Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (The Waiting Game Begins..)

Posts (2270)

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33619466 - 1 week ago

In reply to lionblaze77

I'm kind of losing interest in the show as a whole.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33619495 - 1 week ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Not that I recall, but probably

In reply to lionblaze77

It wasn't me writing that post. My niece has a "cartoon crush" on Jaune. She's seven years old. I let her use my computer to check on things and she sometimes uses my page to post her thoughts. Sorry about that.

To everyone else. Is Jaune my favorite character? Yes. Am I upset that we haven't seen his semblance yet? Yes. Do I think it should take more that 4 seasons to reveal it? No. Am I angry at RT for not showing it yet? Yes. You bet I am. 

However, I am a patient person. I'm sure RT has a good reason for not revealing Jaunes semblance yet. I can wait one more season before I start getting really angry.

• lionblaze77

lionblaze77

#33619498 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I mean, nothing to really be sorry about. Just a topic that's been thrown around quite a bit before. I'm sure it'll be useful to someone who had the same questions and didn't see earlier conversations or something.

In reply to SAmaster

Honestly I can't say that I blame you. During and after V4 my interest has taken a noticeable dip, though I'll still be sticking around and watching the series.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33619510 - 1 week ago

In reply to lionblaze77

Personally my interest hasnt dropped. Rather its grown because they are starting to branch out and I am seeing some signs of serious complex things going on that makes me wonder.

Now if Vol 5 happened and we got vol 4 again yes my interest would drop but vol 4 set up enough that even though it was only an okay volume by itself its weight on the plot has peaked my interest.

For example Leo in Haven and Salem. Salem is some kind of grimm something yet she has a cadre of people willing to follow her despite grimm wanting to kill humans. So what is her real goal and what is she promising her followers. Leo based on Watts does know Salem and does seem to speak to her and as far as we know all headmasters are in Ozpin's group so then why is he turning traitor what does she have that Ozpin doesnt?

There is also other things some of it picked up from Meta such as Miles and Kerry saying Qrow could ahve helped in the nucka fight but they couldnt say more indicating something more is going on or something we dont know about.

Basically I am VERY interested in vol 5 to see some of the threads they have woven and if they get used like I think they will.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33619549 - 1 week ago

In reply to lionblaze77

I'm still giving it the benefit of the doubt. But I don't have high hopes unless we see they've been building to something big (or they bring back some fan favorite characters).

• lionblaze77

lionblaze77

#33619771 - 1 week ago

In reply to SAmaster

Yeah, I get it. Personally I'm still interested even if I'm not as interested as before.

In reply to revanninja

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the show or anything. I just noticed that I'm less interested. When volume 3 was coming out I was up and checking the site first on Sunday. I would be waiting for each episode and watching them as soon as possible. After V3 I couldn't wait for the next volume and I felt like it was taking forever.

Compare that to V4 where after the first couple episodes I was like "Oh hey, it's Tuesday or Wednesday. A new RWBY episode probably came out came out recently. Guess I could watch that later tonight." And after V4 I'm looking forward to V5, but it doesn't feel anything like the wait for V3 or V4. It's not that hyped "I can't wait" feeling but more of just something that I'm looking forward to.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33620912 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

In reply to Sugarfire

Good thing I've never been a shipper  yang People can get very intense over that subject. It is fun to watch (from a safe distance), but getting into it... 

In reply to lionblaze77

Ok, this guy knows it. 

In reply to Dinobot01

Huh. It is not common to find someone whose favorite character is Jaune. Good for you, pal! He's not my favorite, but he is pretty up in my Top 10.

In reply to lionblaze77

In reply to revanninja

Now that I come to think of it, I believe this show is a lot like Fallout 3 for me. Not in terms of story or anything like that. But remember Fallout 3 is incredibly buggy and glitchy, and yet I've had hundreds of hours of gameplay. 

RWBY is very similar, as in the show is flawed as fuck, as we've seen before. But I simply cannot drop it. It has something that makes it irresistible for me.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33620932 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

I do acknowledge the show has flaws however every show has flaws even batman the animated series FMA brotherhood and stranger things.  

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33621059 - 1 week ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Of course, I do understand that. There is no thing as a perfect show. However, RWBY is more flawed than any of those shows, and in these forums those flaws have been pointed out; some of them pretty serious. Thing is, I've quit watching other shows with less grave problems than RWBY. Just as I've stopped playing games with way less problems than Fallout. Why, I do not know. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33621072 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

Honestly a LOT of the flaws are over blown or they are people trying to judge RWBY in something it was never suppose to be judge as.

Originally it was going to be like RvB short sweet little clips but then they realized it doesnt work that well and hence things changed. It has problems yes but not as many as people make it out to be.

Or they are stuff in another show doing the same thing would get a pass on but for RWBY its picked apart.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33621079 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

You mean how Game Of Thrones kinda gets a pass from most of its fanbase for divided storyline structure but Vol 4 got torn to bits left and right? (Myself included I know.)

• revanninja

#33621093 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Not having seen game of thrones I am going to say maybe.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33621098 - 1 week ago

Well i think there was....literally 6-7 storylines going on in one season of GOT at one point.

• revanninja

#33621104 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

I will take your word on it.

I just keep seeing people be overly critical on RWBY or focusing on one idea that saying well since they didnt do this clearly they arent good.

Raven and her being a mother is one hot topic I have seen lately as an example

• HunterBlaine

#33621107 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Jury is still out on Raven far as im concerned. Sure, if you go by first impressions shes just one step below Cinder/Salem to me, but this is what 18 years after she had to leave, which might not have been her choice to begin with for all we know.

• revanninja

#33621115 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

No its pretty clear she choose to leave based on what Qrow acts like.

And Tai.

Raven has drive said drive forced her away.

Its really clear from several points Raven for whatever reason choose this.

People just keep trying to make the evil mastermind Ozpin thing and while Oz isnt a perfect person he so far hasnt been shown to be evil 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33621116 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

They still have a lot to explain in order to understand Raven and her story. Why she did what she did is the key, of course. Until then it will be only a loose end that will drive the fans mad. Yang's encounter with her, for example. Was it a dream or what?

In reply to revanninja

There is stuff some people do blow over, but there are other, like the end of Vol3, that is messy, to say the least. I do believe one has to be fair: the show has flaws, but also virtues. If you focus on only one aspect, you will get a distorted vision of it.

• revanninja

#33621121 - 1 week ago

In reply to FettucCR

Dont get me wrong there is 100% flaws in the show 

From looking around its just a lot of the flaws are over blown or distorted because they are taken out of context.

Or people Plain forget the context.

• HunterBlaine

#33621123 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

In other words 90% of the complaints levels at Jaune?

• revanninja

#33621130 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Heavily Jaune yes but also other characters

For example I saw people discussing Weiss didnt talk about her racism with anyone like it was an actual point.

The people who are telling her she is being racist are her team and its really clear she doesnt have a good relationship with her family and they are the ones being accused of it in the first place so of course she really doesnt talk to anyone she doesnt have anyone to do that with.

Its stuff like that where people think oh they should do this or that and kind of ignore the context or background of the characters.

• HunterBlaine

#33621132 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Now ive been a bit hard on Sun, but i saw a few people saying flat out that him following Blake like he did makes him no better than Adam and that Sun is 'obssesed' with Blake just like he is.

Their whole argument was 'If Sun wasnt voiced by one of the most loved people at that company and acted a bit more like an asshole instead of being comic relief fans would despise him' 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33621135 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninj

Eh, as much as I like RWBY it is a pretty flawed show when compared to the works of other Western animation but really, I think that's because there isn't anything else like. It's a huge and ambitious story that encompasses visual, written, epic, action and multiple narrative storytelling elements that doesn't really fit any established method of formula of fiction seen before. Rather, it takes bits and pieces from what exists to tell its own story that they think will be interesting and meaningful.

Does it always work? No, a lot of RWBY would need more time and effort for it to come out looking more professional and polished, but I think that would actually work on the show's disfavor. RWBY has so much heart and a lot of people say what they admire most about it is the passion put into it and if it tried to conform to a more traditional formula you see in movies, television, books, or video games to look like a more cohesive work I think that would take away from what makes RWBY, well, RWBY. So much of RWBY is so inspiring, passionate, and has genuine moments of jaw dropping and heartwarming of story. It's a mess, sure, but I'd rather have this complicated and inspirational mess than something with a ton of story ideas and potential that gets swept under the rug for a more compromised vision that limits itself to appeal to a wider audience or rip-off the success of a formula that's been done before. 

Which is funny, because every says that's all RWBY really is. Cliches done before. But that's not the way I see it. And I'm saying this as a fan of the show, not a critic. It's trying to do its own thing with mix success, but if you keep comparing it to things that inspired it instead of recognizing it for its own merit it will always come up short. It's something new and it's a mistake to judge it by the old. It's different, and if that means if you find it inferior than that's your loss.

• revanninja

#33621140 - 1 week ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Yeah a lot of the sun hate is stupid especially since it wasnt 6 to 8 months like was originally told. Just some time.

I am STRONGLY of the opinion that vol 4 is not happening at the same time and instead is occuring at slightly different times.

• revanninja

#33621141 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I disagree with you on your view point. Its not as flawed as you think it is. 

• HunterBlaine

#33621142 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

It really did bug me that they literally said if Michael wasn't behind the voice that Sun would get it worse than he already does.

I mean im sure theres SOME people like that out there but...eh.