Forums > RWBY

The Group fights needs to stop

Posts (11)

• anzure

anzure

#33692179 - 5 months ago

The group fighting is killing the fighting scenes so hard, like it happen in chapter 11. DO NOT get me wrong, story wise the series are good but the good chunck that RWBY is remembered for is the fighting. But having like 10 important characters in the same episode and scene killed chapter 11. There havent been many good 1v1s lately in the series the last one was Tyrion v Qrow (mostly) but the last official 1v1 was since volume 3 Cinder v Phyrra. The cuts in the middle of each fight in chapter 11 killed the importance of what was happening and did not let the audience focus on one fight, there was a lot happening around that killed the important feelings that the characters tried to convey or had against  each other.

I miss the fights that we had before like the Qrow v Winter, Yang v mercury, even the Ozpin v Cinder was good (even though it was short). Chapter 11 ended with weiss being skewered by spear, making people fill hungry to buy some real hot pipping skewers in real life. Other than that chapter 11 was the worst of this season FIGHTING wise.

• anzure

anzure

#33695876 - 5 months ago

Ok...... no it's actually NOT. That doesn't even compare with the many important characters that they had to highlight  in the same chapter. NOR the fact those were 2 separete 1v4 and they were split properly, aka death stalker dying FIRST and the they went over the the 1v4 against the nevermore. So your point doesn't make any sense, because if you watched chapter 11 properly was cut after cut after cut, and the transition was really bad between the fighting scenes in the same scene. 

In the END the most highlighted fight all this volume was Raven v Cinder rather than the crap we received on chapter 11. Does not look good nor appealing to the eyes, I mean they could have used the infrastructure of the school to highlight the fights properly, that is why in volume splitting the train fights in 3 different scenes was really good in volume 2.

P.S: King scorpion...... pffft, if you remember that fight at least u will remember that the name of that grimm is Death Stalker rather than king scorpion.

• bigtipper

bigtipper FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33695881 - 5 months ago

The best fight scene was Pyrrha vs Team CRDN

• anzure

anzure

#33695930 - 5 months ago

you guys keep mentioning one v fours and specially the ones where Monty was still alive. Instead of noticing that crappy 8v8 in the same scene was really bad.

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33695936 - 5 months ago

Maybe you should stick to DBZ if you just want fights in every episode.  While I love the fights and have found them lackluster this season I am loving the deeper story and plot more.  

• anzure

anzure

#33696102 - 5 months ago

DBZ is a good childhood memory, but no more than that. I mean the story development was good but nobody here actually thinks that episode 11 was really bad, more than bad disgusting. i am actually surprised. I know what u mean when u say the story is good, but dude you gotta take in consideration that besides dropping hard in this volume vol 4 also dropped it so hard, only 2 remarkable fights in these 2 last volumes. There was story development and also good fights at the same time.

• anzure

anzure

#33697366 - 5 months ago

Actually game developer (3D model creator) plus I hate reading, but nice guess I think. In the end you avoided the point, just admit that 11 was really trashy, instead of trying to defend something that has no hope to defend.

P.S: Eng is not my main is Spanish so at least i can write decently enough to get across what i wanna say rather than avoiding the topic, and say: dude u wrote this wrong.

P.S 2: U are pretty much bad at debates also, nice curve u threw there dood with the language topic!

• anzure

anzure

#33697565 - 5 months ago

Ok my bad, fixing my grammar mistakes, is almost the same as relating to the fact that Im not good at English. In the other hand you keep avoiding the topic saying that Im picking a fight that you actually started with that small comment,, but no i am not actually pick a fight with you. So if you assume that be happy with yourself cuz I dont feel like Im doing it.

I do not need to spend any more of my time on somebody that goes off track and have yet to prove me wrong on the fact that chapter 11 of vol 5 is really bad. So next time i wont waste my time answering you, cuz you don't bring anything to the table about this topic.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33697599 - 5 months ago

These P.S.es come off as really sleazy ad hom potshots. As for the main point, what about Volume 3 with the 4 on 4 round?

In reply to anzure

Actually game developer (3D model creator) plus I hate reading, but nice guess I think. In the end you avoided the point, just admit that 11 was really trashy, instead of trying to defend something that has no hope to defend.

P.S: Eng is not my main is Spanish so at least i can write decently enough to get across what i wanna say rather than avoiding the topic, and say: dude u wrote this wrong.

P.S 2: U are pretty much bad at debates also, nice curve u threw there dood with the language topic!

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33697656 - 5 months ago

In reply to dustmagick

You pointed out a set of fights from when Monty was still around and helping animate the fights. You really don't get why thats not a good example?

• anzure

anzure

#33698558 - 4 months ago

In reply to GammaEmerald

These P.S.es come off as really sleazy ad hom potshots. As for the main point, what about Volume 3 with the 4 on 4 round?
    In reply to anzure

They were not that great, but they were decent, if you ask somebody which were the most hyped fights in volume 3. Phyrra v Cinder, Qrow v Winter, Yang v Mercury. They will tell u all the 1 v 1 were the most hype ones, compared to the 4 v 4 that were decent enough. 

In reply to dustmagick

In reply to anzure

That's funny. Because I entered the topic giving my opinion on a fight scene in contrast and all you did was push it aside and act condescending. Get over yourself. 

Dood i don't know how to explain it to you. That fight had 4 important character against 1 type boss of character which made the scene look good, because they were focusing in their interactions against 1 enemy. Compared to the one I was talking about where u have 15 important characters that u wanna highlight in same scene cutting each other time on the camera.

When i said u are not bringing nothing new to the topic is that you are not talking about the damn thing Im talking about, you just said "Oh wait this one group fight was good by that time." Heck i dont' even consider that a real group fight cuz 2 groups were not involved that was a 1 v 4.