Forums > RWBY

RWBY Vol 4 BluRay release on amazon UK

Posts (14)

• Fightingturip1

Fightingturip1

#33598122 - 6 months ago

does anyone know when RWBY Vol 4 will be release on Amazon UK?

• markread11

markread11 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33629378 - 5 months ago

Any news on this? I'd buy the US one but it region locked.

• DobbyMD

DobbyMD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33633773 - 4 months ago

I know I can watch it anytime I like but I want physical media! Please release RWBY volume 4 on blu ray in the UK.

• Fightingturip1

Fightingturip1

#33652894 - 3 months ago

In reply to markread11

Any news on this? I'd buy the US one but it region locked.
    Yes i bought one from Ebay and it works on a PS3/4, not too sure if it works on the XBOX 

• DobbyMD

DobbyMD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33663290 - 2 months ago

I got impatient and bought a blu-ray copy from the US RT store and it plays fine in my UK (B) blu-ray player. Despite the region on the box indicating A (US blu-ray) and 1 (US DVD). I've only tested the DVD though my PC which does also work.

As far as I'm aware the Blu-ray player i bought wasn't region unlocked. 

Be warned though UK import tax rules seem to have changed not too long ago and you'll get stung for almost any value now (used to be £110+), Expect another 10-15% on top of what you've already paid.

• moench3992

moench3992

#33664315 - 2 months ago

Hello DobbyMd,

as a fellow European RWBY fan i am also highly irritated as to why Vol 4  Blu-ray is still not available on Amazon UK, where I got the first 3 volumes perfectly fine with B/2 region code.

From your description it sounds like the DVD and Blu-ray might actually be region-free.

I would highly appreciate if you could look in your DVD-player software or with something like Nero Info Tool which Region Code the DVD actually has.

• DobbyMD

#33665542 - 2 months ago

So, as it turns out, both my PC DVD player and my BluRay player are region free so they'll play any region.

So sorry for any misleading info or getting peoples hopes up but it is very likely both discs are region encoded as the box indicates. 

• wrayman

wrayman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666050 - 1 month ago

I never noticed until now but RT have literally no useful information on their media products. I'm dying to get the UK season 4 blu-ray and I probably would pay the import fee to get it from their US store but the product page doesn't even say it's region A let alone Region free.

• DobbyMD

#33666415 - 1 month ago

All i can confirm is that the media box does say it is region B / 1. I highly doubt they are anything but US encoded. Make sure you have an unlocked player before buying. I was lucky that mine were.

• DobbyMD

#33666416 - 1 month ago

Edit: Bluray =A DVD = 1

not B. Sorry

• moench3992

moench3992

#33666863 - 1 month ago

Well I just couldn't stop myself any longer and ordered Vol 4 from the RT US Store.

I still have the slight hope, that the box is just mislabeled. (According to what I read this seems to happen quite often for blu-rays)

Otherwise I should have the means to play it anyways.

Just like wrayman I am also irritated by the lack of information about region codes on the RT Store. Because of that I had contacted the support before posting here. And while they were quick to respond, the answer wasn't really helpful and rather generic.

Me: Will the "RWBY Volume 4 Blu-ray / DVD Special Edition Combo Pack" have the appropriate region codes (B for the Blu-ray / 2 for the DVD), if I order it from Germany ?

Support: We're looking into the possibility of (insert item) coming to the UK store but there are no guarantees. Stay tuned to the UK Store and Roosterteeth.com as we launch new amazing products!

Well I would happily order from the UK Store (less shipping / no customs), but to this date none of the RWBY blu-rays is available there and the latest RWBY-item is the "Pumpkin Pete Hoodie". I would be fine with getting it of Amazon UK, but there Vol 4 is listed as "currently unavailable" and I never saw it "In stock", while the other Volumes could be ordered no problem.

I really hope this whole situation will be better for Volume 5.

Will report back about the region codes once I receive my Vol 4 copy.

• moench3992

moench3992

#33672101 - 1 month ago

Ok. My RWBY Volume 4 copy arrived today and here are my findings:

1. The Box says the DVD is region 1 and the BD is Region A

2. Both my PC drives are set to region 2 for DVDs and my player software (PowerDVD) is set to region B for BDs. And to my knowledge I don't have a software installed that alters this.

3. DVD plays fine on both drives and is recognized by PowerDVD as region 1,2,3,4,5,6 and NeroInfoTool just says Region: ALL. So almost 100% sure the DVD is indeed region-free.  ruby

4. The BD plays fine on both drives too. I found no software that shows the actual region codes for BDs. But as it plays with region B set in PowerDVD, it seems the BD is at least region A,B and possibly even A,B,C/region-free. yang

So it looks like the RWBY Vol4 Combo Pack is safe to order if you are in region A or B, not sure about C for the BD since I can't test this.

• wrayman

wrayman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33672212 - 1 month ago

Thanks for the info moench! Good to know  thumbsup Might get this as a Christmas treat to myself at last, then it'll probably go on Amazon 2 weeks after I buy it!

• moench3992

moench3992

#33672756 - 1 month ago

I was also hoping to be able to order from Amazon UK since it has been listed there for like forever. And the UK store as an alternative just seems kinda dead, at least for RWBY related stuff. But thankfully the bluray/DVD from the US store seem to work. I also tried them briefly in a Samsung standalone bluray player with B/2 coding and both discs worked fine.