Forums > RWBY

Roman Torchwick is Back - I'm Calling It

Posts (6)

• ValentineHeart

ValentineHeart FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33663999 - 2 weeks ago

Hey guys. Let's discuss.
    Roman Torchwick, does he have a semblance? I think so. I think he has good luck as a semblance.
    Consider how he just rolled out of that mecha completely unhurt, dusted his jacket, and got away.
    Consider how the only time he got caught, he wanted to be caught.
    Consider how he was just pushing buttons on an airship, with no clue what they did, and managed to deploy an army of robots, and destroy an enemy ship... AND INITIATE THE SELF DESTRUCT!

But then he got eaten by a Grimm. Roman Torchwick's luck finally ran out.
    Or Did It? Ruby saw him "Die", but is he really dead? Considering his luck so far, I doubt it.

Consider that he was swallowed whole, not torn, not clawed, not chewed, just simply swallowed whole, left perfectly intact inside the gullet of the beast that Ruby kicked into an exploding airship.

Wouldn't it just be the perfect luck of a scoundrel if the Grimm shielded Roman Torchwick from the explosion, as the explosion destroyed the Grimm? Now he can disappear into the underworld, job done, a witness to his supposed death, and no one motivated to ask questions.

What better opportunity to scurry away back into the clubs and back alleys where he's always wanted to be, finally out from under the thumb of Cinder?

So I'm calling it, he's alive, and he'll probably be in Season 5.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33664004 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ValentineHeart

Uhm q and A just said he doesnt have one.

He wasnt even in the ask and they brought him up themselves as an example of people who never figure out their semblance.

Soooooo

• ValentineHeart

ValentineHeart FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33664009 - 2 weeks ago

Never figuring out a semblance isn't the same as not having one, Qrow could have gone through his entire life thinking he was unlucky. I think Roman's is the opposite of Qrow's, good luck, unnatural good luck.

The sort of good luck that deploys an army of robots without even realizing it. Maybe even making the people fighting him lucky, unlucky for him, but his own good luck always seems to kick in to keep him alive.

• ValentineHeart

#33664011 - 2 weeks ago

Either that or it's just bad writing that he managed to roll out of a mecha Yang demolished unharmed, then miraculously destroy an enemy ship and release an army of robots while having no clue what any of the buttons did and pressing them at random.

But I'd like to think he's got crazy luck instead.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33664016 - 2 weeks ago

Or he knew what he was doing and was just playing it up Roman in case you missed it likes playing it up.

As for the Mech Aura is a thing you know.

• cupercyrus2

cupercyrus2 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold CuperCyrus2

#33666317 - 1 week ago

You have made some good points I have not thought of. Based on your premise that Torchwick semblance involves good luck then I do admit the possibility he may have survived (and maybe reunite with Neo.) Still, from a writing standpoint, I feel it is unlikely he is alive as I got the impression he was the first bad guy eliminated so as to make room for the next. Also, if he was to live, it would really make Pyrrha's death even more unfair. Possible? Yes. Probable? No.