Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (All Things Must Die {FINALE})

Posts (14447)

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692943 - 8 months ago

In reply to Alexshow yeah it seems that maybe she will, But at the same time how much aura did yang lose with the fight upstairs.

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33692946 - 8 months ago

In reply to drpainkiller

If they wanted to show us Yang losing her aura during the Em/Merc fight back in Chapter 12, they would've. As of right now, I am willing to bet that she has atleast half or a quarter of her aura left, which may be an advantage for her at the start of the fight. However, her disadvantage is fighting a Spring Maiden without any fighting against another Maiden, and that her robotic arm is purposefully left out of this fight. Unless if that Robotic arm has the ability to go Kingsman 2, and be self-independant, Yang will have a physical disadvantage in that fight.

And for Raven, her aura is completely gone, but has combat experience over a longer period of time. And, that she also has the ability of possibly using her portal semblance to take Yang purposefully away from her, if that so-happens. But we also have to take advantage of the fact, that Raven probably knows that at this point, Salem and her army will hunt Raven & her tribe down, so she may have no choice but to give Yang her maiden powers to hide that from Salem, just as how she did so with that mask when Cinder was at the tribal camp.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33692947 - 8 months ago

In reply to Alexshow

No the CRWBY has said no Aura no Semblance so that is out.

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692950 - 8 months ago

In reply to Alexshow Raven's been on the biggest rollercoaster of opinion ever, deadbeat mom who just ran, coward who joined cinder just to get the relic, the spring maiden with a possible reason to running, her journey may end with what happens in the vault. Yes yang is at a huge disadvatage here, but this is all down to what raven does.

• BenRG

BenRG FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold No Goodbyes

#33692951 - 8 months ago

Well, that was probably the best episode so far this season, IMO at least).

So, what have we got?

1) Jaune and Hazel's Semblance are defined in detail for the first time; IMO, Jaune is much more complex than I thought: A true tank/support character more useful in making other characters more effective than a combatant in this own right. That actually makes a lot of sense.

2) We've finally got an idea of just how powerful Maidens are with the fight between goddesses;

3) The militant White Fang seems to be in the process of falling; I liked the point where the Belladonna allies are all carrying the old blue and-white White Fang flag;

4) So, now I think the time has come for Yang and Raven to finally have a heart-to-heart and we're going to find out if Raven is a black hat at heart or not;

5) Bloody hell! Did they just kill off Cinder?!? hushed

The feel I get from this episode is that we are now witnessing the turn of the tide. Up until now, the Dark elements have had the initiative and are winning simply because the Light is divided and operating in secrecy. We are witnessing, I think, the army of the Light coalescing at last. The Dark faction can no longer win simply by cunning and deceit; open conflict must now be around the corner.

• ajdrake4

ajdrake4 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692952 - 8 months ago

In reply to ajdrake4

Who has the last name Fall though? Cinder could end up in a world of hurt by the end of this episode. Downfall could be referring to her

Just wanted to say, Called it!

• drpainkiller

#33692953 - 8 months ago

In reply to BenRG i dont think cinder is dead, i think its possible they wont show what happens till the after credits scene

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33692955 - 8 months ago

In reply to revanninja

So, then that takes one advantage away from Raven, but that she still has her maiden powers; as we saw after the aura going away, as seen with Cinder becoming an Icicle. 

In reply to drpainkiller

Agreed. A lot has happened in the manner of just a few episodes, especially for Raven as a character. And that the Season Finale will be very fascinating, as I can already see the season finale having big implications for the entire timeline of events going forward.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692956 - 8 months ago

So I've been thinking about something since last episode but this one finally put it over the top for me.

What exactly is our big final fight going to be exactly? Adam's faction is kinda getting crushed, Cinder if not dead is at least out of the fight and Leo is a pushover. So that leaves Raven, Hazel, Mercury and Emerald. Em and Merc aren't pushovers I know, but even with Hazel their seriously starting to get outnumbered with Blake's faction in the mix. I mean all I can figure is that once those fights get resolved Salem may show up-going from the intro-but other than that I got nothing here.

• BenRG

BenRG FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold No Goodbyes

#33692957 - 8 months ago

IMO: If Cinder does survive, she is going to be even more crippled then before. There will be very little of her left that's human; she'll be mostly a Grimm with a human soul under Salem's direct control but with just enough remaining of her pre-grafting self that she knows what has happened to her. I think that, when Ruby finally kills her, Cinder's last words will be: 'Thank you.'

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33692958 - 8 months ago

Honestly, when it comes to Cinder, I'm surprised that no-one's given a guess to what the hell Raven did with that final blow before turning Cinders body to Ice. Perhaps it's nothing more than a knock back, but perhaps Cinder was given a blow that actually affects the brain?

• BenRG

#33692959 - 8 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

I don't think that there will be a final 'big fight'; we might have Mercury and Emerald being taken down although I'm expecting Leo to flee with Dr Watts, who will be a last-minute surprise. Adam may escape and I think that is pretty likely as I think that the Militant White Fang is going to be a major part of Salem's army going forwards.

However, I think that the major part of next week will be the heart-to-heart between Yang and Raven in which the alignment of the Spring Maiden is finally decided. Maybe, in the very end, Yang will have no choice but to claim the prize that Cinder had wanted for herself.

• drpainkiller

#33692960 - 8 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine i dont know, either salem pulls something out of the bad, yang and raven have 1 big fight with whatever happens down there will effect yang alot

In reply to BenRG Spoiler tag it!

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33692961 - 8 months ago

One thing that is interesting is if Cinder is out of action either Temp or more Perma then there needs to be a new enemy. Hazel is showing himself to be a powerful and dangerous warrior but not someone you give Cinder like levels to. Watts does show that level of skill but seems to lack the power to it. Tyrian is just insane.

So that means they need a new player to take over Cinder's role even if its only temporary.

• drpainkiller

#33692962 - 8 months ago

In reply to BenRG Spring relic is knowledge, i wonder what could come from that

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692963 - 8 months ago

In reply to BenRG

See, it's that unknown element thats bothering me so much about the whole deal. I think the potential of a Yang-Raven fight is the best we got if Salem doesn't make an appearance. Then again, Yang only has one arm so..hard to say about that as well.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33692964 - 8 months ago

Y’all I saw spoilers and 

I’M SO HAPPY I COULD CRY

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33692965 - 8 months ago

So  everything seems fine and dandy according to the spoilers. Hazel got stabbed, Adam and the WF are either on the defensive or taken out, Cinder is frozen, Emerald and Mercury are gone or defeated, etc. I'd like to think the heroes are going to get a full win, but here's the thing: Where's Watts? The Vault is open. He could walk in and take the Relic while Raven and Yang are distracted

• BenRG

#33692966 - 8 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

In reply to drpainkiller

Just to emphasise, I don't think that Yang will take the relic. I think that it is a possible (although highly unlikely) end of next episode will be Raven either willingly or unwillingly giving Yang the power of the Spring Maiden.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33692967 - 8 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Given that we know that people coming back to life is a thing that can happen, maybe a resurrected, brainwashed Pyrrha courtesy of Salem?

• drpainkiller

#33692969 - 8 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94 hazel was not stabbed, he was thrown about like a ragdoll and stabbed himself with more dust crystals

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33692970 - 8 months ago

In reply to revanninja Someone like a "Champion"? *wink* *wink*

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33692973 - 8 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

Now I'm imagining a cloaked figure coming in out of nowhere, grabbing the Relic, and returning to Salem, only to lower their hood and reveal it's Pyrrha. Cue end of volume.

In reply to drpainkiller

Thanks for the clarification. I thought someone said Weiss stabbed him. Guess not.

• drpainkiller

#33692974 - 8 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94 yeah she did, used the queen lancer to pull him back into the building

• revanninja

#33692977 - 8 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

In reply to Rakolai

That is 100% What I am thinking especially if Watts turns out to be Victor Von Frankenstein like I think he is.