Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (The Climax)

Posts (12741)

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692771 - 5 days ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94 taking matters into her own hands, the lackeys were there to keep Salem out of sight but if they can't do that then they might as well not help her.

In reply to HunterBlaine my guess, I have no clue tbh

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692772 - 5 days ago

In reply to fatalflaw101

Well thats a bit of a bummer.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33692773 - 4 days ago

In reply to fatalflaw101

Darn. Where'd you see that?

In reply to drpainkiller

Salem might need to stay out of sight for a little longer. If she shows herself in the wrong place, people will unite against her and she doesn't want that. Though I guess its not like they can warn the other Kingdoms about her even if they see her.

Why didn't Ozpin and the others tell people (or at least Huntsmen) about Salem? I know he said so they wouldn't panic but surely if they were given a clear enemy a majority would fight together to stop her? And its not like with the Maidens where evil people would want to steal their powers.

• Rubylover1

Rubylover1

#33692775 - 4 days ago

did they sent out chapter 13 for vol.5

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33692776 - 4 days ago

In reply to Rubylover1

It's called Downfall and it's 15 minutes 28 seconds long. It'll be out tomorrow for First members.

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692777 - 4 days ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94 Grimm thrive of fear, if you have a world in fear then the grimm will always be attacking civilitiation.

In reply to HunterBlaine eh, so long as last episode is long then it's fine.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33692778 - 4 days ago

In reply to drpainkiller

That's true, I guess. Its sort of an argument between which is better: knowing an enemy is out there and what that enemy is (and fearing them) or living in ignorance to the threat, only to be blindsided? 

• Rubylover1

Rubylover1

#33692782 - 4 days ago

cool 

• Rubylover1

Rubylover1

#33692787 - 4 days ago

I just dall the sneak peak of chapter 13 and hazel is about to get his butt kicked by nora

• Rubylover1

Rubylover1

#33692788 - 4 days ago

sorry I ment sall

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33692794 - 4 days ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

That's a pretty good idea

• drpainkiller

#33692796 - 4 days ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94 plus you will always be the underdogs, the grimm can be made faster than huntsman can be trained .

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33692802 - 4 days ago

In reply to fatalflaw101 

Hmmm.... intresting 

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33692803 - 4 days ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

Downfall!! 

I’M OFFICIALY SCARED

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33692821 - 4 days ago

The name of the episode is "Downfall"? I don't like the sound of that. It makes me worried

• ajdrake4

ajdrake4 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692824 - 4 days ago

Who has the last name Fall though? Cinder could end up in a world of hurt by the end of this episode. Downfall could be referring to her

• 77explorer

77explorer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692833 - 4 days ago

Had another thought concerning the identity of the runaway Spring Maiden. Now I'm not the first to propose that Vernal was at one point the Vessel of Spring, but what I imagine is that her separation from those powers was very much on her own terms.

After all, if the Maiden Powers grant one the ability to go beyond the recognized limits of aura, semblance, and dust, would it not be possible to use those powers to grant them to someone else?

Perhaps Vernal devised some kind of ritual (a risky process which will nearly kill her and that's if she does it right) to cast the powers back into the ether, but Raven showed up (either having been sent to find her or protecting the tribe's territory) and unintentionally became the new conduit as she presented the closest source of aura. Or maybe she granted the Spring Powers knowingly (same risk of dying the death if she screws up) to Raven as a form of tribute if she allow her to join the tribe (her role as decoy after further demonstrates her loyalty).

• ruyt222

ruyt222 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ruyt222

#33692844 - 4 days ago

So have we had any new songs this volume besides the opening and trailers?

• luckhart

luckhart

#33692846 - 4 days ago

I don't think so but I may be wrong..

I hope we will get Jaune and Blake ( without her sharing it with anyone ) songs

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692847 - 4 days ago

In reply to ruyt222

Not yet, hopefully they have one for the next episode, possibly for the upcoming duel between Cinder and Raven.  Or the fight between the White Fang and Blake's Menagerie militia.  Hopefully that is.  If not, then the next new song will be in the credits of the season finale.

• ruyt222

ruyt222 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ruyt222

#33692849 - 4 days ago

Ok, fingers crossed they jam pack the next two eps with them haha

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33692852 - 4 days ago

So.....I'm going to write Vernal off as already dead, or still alive, but won't be for long (as of the end of the most recent episode).  Consider:

A) Cinder clearly thought Vernal was dead, as she was expecting the Maiden power transfer.  If she has retained the ability to siphon off others (as the Scarab gave her), then she didn't get anything that way.  However, that DOES raise one further question: could it have grabbed anything ELSE from Vernal, such as her Semblance?  Now, if she does NOT have the ability to siphon from others, that means that Cinder thinks she's young enough to acquire the Maiden powers naturally.  Since we do not see the telltale orb of light that indicates the transfer, that means that Vernal truly never had them to begin with.

B) Raven's voiced is clearly pained as she reveals that she's the Spring Maiden.  That's NOT a vocal reaction one would have if she knows that Vernal's going to get right back up from having her stomach gouged out (FORTHWITH!!), as that "Vernal has self-resurrection as her Semblance" idea would suggest.  Therefore, it means that regardless of what status Vernal is actually in, Raven herself thinks she's dead.  Considering that Raven can supposedly open her portals to only those she truly cares about, I would find it highly unlikely that her voice on that line is a really good act on Raven's part.

• drpainkiller

#33692858 - 4 days ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196 the end credit songs are usually my favourite 

In reply to ruyt222 no, thats the odd thing 

• drpainkiller

#33692860 - 4 days ago

In reply to WrightKnight They have been playing cinder for a fool so far, wouldnt be suprised if the act is still going on

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692863 - 4 days ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Definitely agree on Raven's voice, Vernal's death was not part of her plan, so she's furious.  And she's going to show Cinder how much in another six hours.

As for stealing people's Semblances, I'm not sure about that, since it's never even been suggested.  Though I wouldn't put anything past Cinder, especially since she showed she thinks she can handle two sets of Maiden's powers.  Though I daresay her arrogance will be her undoing in this upcoming episode, can't wait for it.