Forums > RWBY

Volume 5 Wants And Theories

Posts (230)

• BluntObjekt

BluntObjekt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33664588 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to RexFrost  Gave you a + Cool for your link to that page.  Your theory is intriguing as well.  Dunno who was getting happy with all of the + Noob mods on that forum.   The emblem appearing on the face of the stolen scroll definitely raises concerns.  Great job!  

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33664590 - 2 weeks ago

I personally think that its the other W in the group 

Arthur Watts.

he is already part of it a Stylized W is 100% his style we see him messing with his Scroll at the meeting. He is also a Doctor though of what we dont know.

So rather then Whitely who so far has no signs he is in contact with Salem nor shown he can access let alone set up the virus nor indication he has said skills.

Or Winter who is shown to be Loyal to Ironwood and caring for her sister Weiss.

Basically it makes more sense that it was Watts then either of the others based on what we know.

• BluntObjekt

BluntObjekt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33664652 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja   That's really interesting.  I completely forgot about Watts.  It is possible to earn a doctorate and not necessarily become a professional medical doctor.   Ex:  The esteemed Reverend Doctor..  or in some instances,  Professor   It could simply be his title for all we know.

• shadowling1684

shadowling1684

#33665018 - 2 weeks ago

Here are the things I want to see

1. Neo coming back

2. We at least start to see what Jaunes Semblance is

3. Team RWBY reunion 

4. Meet Pyrrhas family

5. Meet Jaunes family maybe?

6. See Mercury and Emerald have a bit of a chat in which they express some doubts about wether they should leave or not

7. See more of Qrow/Glynda/Oobleck/Port.

8. Have a team RWBY or part of team RWBY see Raven or Adam

9. Maybe a slight hint to the return of one of these characters Torchwick/Penny/Pyrrha.

10.See team CVFY.

But for now I don’t think Emerald will be leaving anytime soon as she still cares for Cinder and is currently looking after her. But if Cinder does some more terrible things then I think that she will leave or at least be very inclined towards leaving.

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665040 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to shadowling1684 I can tell you that only Penny would come back out of those three seeing as how she is a robot. I doubt we'll see Glynda any time soon, but don't give up hope. I just know there was some issues with her VA.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33665049 - 2 weeks ago

Two things I want to see happen in Volume 5:

1. Blake running towards her friends (especially Yang, because Bumblebee!), not away from them.

2. Blake & Yang taking Adam down together. In other words, Team Bumblebee pounds Adam into hamburger meat! Because this King of Cool wants his frickin' Taurus Burgers already! Feed me, RT! FEED ME!!!

honeybee punch cow hamburger

• shadowling1684

shadowling1684

#33665237 - 2 weeks ago

Thanks JustJaune I was thinking along those lines to for the people to come back but I didn’t now about the problems with Glynda’s VA

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33665244 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to shadowling1684

Yeah she has been negative on twitter often aiming it at Ashley burnie's Girlfriend and Barb as some examples I have seen so yeah its not pretty.

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665337 - 2 weeks ago

Theory: Oscar joins the formerly-known-as JNPR and forms team ORNJ.

• revanninja

#33665343 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to JustJaune

Well its Oscar Pine so it would be JNPR again and probably not.

Oscar isnt trained and it took Jaune who is older and wanted to be a hunter almost a full year if not longer to reach the point he is at Timeline wise.

To add Oscar in would be to reset JNPR back and would cause issues.

He also doesnt appear to be a crossdressing warrior unlike 

Ren Mulan

Nora Thor

Jaune Joan of Arc

Pyrrha Achilies

It looks like Oscar is based on Dorothy with Oz serving as the wizard. Leo as the Cowardly Lion, Ironwood as the TinMan and Vaccuo headmaster as Scarecrow.

So if he does its not going to be as a teammate but rather JNR protecting him

• paulhikari

paulhikari FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665351 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to revanninja

Now, Penny 2.0, on the other hand, would be the perfect replacement, seeing as Penny is a genderbent Pinocchio. Halfway through the original Pinocchio story, by the way, the eponymous protagonist is hanged from a tree by a fox and a cat, but later, a fairy rescues and revives him. From then on, he goes on a series of adventures that end with him finally becoming a real boy. And of course, we all remember how the original Penny died, right? By getting caught in her own wires and ripped apart, not unlike how Pinocchio almost met his own end.

• revanninja

#33665366 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to PaulHikari

Well the rest is true there is one issue.

Mulan Thor Joan of Arc and Achilies all Crossdressed in their stories which is what I was talking about

Both Joan and Mulan pretended to be Boys for the army

Achilies was under disguise because his mother wanted him to stay out of the war in fact that is where Pyrrha came from its the name he used while crossdressing

Thor pretended to be Freya in order to get back his hammer which was stolen from him.

So she doesnt fit the theme

• JustJaune

#33665383 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja It doesn't have to fit that JNPR are based off historical or mythological heroes. Oscar is just Oscar. He'd join JNR and make either JNPR again (as you said) or ORNJ. Both are highly likely.

• revanninja

#33665388 - 1 week ago

In reply to JustJaune

No it should fit the theme everyone is based on a theme.

RWBY are all fairy tales Red riding hood, Snow white, Beauty and the beast, and Goldilocks.

Flynt and neon are memes 

SSSN boy band and all legendary figures that are gods or god-like

CRDL birds

Oscar doesnt fit the theme of JNPR at all.

Its extremely UNLIKELY not only for the themes but because Oscar doesnt fit at all. He would be a SERIOUS step back for JNPR.

They just got Jaune up to speed to saddle them with oscar just because? it really doesnt work especially since its clear Oscar is meant to be the curtain for the wizard.

• JustJaune

#33665413 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja With RWBY making a possible rejoining at the middle or end of this volume, I doubt that Ruby would stay with RNJR. Leaving JNR without a 4th person. It only makes sense that the last teenage cast-member without a team joins it. It doesn't need to fit the theme anymore, everything has changed since volume 3, remember?

• revanninja

#33665414 - 1 week ago

In reply to JustJaune

Not as much as you think it has in fact the themes seem to be reinforced if you look.

Weiss's father is playing the wicked queen

Adam is playing the beast or maybe White Fang is

Yang is looking for what is just right

Ruby is on a trip much like Red to her grandmother's place.

Salem and WTCH aka the salem witch trials where mass hysteria and turning neighbor against neighbor happened which is what Salem has stated her goal IS.

So no Themes are actually being reinforced from what I can see.

And it doesnt make sense because Oscar isnt a hunter has no training and is the weakest person Jaune season 1 episode 2 is stronger then oscar is currently that is how out of depth Oscar is.

Him joining JNPR makes no sense based on what we know.

What makes more sense is Qrow keeping him close and trying to train him up as he handles the issues.

Oscar's greatest attribute is knowledge not filling in a slot that he is not equipped to handle in any sense of the word.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33665434 - 1 week ago

In reply to PaulHikari

My thoughts exactly. Hell, I'll make it official:

I, RexFrost, self-proclaimed King of Cool, hereby nominate Penny 2.0 for Team JNPR membership, thus forming the new & improved Team JNPR 2.0! 

I know It's a long shot, but I do want it to happen. It just makes sense to me.

• shadowling1684

shadowling1684

#33666817 - 1 week ago

i am just wondering how good is neo with hand to hand combat? I mean in the tournament she couldn’t use her umbrella so does that mean she is really good at unarmed combat too or did she just let her teammates take on the other team?

• rnjrrwby

rnjrrwby FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666948 - 1 week ago

I'm sure these aren't new theories but I have always thought that:

1.The warrior king of Vale was one of Ozpin's incarnations and Jaune is one of his descendants. I thought this was why Oz let him into Beacon when his credentials were obviously bogus. 

2. Salem's hideout is somewhere on that big peninsula on eastern Anima or Mistral or whatever. I just think this because it is the only place on the map that is pink or red like the hideout was. 

3. Everyone seems to think that Pyrrha is alive but the only way I can see her still being alive is through the Fall maiden's aura because she came into contact with it. I mean she was shot in the heart and insta-cremated. Also she is based on Achilles who died after taking an arrow to the heel and that is how she died to so maybe she is just gone. 

• scottjamesme

scottjamesme

#33666998 - 1 week ago

Neo. In fact forget Vol.5, give Ice-cream her own show.

• BluntObjekt

#33667238 - 1 week ago

i want to get a look at Emerald's own motivations for joining Cinder.  In Volume 3 we heard snippets of the plan that Cinder had in store for her.  I also think she might be having a change of heart.  Her reliance on thievery and mind games to survive fooled a lot of people. But perhaps her getting a glimpse at Salem's methods might be causing her to doubt her choices.  Mercury on the other hand, has been involved with the baddies for obviously selfish reasons.   Patricide is no small thing to go unnoticed..

Other beloved fairy tales that could possibly get the RWBY treatment include Swan Lake, Cinderella, Puss in Boots, and Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves.  Right now we've seen Goldilocks, Snow White, and Red Riding Hood   Between Qrow's penchant for bad luck, Jaune's supposed lack of a semblance, Lie Ren's cloaking ability and Ozpin's soul transference. I think the show's writers haven't fully shown their cards yet.    Whoever next in line to be the next Maiden is going to be interesting. 

• shadowling1684

shadowling1684

#33667492 - 1 week ago

I really want to see more of Neo in the volumes to come

• KingOfAnime117

KingOfAnime117

#33667528 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Main one I want is to see Jaune's family and maybe Pyrrha's family. She did say that she came from Mistral. Also where the hell Neo went?

• rnjrrwby

rnjrrwby FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33667575 - 1 week ago

Maybe Neo was with Roman the whole time. He did seem pretty upset when she fell off the ship. She is probably plotting ways to murder Ruby for killing her man. 

• rnjrrwby

#33667577 - 1 week ago

In reply to shadowling1684 she did stomp that dude's face in during the tournament so I'd say she is pretty nifty in hand to hand combat too.