Forums > RWBY

Volume 5 Wants And Theories

Posts (228)

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33638807 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja ah thx for the clear up, was not 100% on what the rule was. I was aware atlas forces students to serve under atlas

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33638821 - 2 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

As far as I am aware they dont FORCE them to serve they just HEAVILY hint to them it would be a good idea.

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33638836 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja Ah

• Sesshomaru222

Sesshomaru222

#33644612 - 2 months ago

• Sesshomaru222

Sesshomaru222

#33644613 - 2 months ago

In reply to Splinted

This is less of a of a vol. 5 theory and more of a down the road theory but I could see Jaune and whats left of JN_R leading the army fighting Salem while RWBY does their own thing. A good example would be Lord of the Rings with Jaune being Aragorn fighting Saurons armies head on but with no chance of outright victory while Ruby plays the part of Frodo using the opportunity to destroy the ring. 

On a side note: Ozpin= Gandalf, Jaune= Aragorn, Nora= Gimli, Ren= Legolas, Pyrrha= Borimar (cry) Ruby= Frodo, Yang= Sam, Weiss and Blake= Mary and Pippin?( honestly the comparison kinda falls apart here, as Sun and Neptune would be much better Mary and Pippin's but I can't give them top billing over Weiss and Blake, so I don't know) 

Pyrrah boramir, sun pipin, Neptune merry, blake faramir for his ranger abilities :),8 weiss galadrial, qrow, treebeard

• Ddraig1276

Ddraig1276

#33645060 - 2 months ago

In reply to GreenPoint

So Jaune the guy who was with Pyrrha the most, the one who she specifically saved and also the one who lost his girlfriend. Sure the whole RWBY crew felt it; but Nora has Ren to cope, Ruby has Weiss if they meet again, Yang might have Blake if their paths cross (which let's face it will as you stated the series is named RWBY after all). Then there's Jaune, alone emotionally unstable trying to become stronger, because he feels that Pyrrha didn't want his help because he was weak. You want to see him less? The show is RWBY yes, I will give you that, but Pyrrha died (not part of Team RWBY) Ozpin was killed and so were many others. RWBY is named that way because that was the team we as viewers believed were really strong, the ones who we thought would win all their battles but Team JNPR is the team who suffered the most, Yang lost an arm, Jaune lost a partner and his love interest he is a walking memorial to Pyrrha's memory and only Ruby knows he isn't okay. Maybe, he was on more because he lost the most. Maybe he will be the next to sacrifice himself, he's always been too kind, but he earned his place he is not a supporting character, he needs support, he needs closure.

• Ddraig1276

Ddraig1276

#33645061 - 2 months ago

In reply to Sesshomaru222

But I believe Weiss is Samwise Gamgee, Yang and Blake are Merry and Pippin.

• Ddraig1276

Ddraig1276

#33645062 - 2 months ago

I want Jaune to have closure, I'd be fine with him just going on a training rampage until he collapses and then just cries everything he has out. I want Neo to make an appearence, and I hope that Ruby develops more as a character.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33645186 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ddraig1276

I couldn't agree more. Jaune is my #1 character. RT has confirmed that Volume 5 will focus more on semblances and how that work. That gives me hope that Jaunes semblance will finally awaken and maybe, the new season will be about him. For part of it anyway

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33645995 - 2 months ago

For Blake's Volume 5 Character Short, I'm hoping we get a flashback of her early days in the White Fang when the organization turned violent. More specifically, I want to see exactly what kind of relationship Blake had with Adam. She's said before that he was "close to her", & that he was like a mentor to her. However, Adam seems like there was more between them than just a mentor-apprentice relationship, seeing as how he calls her "his darling" & "his love". This makes me wonder what really went on between these two before Adam turned violent & caused Blake to eventually leave him & the WF. I'm hoping this next trailer can shed some light on this rather bizarre (& perhaps unhealthy) relationship.

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33646049 - 2 months ago

In reply to RexFrost Adam is what we in the industry call a yandere. Except, he's not likeable.

• drpainkiller

#33646056 - 2 months ago

In reply to RexFrost more interesting to see blake argue with her parents over them stepping down as leader.

• BluntObjekt

BluntObjekt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33646684 - 2 months ago

I want to see and hear more about Emerald and Neo 

- Especially Neo's ambitions what made her choose to obey Roman and Cinder?   

-I want to learn more about the legend behind the aforementioned king? 

-More Headmaster backstories. How and when did they reach a decision to teach at Beacon? 

This may be a moot point at this time but, perhaps a recasting decision if the bad blood between Glynda's VA and RT hasn't already come to a conclusion. 

-t would be awesome if Colleen Clinkenbeard and Monica Rial were added to the growing cast of characters.

- Emerald actually getting the chance to speak up.    

-Anything hinting at the possibility of seeing Penny again.

- Coco, Velvet, Flint, Yatsuhashi, Neon and co. returning. 

--Upping the fighting choreography to match the intensity of the original Red, White, Yellow and Black trailers.   From what we've seen from Weiss' flashbacks things are shaping up nicely.

-Where has Weiss and Winter's mom been after all this time.

-A pissed off Jaune.  Because Miles has that nice guy act down pat. 

-more BTS content:  Because I would like to see what goes into or gets let out of the voice recording and musical scoring for this show.  

• FrostzWayne

FrostzWayne

#33647860 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 I would love if 'Rose Garden' would happen.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33647983 - 2 months ago

You know, I wouldn't mind Jaune and Blake speaking to each other for the first time in EVER!!! Has anyone noticed that Jaune has spoken to everyone on Team RWBY except Blake?

• drpainkiller

#33647990 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 yup, even got made into a skit in chibi about it

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33648446 - 2 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

That doesn't count, it was funny though. Not surprising that Blake doesn't even know his name

• drpainkiller

#33648456 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 I know it doesn't count. Port never had a heart attack and ozpin didn't name the relics after his personal items

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33648765 - 1 month ago

i would like to know how magic works in Remnant

• user-599bab05abc0b

user-599bab05abc0b

#33649745 - 1 month ago

I want Ruby to stop taking a back seat to everybody else's story's 

she lost penny and it had no visible change on her (didn't even mention her from that point on AT ALL despite them being such good friends) I want to see her actually struggle with her new views and threatened security of her world view.. not just have jaune at the end of the volume TELL us how much shes "grown" not it just being shoved in our faces and told rather than SEEN 

what did Ruby think of her uncle using her as bait? 

(guess we'll never know because they quickly moved past it)

some kind of verbal communication between her and her uncle about his semblance and what she thought of it would have been nice, also in the finale when qrow was all like "aren't I the one who's usually saving you?" that was a good opportunity for some dialogue about Rubys guilt in jumping in recklessly and him getting injured as a result of it or how she see's the world now after having seen 2 people die in front of her and her sister who was so strong and looked up too, lose an arm! 

Ruby, who's semblance gives her a boost of speed was ignored when the nevermore was trying to attack an unconscious "honorary uncle Qrow" in favor of Jaune doing his hero thing wtf? why would ren and nora be so surprised and freeze up at its appearance when they had already seen and KNEW it would appear? 

also her never changing hero black and white moral mentality makes her boring and bland af

she's also used often as comedy relief so often ugh....I hope volume 5 gives her something 

maybe meet penny's "father", meet up with weiss, actually shows some interest in these silver eyes ability's she has, that just seems like something she would be interested in learning about.. as a huntsman

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33649802 - 1 month ago

In reply to user-599bab05abc0b To answer the Ren and Nora one: just because they knew it was coming and that it was going to be there doesn't mean that they were prepared to face it again. They just knew they had to save Jaune and Ruby. Remember, Ren didn't even want to step foot in Kuroyuri. It would be him reliving his entire disturbing childhood. He watched his parents die, remember?

• user-599bab05abc0b

user-599bab05abc0b

#33650795 - 1 month ago

In reply to JustJaune

late reply, I guess that would apply to ren, but that excuse doesn't apply to nora as she never lost her parents to it (rather she never had any from the start and it was mainly ren parents that were focused on) from a writing stand point it would have made more sense for them to be the first to react to it, both of them covering for a startled ruby and jaune while the two snap out of it to go and move qrow out of danger together

but instead jaune is the only one who supposedly is unfazed at this horror movie monsters appearance

and he saves qrow, the person ruby had been shown to be the most protective of during their adventure

like come on, really? >_>

certain nuances/character behaviors previously shown are how you might be able to predict how a character would act in certain future situations, if they can't be depended on and it changes on a whim just to give a character some unnecessary fanservice.. it becomes more apparent to those who have been paying attention that these characters aren't acting in a way that would make the most sense for their character

• DeadkidWalkn

DeadkidWalkn

#33664440 - 1 week ago

K, so, normally I’m not one to make posts, but this struck me hard this morning. I haven’t seen this anywhere else, so here goes;

K, possible theory, though I don’t know want it to be true that’s for sure, but... could Winter be working with Salem and the gang?

In V3 ep3 toward the end, just after the Ozluminatti has been introduced to the viewers, toward the end Ironwood’s scroll is used to hack Oz’s terminal. It then cuts to Merc, Em and Cinder are talking about what to do about Qrow. Cinder says nothing, and then, “... besides, the last of the heavy lifting is being taken care of, thanks to our clever little friend.” She picks up her scroll and talks about their new access point, and toward the left of the scroll a small white “W” can be seen rotating. 

In the next episode about midway there’s a convo with Weiss and Winter about life and semblance and can you make it without dad, strengthen your resolve kiddo I’m your big sister and I tough-love you. At the beginning of this conversation she says she’s leaving because she just needed to oversee the transport of some additional troops. To be fair, in context she mentions the last shipment was raided and Weiss and her team had fought them. Again, I don’t want thins to be true, I’ve just noticed some things XP

When Beacon fell, Cinder and co turned Ironwood’s forces against him. Speaking of, how did they manage that? How did they manage to hack into General Ironwood’s personal scroll, and the whole of his robot control center? Clearly they have very capable infiltration skills (Em’s sneaky illusions, Cinder in V2, Neo), however, General Ironwood’s personal scroll? It sure would help if they had someone he trusted, who he would let his guard down around... who could reassure him that an army is needed and he needs more troops...

Why would she be evil? Good question, no clue. Again, just some things I noticed. She’s in Mistral, she’s been out on the fringe of things for a while. She’s cold, probably isn’t attached to anyone or anything and I suppose just, “chose the winning side,” (think about what Qrow says to Ironwood, “I’ve seen the things she’s made, and let me tell you, they are fear.”). I do believe she loves Weiss. I also believe she’s not evil. Goodness, I hope she’s not evil. Please don’t be evil. But if she is, it could lead to some really interesting stuff with Weiss. Possible redemption or coming back to the good side before anyone knows what’s up and trying to keep that a secret, or she could just go full dark side and we could have lots more terrible bitterness and pain for Weiss and Team RWBY yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy I’m sooo happpppy 

look at what this series has become

Anywho, dats it and dats all. Thoughts?

• BluntObjekt

BluntObjekt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33664542 - 1 week ago

In reply to DeadkidWalkn  I'd say that's bit of a stretch.   Perhaps the "W" could also be attributed to Whitley, Weiss' step-brother?  He did comment that he found Weiss's combat skills and semblance powers to be "rather cruel or uncouth".  Apparently he has no semblance or ice powers of his own.  We found out that Jacques designated him as the new heir to the Schnee Dust Company instead of her.   Pairing that with Ironwood's disapproval with how Jacques has been running things, opens up a new can of worms.   What's he hiding?   We know of the practice of forced labor in the dust mines owned by the SDC. And the decades of rough sentiment between humans and Faunus make matters worse.   Jacques not being Weiss and Winter's real dad.  Is a question in and of itself.  How did he become CEO of the company?   It couldn't be his winning charismatic personality. So, who or what led to his acquisition of the SDC?   Weiss and Winter's family must rank so much higher than his family on the relative power scale. 

Discovering how easily the robotic army was hacked in V2 and V3 was bad enough.  Weiss' overhearing Ironwood and Jacques conversation told us that the technology was being funded on behalf of the SDC.  With that there are more questions we could raise.  We further discovered that the rich and powerful families in RWBY throw their weight around simply by throwing their money around.  Hiding their filthy secrets by throwing corporate shindigs to play up to the public's sympathies. I'll partially disagree with your theory at this point.  However, I wouldn't rule out speculation on either points you raised  I'm personally not ready to declare Winter to be a pawn at this stage in the game. Under Ironwood's leadership on the battlefield, she's probably had to make her share of tough decisions.  Her current reassignment in Mistral is interesting though.  We don't know what's going to happen to Ozpin and the gang if it connects Winter to Salem and her minions.. 

Let's not forget that Whitley's a bad apple. His own daddy believes in manipulating others to do his dirty work. So, like father like son.  He obviously plays favorites with Jacques because he's seen his fathers true behavior. His allegiance to his dad was not that much of a shock to me in the last volume.  Perhaps that's why Weiss' mom was said to be drinking in the garden.  I think our favorite little ice princess should've frozen both of their tongues a long time ago.  Good theory.  It gave me a lot to think about..

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33664578 - 1 week ago

In reply to DeadkidWalkn

You're not alone in thinking Winter might be working for/with Salem. Here's my theory:

http://roosterteeth.com/forum/...