Forums > RWBY

Semblances

Posts (25)

• jlatts

jlatts FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Grand Admiral McAwesome

#33637252 - 2 months ago

I've been thinking about what my semblance would be. I think that I would be able to heal the injuries or illnesses of others, but doing so causes agonising pain to myself.

Thoughts? Ideas about your own semblance?

• KarlsNotGreat

KarlsNotGreat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold snoochie boochies

#33637261 - 2 months ago

I've always had this idea of using shadows/darkness to manoeuvre the environment.  If you've ever seen splatoon gameplay it would be similar to when they dive in inc but a bit creepier.  In complete darkness I would almost be like Nightcrawler from X-Men.

• jlatts

jlatts FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Grand Admiral McAwesome

#33637288 - 2 months ago

In reply to KarlsNotGreat Oooh! The ultimate ninja! The Grimm would never see you coming!

• KarlsNotGreat

KarlsNotGreat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold snoochie boochies

#33637364 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts I'd be seriously screwed if they had a flashlight though, My dumb ass would be stuck in the floor 

• jlatts

#33637649 - 2 months ago

In reply to KarlsNotGreat What if your darkness manoueverability also came with powers similar to that of the  Deluiminator, like in Harry Potter?

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33637655 - 2 months ago

I have the idea of a character who has some control over gravity, allowing her to nullify her weight and walk on walls, the ceiling, and even float in midair. The more she defies gravity, the less time she can do it, you know, so it has a limit.

That is something I'd like to do.

• KarlsNotGreat

#33637797 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts Mind fucking blown lad

• KarlsNotGreat

#33637798 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts  for some reason the second part of my message didn't send. what if instead of just getting rid of someone's illness/injury and it causing pain to you,  the reason you're in pain is actually because you're absorbing it and then you could unleash it in battle.

• KarlsNotGreat

#33637802 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR We're quickly building a badass team

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33637867 - 2 months ago

In reply to KarlsNotGreat

Something like Yang, you mean? I was thinking more like Micaiah from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn: she can heal allies and absorb the damage herself, although she doesn't use that damage. 

• KarlsNotGreat

#33637951 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR  Yeah what i was thinking was similar to yangs but instead of absorbing damage that has been taken directly its taken by healing others.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33637953 - 2 months ago

In reply to KarlsNotGreat

Oh, I see. It is an interesting concept. Flesh it out a bit, and you'll have quite something in hands  simple_smile

• jlatts

#33639079 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR It could possibly be a mix of Yang's, plus I could store and unleash a particular type of damage (burn, sickness)

In reply to KarlsNotGreat That is pretty badass. Helpful to friends and terrifying to enemies. It's like a super Paladin power

• jlatts

#33639080 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR Could you reverse it and amplify your weight? Like, as you're leaping down towards a group of enemies, you increase your mass in order to create a massive impact.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33639282 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts

In reply to FettucCR Could you reverse it and amplify your weight? Like, as your leaping down towards a group of enemies, you increase your mass in order to create a massive impact.

Yes, she could do that. Makes her harder to grab and retain, or allow her to hit harder. Honestly I hadn't thought of that, but I like the idea.

In reply to jlatts

In reply to FettucCR It could possibly be a mix of Yang's, plus I could store and unleash a particular type of damage (burn, sickness)

Oooh, directed damage... I like that.

• jlatts

#33639408 - 2 months ago

Okay, we just one need one more member and we'd be like the X-Men of Remnant

• jlatts

#33639410 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

In reply to jlatts

In reply to FettucCR Could you reverse it and amplify your weight? Like, as your leaping down towards a group of enemies, you increase your mass in order to create a massive impact.

Yes, she could do that. Makes her harder to grab and retain, or allow her to hit harder. Honestly I hadn't thought of that, but I like the idea.
    In reply to jlatts

Oooh, directed damage... I like that.

Ultimate surprise attack: She floats on the roof, then when they are below her, she drops down super hard. Those that are able to get back up and fight can't get any damage in.

Yeah, although I think it would only directed at one enemy per use. Just to stop it from being too OP

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33639626 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts

Also, the more she manipulates gravitational pull, the less time she's able to do so. Her power isn't infinite. That's how I think it can be limited. 

• jlatts

#33639876 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR Soooo no black holes? Or just really, really, really tiny ones?

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33639879 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts

No. The manipulation doesn't take form as black holes or something like that. Instead, it works directly over her body, or others who she is directly touching. 

• jlatts

#33639951 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR Ah, I getcha. Manipulating her own gravitational force or that of others.

Creating black holes would be a bit OP anyway :P

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33640329 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts

In my imagination, she uses knives. And I was thinking she used some sort of "gravitational slingshot", to boos them and be effective at long range. Whaddya think?

• jlatts

#33640539 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

In reply to jlatts

In my imagination, she uses knives. And I was thinking she used some sort of "gravitational slingshot", to boos them and be effective at long range. Whaddya think?

Gravitiational knife-crossbow sniper. I like it!

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33640578 - 2 months ago

In reply to jlatts

I'm working on it. If I ever finish the design, I'll post it here.

• jlatts

#33645656 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

That'd be awesome to see :D