Forums > RWBY

No Yang character short?

Posts (10)

• Oldster

Oldster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33664036 - 2 months ago

Today they announced all the upcoming RWBY events and dates / times, yet NO MENTION of the Yang character short. Have they changed their minds and decided not to give us one?

• Lybell

Lybell FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33664083 - 2 months ago

I've been curious about this for the last few weeks myself. Like I'm totally fine if they can't do it, maybe it ended up being too much of a strain and they had to cut it for the sake of the season proper,  something like that. Stuff happens. What's most bothersome is the silence. At first I thought maybe I had gotten confused on how many shorts there were gonna be but upon drumming up the original announcement I then wondered if I had missed an update. In the end, I got nothing wrong, and I missed nothing, there's just been no word which is just... odd. If they're considering the third short the "volume 5 trailer" then... ok but why retitle it? I'll get over it I just... don't understand and I hate it when I don't understand.

• Oldster

Oldster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33664093 - 2 months ago

In reply to Lybell Agreed 100%, I couldn't have said it better.

• 09philj

09philj

#33664108 - 2 months ago

It'll come out at some point before next Saturday. This Monday, if I had to guess a date.

• Oldster

#33664136 - 2 months ago

In reply to 09philj I hope so, I still have faith that we will see it, but if not, that's ok because we are getting the trailer on Monday.

• ErinnPG

ErinnPG

#33665118 - 2 months ago

Any updates on this? The trailer came out today and looked like it might have clips from the Yang short, but I'm still not seeing the yang short itself.

• catcoolcat

catcoolcat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665148 - 2 months ago

The Yang short was shown at the NYCC this past weekend, so it's ready. They're probably going to release it before Volume 5 premieres on Saturday. And with the theater showings of the first chapter on Thursday, it might even be before then.

• Lybell

Lybell FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665295 - 2 months ago

Peculiar that it wasn't on the full release list of upcoming stuff

• Oldster

#33665582 - 2 months ago

In reply to Lybell Nope, absolutely no mention on the release list.

• donutnut1

donutnut1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665638 - 2 months ago

It's listed as coming out same day as volume 5 starts for anyone that hasn't seen the image yet, was on their Twitter yesterday