnt really looking too hard at things right now since she is happy she doesnt have to kill her.

Its tunnel vision.

• HunterBlaine

#33683563 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja

I dont think she's all that much better than Adam right now.

Murder is justified

'There are no inncocent humans' 

Like this is stuff Adam believes.

• KingArthur13

KingArthur13

#33683604 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja I feel like you're trying to excuse the fact that she has definitely accepted the plan as just as well as anything that Adam does to Blake.  She is so blinded by jealousy that she has accepted that she would rather have blake suffer the way Adam wants her to, if it means that Blake doesn't get to be with anyone else.  Honestly Ilia was pretty chill up until this episode, now she's acting irrationally, her justification is even worse than Adams and overall she will be irredeemable if she kills anyone close to Blake.  

• Miitan

Miitan

#33683625 - 3 days ago

In reply to KingArthur13

I don't think it's jealousy against Adam or anything silly like that. Just that she has to do what's best for the faunus and the Belladonna's are hindering their progress atm. I mean, Ilia did try to get her to leave Menagerie before it got too late.

I'm sure if Ilia knew what Adam did to her (stab her, abuse etc.), she'd be 100% against sending her to Adam.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683627 - 3 days ago

Chapter 9 is 15:07 long titled "The perfect storm" with a nice shot of Cinder with a lovely background...

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33683631 - 3 days ago

In reply to finyte

Whether or not she's in the know about Adam's abuse towards Blake, Illia might be at a point where, like Blake did a year ago, is asking herself "Is all of this violence worth it?" Yes, sacrifices must be made in order to make progress but if you're so called leader is telling you that you must kill Faunus (you know, the people she's defending and fighting for) that don't agree with their views, including the parents of the girl you love, you might want to revaluate your life choices because it sounds like your leader is just throwing a tantrum.

Illia knows that killing the Belladonnas is wrong. She even said that killing them will make them martyrs in Menageries eyes. Even if she's not the one committing the act she knows it's wrong but won't do anything because she's trying to convince herself that it's the right thing to do so that she won't feel guilty about it later. If Illia goes through with letting the Belladonnas die knowing that it's going to hurt the girl she loves and herself, then her fate is sealed. She will become just like Adam. Killing humans AND Faunus just out of spite.

• revanninja

#33683651 - 3 days ago

In reply to KingArthur13

In reply to HunterBlaine

You are both attributing facts to clia she hasn' said 

I am not excusing anyone 

Blue rose and mitian  got it right she sees the belladonna as a THREAT against faunus  she is misguided but she THINKS she and the white fang are right and blake and her family are wrong.

From my phone 

• SaraiEve

SaraiEve

#33683679 - 3 days ago

On another topic, does anybody have thoughts about what kind of animal the woman faunus that attacked Blake is? I'm talking about the one with white skin and blue veins showing. (She's featured in the end credits.) I noticed she also has blue hands. Any ideas?