Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5 Soundtrack Discussion

Posts (113)

• Supergirl-Gamer-16

Supergirl-Gamer-16

#33704235 - 1 week ago

Just stay patient guys! The album will come out! Jeff and Casey have not let us down yet!

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33704273 - 1 week ago

I keep checking every day on iTunes and Amazon for a listing. If I find anything anytime, I will instantly report it here unless someone beats me to it.

• Gorlin Goltz

Gorlin Goltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gorlin

#33704310 - 1 week ago

In reply to JustJaune

We appreciate that. 

• Drjerks

Drjerks

#33704669 - 1 week ago

Ah I remember when RWBY Trailers were out so were the single. When volume 1 was out and we heard red like roses pt2 Jeff released that song in a short for everyone. After the volume. 1 month later for the soundtrack. Volume 2 opener was released in a single. 1 month after volume 2 the soundtrack came out . Volume 3 no singles waited about 3-4 months Volume 4 3 months for Soundtrack also no singles. Different times. Now it's just a guessing game.

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33704705 - 1 week ago

In reply to Drjerks I wish it weren't like that, but it kind of has to be because of the length of the soundtracks.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33704829 - 1 week ago

In reply to JustJaune

Every volume had at least 1 full song in credits

Wings

Sacrifice

Divide & Cold

Armed and Ready

This Time

• JustJaune

#33704912 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe Neither Wings nor Sacrifice were full versions of the song. Cold wasn't full either, but Divide was. Both Armed & Ready and This Time (From Shadows part 2) are the only solo-full songs that have appeared in the credits. Re-watch the last episode of volume 1 and 2, neither of their credits songs reach past the first chorus.

• Drjerks

Drjerks

#33705016 - 1 week ago

if I had a guess I'm saying it will come out on Jeffs Birthday. which is in May. But then again it's up to RT not Jeff.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33705067 - 1 week ago

Really curious to see what the eighth main song will be (every volume past 1 has 8 main songs then remixes then episode scores)

• sttbr

sttbr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705146 - 1 week ago

i wanna know what the Acoustic song will be i was kinda disappointed when they ruined the tradition of making intro tracks into acoustic by not doing when it falls. but at the same time boop as an acoustic was wonderful

• JustJaune

#33705161 - 1 week ago

In reply to sttbr What if they make up for it by giving us two acoustics and only one remix this time? Not going to lie, the volume 4 remixes were not good.

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan

#33705193 - 1 week ago

In reply to sttbr To be honest, 'When It Falls' doesn't really seem like it'd fit as an acoustic song. (Though personally, I don't think any of the V3 songs would have been good acoustic songs apart from Mirror Mirror Part 2 and Cold, but they were basically acoustic songs anyway)

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33705794 - 1 week ago

I’m trying out figure out when we will get the sound track... If we use math, this is whats up for the release dates.

Vol 3 concluded in Feb 2016- OST released 3 months after the volume; May 3rd

Vol 4 concluded in Feb 2017- OST releases 4 months after the volume ended; June 16th

Vol 5 concluded in Jan.2018- OST release... 3/4months (?) After the volume ended; April-May month release date, possibly the first or second week of that month. 

• JustJaune

#33705822 - 1 week ago

In reply to wolf-rain Yeah, if they're following a pattern/trend, then it would be released April-May. I'm still checking Amazon and iTunes daily. Nothing yet.

• Supergirl-Gamer-16

Supergirl-Gamer-16

#33705879 - 1 week ago

Well, all we can do is wait. Surely Jeff, Casey and RT will notify us. I'm not sure if they use Twitter (most likely they do), but we have to play it by ear. I'm not on Twitter, so I'm out the loop. As I said, just play the waiting game.

• JustJaune

#33705923 - 1 week ago

In reply to Supergirl-Gamer-16 Casey is on twitter, but Jeff is not.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33705942 - 1 week ago

In reply to JustJaune

There’s so much talk about Rwby and the crazy theories going on dur8ngnthis fresh hiatus, I’m honestly not even dying from waiting this year. Which is saying something.  I don’t think I’ll be checking around until the next couple months, or just... when we get a release date. Like, I’d check around a few days before hand or something. 

I’m excited though, to get the full released songs. It’s gonna be awesome. 

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33706615 - 5 days ago

Well to be fair we’re only in February still so getting any info is still a little early, next Month definitely expect something . 

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33706736 - 5 days ago

Can Anyone assume when we should be getting the samples for the songs cuz i totally forgot them till now which got me too excited 

• Gorlin Goltz

Gorlin Goltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gorlin

#33706841 - 4 days ago

In reply to rwbyrobinson

I would assume they'd come roughly about a week, at the earliest, before the actual album is released. 

We could also just get them a couple days before the release, too. 

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33707032 - 4 days ago

See I can’t remember back last year for volume 4’s soundtrack, how long we got it compared to its final release. 

• Gorlin Goltz

#33707137 - 4 days ago

In reply to rwbyrobinson

It took a few months. Best just to wait and 'follow' this thread till someone gets solid news about it. 

• sttbr

sttbr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33707220 - 3 days ago

the volume 4 remixes weren't very good you're right and omg that would make dreams come true if we got two accoustics. by the way how do i "reply" to someone

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan

#33707236 - 3 days ago

In reply to sttbr On the website version there's a reply button under someone's message. Not sure about the mobile version though. Also, I disagree with you about the volume 4 remixes. I liked the remix of Sacrifice quite a bit. The I May Fall remix wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't terrible.

Join The Video Beta X