Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5 Soundtrack Discussion

Posts (760)

• Supergirl-Gamer-16

Supergirl-Gamer-16

#33711540 - 3 months ago

In reply to Teej_The_Meej You know, I just wait till people put the tracks on YouTube. I get them for 0 charge, but I guess you like to play the in your car or something like that ^.^'

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33711546 - 3 months ago

I mean it shouldn’t be that much, I’m just gonna get $25 iTunes card, the songs are $1.29 each and there’s gonna be like 8 songs

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33711573 - 3 months ago

In reply to rwbyrobinson Really? They're always $.99 on Google Play. They're also $.99 on the iTunes store, too.

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan

#33711583 - 3 months ago

In reply to Supergirl-Gamer-16 I mean, even then it's still a waste since you can just download them from youtube and put them on your phone / disk so you can still play them in the car. I buy them early so that I can get the songs early.

• RadiationZack10

RadiationZack10

#33711765 - 3 months ago

In reply to tehepicdan it’s not a waste since your supporting the artist and not being a cheap scumbag 

• Teej_The_Meej

Teej_The_Meej

#33711786 - 3 months ago

In reply to RadiationZack10 Hey, no need to act all rude about this. If they want to get songs that way, let them get songs that way. No need to insult them.

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33711808 - 3 months ago

im gonna gladly purchase the songs from iTunes :) I support Casey 100% with a beautiful voice like hers.

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33711824 - 3 months ago

In reply to RadiationZack10 Although I am against downloading from YouTube, I understand why people would do it. For me, it was because I wanted the songs, but didn't want to use data to listen to them. So, I downloaded them from YouTube until I had the money to pay for them.

The only YouTube downloaded songs I have are: I Burn (uncensored), Red Like Roses part 2 (with full intro), Bad Luck Charm (with full intro), Smile clip, and The Triumph clip. As soon as v5 drops, Smile and The Triumph will be replaced with their purchased and full versions.

• JustJaune

#33711832 - 3 months ago

Side note, after seeing a video, I'm convinced that Armed & Ready is a Yang AND a Ren song.

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan

#33711878 - 3 months ago

In reply to RadiationZack10 I hate to make a big fuss about this, but is downloading the songs from YouTube so bad? What makes me a scumbag for not being able to afford the songs when I still want to listen to them? (For the record, I DID actually buy the songs from iTunes)

Let me propose a question. Why haven't RoosterTeeth or Jeff Williams issued a copyright strike on all the videos containing their music on youtube? It's because videos using Jeff's music gain publicity for him. Sure, people can buy the soundtrack but they aren't obliged to, and they aren't bad people for not doing so. 

That'd be as absurd as saying people who watch RWBY on youtube are terrible people for not buying a RT membership and watching RWBY on the RT website, or even saying that people are terrible for watching RWBY on the RT website instead of buying the whole season on disk. 

Regardless, I still stand on what I said earlier. Spending money on the soundtrack is a terrible idea if you only want to acquire the songs, as you could easily do that via YouTube. The advantage of buying the soundtrack from iTunes or Google Play is that you get an actual 'copy' of the soundtrack. Also, the quality of music on YouTube is actually lower than what it would be if you bought the soundtrack due to YouTube's compression algorithms reducing the quality a bit, but still, you can't judge people for wanting to support Jeff/Casey by listening to their music, even IF they can't afford to buy it.

• JustJaune

#33711930 - 3 months ago

In reply to tehepicdan First all of: this guy has it.

Second of all: my reasoning for buying the songs and only the songs (sometimes the actual soundtrack if I enjoy it enough) is because I want the album art to go along with it. And I also want to support the people behind it. Kinda shallow, but still understandable. When volume 3 first dropped, I didn't have the money for the songs, so I downloaded them off of YouTube and waited until I had the money to buy them. Then I deleted the downloaded songs.

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33712158 - 3 months ago

I’ll come back to this discussion next month. Hopefully i come back to an update 

• Teej_The_Meej

Teej_The_Meej

#33712183 - 3 months ago

In reply to rwbyrobinson Why next month?

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33712450 - 3 months ago

In reply to Teej_The_Meej well judging from the way you guys are making logical reasons for it not coming out this Month, we should expect some form of news next month for sure, with the most likely release date being late April or May 1st. Really no point being on here till then 

• Bladenbullet1499

Bladenbullet1499

#33712710 - 3 months ago

sargeIn reply to rwbyrobinsonwhy is that an accurate statement?

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33712732 - 3 months ago

In reply to Bladenbullet1499 squeeze me?

• BranReid

BranReid

#33712766 - 3 months ago

In reply to JustJaune Depends what currency you're using

• DirectorHaruhi

DirectorHaruhi

#33712777 - 3 months ago

If you download the songs from YouTube, you're listening to much lower quality versions.

• Teej_The_Meej

Teej_The_Meej

#33712810 - 3 months ago

In reply to DirectorHaruhi When Armed and Ready (awesome song, btw. 2nd best of the series) was first released, wasn't the audio on one side only?

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan

#33712843 - 3 months ago

In reply to Teej_The_Meej Well it was put onto the end credits of volume 4, but there was a problem with the audio that made one side of the audio sound louder than the other, but I know someone on youtube made a fix of sorts. They seem to have avoided that problem This Time (get it?) so the audio sounds correct. When the song was properly released on the volume 4 album, new videos were released with the proper audio, but DirectorHaruhi is right is saying youtube has a lower quality, because when youtubes compile lyric videos, the audio will suffer in quality by a tiny amount as it's rendering, and then youtube unleashes it's compression algorithm on it, so the quality decreases a bit more. The iTunes versions are usually much higher quality than on youtube as a result.

• Teej_The_Meej

Teej_The_Meej

#33712880 - 3 months ago

In reply to tehepicdan Ah, I see. Never knew that. The more you know.

• Alex

Alex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keep Moving Forward

#33712887 - 3 months ago

I'm honestly surprised it takes this long. I mean, for what reason to hold-off on releasing the soundtrack? There's not really any technical reasons for it, so I'm guessing it's either some sort of licensing/legal thing, or just because of marketing reasons.

Don't pirate things off YouTube folks. I mean, moral arguments aside, through YouTube you're only getting 128kbps AAC/Opus re-encodes of the original source material, at best.

If you really like the soundtrack, go for the original M4A/MP3s provided from official channels.

• JustJaune

#33712892 - 3 months ago

In reply to Alex It takes a while for them to record the songs and have them professionally mixed, not to forget that Casey is also in college and can only do so much when she's on break. This may be a work, but academics come first.

• Teej_The_Meej

Teej_The_Meej

#33712896 - 3 months ago

In reply to JustJaune That, and Rooster Teeth is awfully busy with a crapload of things, and the Soundtrack release is not at the top of their list of priorities at the moment.

• Alex

Alex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keep Moving Forward

#33712899 - 3 months ago

I would think that they're already recorded and mixed because they appeared in the show.

The only technical thing I could see it being is that they're working on, or waiting on remixes, which they've included a few of in every soundtrack release.

But the original soundtrack and score should all be there and ready, considering it all appeared in the show already. I'm not sure what else one would with them before releasing them.

I think it's more likely that they're just busy and it's not in their priorities. Or like I said, other reasons relating to licensing and so forth.