Forums > RWBY

Make Neo British

Posts (16)

• Xhoi

Xhoi

#33691062 - 11 months ago

I had this random idea of Neo having a British accent and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since. Am I the only one who thinks it would suit her? What if Ellie became her voice actress? 

Bear in mind that this is if she gets a voice. Honestly, I'd prefer her silent for the rest of the show, but the idea of a British Neo is becoming quite appealing too...

• arklaynorth

arklaynorth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Killer of Waifus

#33691066 - 11 months ago

Well, like many — I'd prefer she remain silent.  That's part of her charm.  That being said, if she were to get a voice, Ellie wouldn't be a bad choice.

• Feywald

Feywald FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33691086 - 11 months ago

In reply to Xhoi

Are you imagining her as an evil Mary Poppins?

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral

#33691090 - 11 months ago

In reply to Feywald

"For a spoonful of Cyanide helps the medicine go down...."

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33691154 - 11 months ago

Neo is adorable. I feel like a british voice would add sexiness and I like adorable Neo more.

• Xhoi

Xhoi

#33691212 - 11 months ago

In reply to SirSailorStar

She'll never not be adorable though, unless something most of us wouldn't appreciate were to happen. Also it depends on the tone they give her. I don't think a Cinder-y tone would suit her (F U CINDER BTW) but you can get many other ones that don't sound what is generally considered sexy at all (eg. Ilia - just an example). Just like in American English, there are many different voices someone can use in British English too. I guess it's down to personal preference and interpretation though...

• Xhoi

Xhoi

#33691215 - 11 months ago

In reply to Feywald

Actually I haven't watched Mary Poppins yet. It's on my list but I've never sat down to do so. But with what limited knowledge I have about her and the movie, that sounds fun XD

• Feywald

Feywald FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33691273 - 11 months ago

In reply to Xhoi

As a brit i know their are many british accents that would be horrible for her to have. Actual cockney and scouse being the worst. After mentioning Mary Poppins i remembered Guardians of the galaxy 2... not sure which Mary Poppins i would want her too be like :) 

• Xhoi

Xhoi

#33691355 - 11 months ago

In reply to Feywald

Lol imagine Neo going full Brummie on Salem XD

"Y'alright bab? Good. Not for long though, I know what you did to Roman. I'LL MAKE YOU MY FISH AND CHIPS"

Harry Potter also offers a few other examples. Like, Hermione's feels light and then you have dear Snape.

• Feywald

#33691364 - 11 months ago

A really bad accent might explain why she dose not speak much. I liked the idea of her being a mute character, but the idea of her just having a bad accent and trying to hide it is rather funny.

• Xhoi

Xhoi

#33691565 - 11 months ago

In reply to Feywald

Oh wow. Never thought of it like that XD 

The plot twist though... that would be amazing. Imagine if it's next one in their plot twist agenda.

*cue distant screams of horror from smol cute Neo's fanbois and girls*

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33691917 - 11 months ago

In reply to Xhoi

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You mean one like that or worse?

• Feywald

#33692092 - 11 months ago

In reply to dustmagick

More likely she is the one on the other end of the grimm jellyfish last volume. The one looking for the fall maiden vault at beacon. 

• Feywald

#33692371 - 11 months ago

In reply to dustmagick

We see her use the umbrella/parasol to slow her fall when Roman looks over the edge. So the question was not if the fall killed her but if one of the many flying grimm decided to go for a mid air snack while she she was failing. 

That said i don't think their is a plan to bring Neo back into the series at this point.

• Xhoi

Xhoi

#33692483 - 11 months ago

In reply to SirSailorStar

Music to my ears... they should hire you for the soundtrack

• Xhoi

Xhoi

#33692486 - 11 months ago

In reply to Feywald

The Grimm wouldn't be attracted to her if she was to stay calm (negative emotions and all that), but we never know, the girl may be scared of heights (unlikely)...

Also, she could use her semblence (on the wiki it says it's illusion but idk how official that is) and she could make it appear as if she isn't there at all to evade the Grimm until she lands. Aura taking the hit quite a good point, but with her size and weight, taking into account the durability of her umbrella (Seriously, where do you find an umbrella that strong? Can i have one?) she might've Mary Poppinsed it