Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (All Things Must Die {FINALE})

Posts (13990)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33683549 - 2 months ago

In reply to tylerbamafan34

As I have said before she may not be aware of that.

We know she wasnt present for his communication to the foxes. We also dont know how much contact she had with him before Blake left.

So she may in fact not be aware Adam is like that and she has bought into his public face.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683550 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Still though, you'd think she would be a BIT less accepting of the hit placed on Ghira and Kali, considering what happened to her own family.

She's-slightly-hesitant about this Blake stuff, but Ghira and Kali? Fine by her.

• tylerbamafan34

tylerbamafan34

#33683551 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja doesn't matter, Adam specifically ordered Blake kept alive. Meanwhile her entire family and Sun are to be killed. Adam singled Blake out. Logic dictates for nothing good. This alone is reason enough for Illia to be suspicious. Blake has proven herself an enemy of the White Fang. Why not kill her along with the Belladonas? She's worthless as a political hostage with Seinna and the Belladonnas dead 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33683554 - 2 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Again he told the FOX brothers that and NOT Ilia.

That isnt doesnt matter its the whole point.

Ilia is not in contact with Adam its her handlers that are.

So all of that? She doesnt know and is kept in the dark about a lot of this.

As for her in regards to Kali and Ghira she considers them THREATS to the Faunus and the goals of WF. Keep in mind she thinks she is the GOOD guy who just has to do nasty things from time to time. Ghira and Kali doing what they did asking Faunus to die to protect Humans? She thinks of them as Race traitors.

So no you guys are kind of missing the point. She is complex and isnt aware that her position is WRONG and what she is doing is wrong. She thinks while what she does isnt okay its all for the betterment of Faunus.

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33683556 - 2 months ago

Ilia has to be just a tad bit suspicious, I noticed she was a bit hesitant about Corsic and Fennic telling her about the whole plan. Obviously she doesn't know how "evil" Adam really is so Ilia is just basically another pawn in the whole thing.

• revanninja

#33683558 - 2 months ago

In reply to finyte

Agreed also something else to keep in mind is Ilia probably isnt thinking about killing Ghira and Kali she is thinking she doesnt have to kill Blake the woman she loves.

She is focused on Blake and isnt really looking too hard at things right now since she is happy she doesnt have to kill her.

Its tunnel vision.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683563 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I dont think she's all that much better than Adam right now.

Murder is justified

'There are no inncocent humans' 

Like this is stuff Adam believes.

• KingArthur13

KingArthur13

#33683604 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja I feel like you're trying to excuse the fact that she has definitely accepted the plan as just as well as anything that Adam does to Blake.  She is so blinded by jealousy that she has accepted that she would rather have blake suffer the way Adam wants her to, if it means that Blake doesn't get to be with anyone else.  Honestly Ilia was pretty chill up until this episode, now she's acting irrationally, her justification is even worse than Adams and overall she will be irredeemable if she kills anyone close to Blake.  

• Miitan

Miitan

#33683625 - 2 months ago

In reply to KingArthur13

I don't think it's jealousy against Adam or anything silly like that. Just that she has to do what's best for the faunus and the Belladonna's are hindering their progress atm. I mean, Ilia did try to get her to leave Menagerie before it got too late.

I'm sure if Ilia knew what Adam did to her (stab her, abuse etc.), she'd be 100% against sending her to Adam.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683627 - 2 months ago

Chapter 9 is 15:07 long titled "The perfect storm" with a nice shot of Cinder with a lovely background...

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33683631 - 2 months ago

In reply to finyte

Whether or not she's in the know about Adam's abuse towards Blake, Illia might be at a point where, like Blake did a year ago, is asking herself "Is all of this violence worth it?" Yes, sacrifices must be made in order to make progress but if you're so called leader is telling you that you must kill Faunus (you know, the people she's defending and fighting for) that don't agree with their views, including the parents of the girl you love, you might want to revaluate your life choices because it sounds like your leader is just throwing a tantrum.

Illia knows that killing the Belladonnas is wrong. She even said that killing them will make them martyrs in Menageries eyes. Even if she's not the one committing the act she knows it's wrong but won't do anything because she's trying to convince herself that it's the right thing to do so that she won't feel guilty about it later. If Illia goes through with letting the Belladonnas die knowing that it's going to hurt the girl she loves and herself, then her fate is sealed. She will become just like Adam. Killing humans AND Faunus just out of spite.

• revanninja

#33683651 - 2 months ago

In reply to KingArthur13

In reply to HunterBlaine

You are both attributing facts to clia she hasn' said 

I am not excusing anyone 

Blue rose and mitian  got it right she sees the belladonna as a THREAT against faunus  she is misguided but she THINKS she and the white fang are right and blake and her family are wrong.

From my phone 

• SaraiEve

SaraiEve

#33683679 - 2 months ago

On another topic, does anybody have thoughts about what kind of animal the woman faunus that attacked Blake is? I'm talking about the one with white skin and blue veins showing. (She's featured in the end credits.) I noticed she also has blue hands. Any ideas?

• lena27

lena27 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683688 - 2 months ago

In reply to SaraiEve

Spider faunus, it's been said

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33683693 - 2 months ago

In reply to lena27

This is just me nitpicking but why are insects (or arachnids in this case) part of the Faunus group? Reptiles and amphibians are one thing, but spider and scorpion faunus? Why? Is it because there are people who legitimately scared of scorpions and spiders?

On second thought that might explain why those type of Faunus are feared.

• lena27

lena27 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683695 - 2 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Or people thought they looked scary with spider or scorpion traits and so those Faunus internalize it and that instilling fear becomes apart of their identity.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33683726 - 2 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Because they're Faunus and are tired of being mistreated by humans?? I don't think the White Fang is going to care about what kind of Faunus joins their cause, just as long as they believe in it.

• lena27

#33683730 - 2 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

Not sure that's what she meant

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Teller of Tales and Bard

#33683777 - 2 months ago

Faunus make increasingly little sense from a strictly biological standpoint. I still hold to my theory that there is some straight up sorcery in their origin.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33683779 - 2 months ago

In reply to Masterweaver

I actually believe Oz created them, with their ability of night vision and other abilities some gain simply because of their Faunus traits, could help against Salem and thus was the idea when the race was created. It was said in the Faunus world of remnant that they just appeared one day right? 

So either Oz was responsible, or one of or both of the brothers created em, unless there’s someone else they gave magic that we have yet to learn about.

Edit:Nvm, just rewatched the world of remanant about Faunus, and had my theory go out the door by correcting my mistaken memory, as Faunus have been around as long as humans. So they were most likely created by both brothers, and not just one, at about the same time as humans.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683784 - 2 months ago

In reply to Masterweaver

I blame His Dark Materials. “Dust” has already been borrowed from the source material so I’m of the mind people take on the Faunus traits of a animal they’re most like when they reach a certain age of maturation.

The chameleon that changes colors to suit itself.

The mischievous monkey.

The skittish but affection black cat.

The timid bunny.

The spider, what tangled webs we weave in order to deceive. 

The niht stalking bat.

The cunning and sly foxes.

And the blind and enraged bull.

Also, anyone remember bull fighting and the fact you use a red cape to enrage the bull before the metador kills it with a blade in the back of a neck? 

There might be more to the connection between Adam and Ruby than originally

thought. It just fits thematically.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33683786 - 2 months ago

In reply to Masterweaver

The most prevalent theory right now is that someone in the ancient past was messing around with the creation relic.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33683798 - 2 months ago

Admittedly Im just thinking out loud here, but is anyone else concerned that their just going to cram all the fighting into the last couple of episodes?

The next episode is about the same length of time as the last one, and we have no idea how much of that is going to be taken up by the Cinder and Raven 'discussion'

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683799 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

That or they might be linked to whatever you call Qrow and Raven. The magic that allowed full transformation is dwindling OR as Ozpin said “free them from their natural bodies.”

They weren’t the first shapeshifters Ozpin created. Merely the most recent. The Faunus we meet are in between man and Beast. They stand at the edge of choosing being slave to their instincts or rising above it. The animal in them has not been sacrificed. People like Ilia only care about survival and see no higher ground. They have chosen the animal where people like Blake and her family have chose not the higher self.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33683802 - 2 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

High ground eh?....Now I want the Obi-wan and Anakin moment from mustafar that become an ongoing joke with star wars to happen between Blake and Ilia.