Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD (The waiting game begins

Posts (1108)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33704534 - 3 months ago

Multi posting the AMA 

New Site is being Launched will have lots of new info and turn arounds.

Qrow's weapon doesnt have a name but they like the fan nickname of Harbinger and accepted it as its name.

Mercury's reasons for fighting with Cinder is not simple and something they plan to explore pretty soon

Writing for Vol 6 Multiple whiteboards. What they need to do, what they want to do, improve/fans asking for, what went over well for vol 5.

Things they thought went over well Spring reveal, ilia's story, Cinder vs Raven Fight.

Things they need to improve on. More Fights with Character weapons and abilities, more attention and meaningful conflict for Ruby, and show dont tell.

They are happy with how Vol 5 looked but they are always looking to improve and refine their skills.

Vol 6 going forward more Show not tell is the big thought going forward.

jaune is on the younger end of his family and we will see soon enough.

I am going to just copy in Miles and Kerry's response here to Jaune self-insert

I'm gonna answer this for Miles actually.

In the first few Volumes, if Jaune was in a scene it was almost always because either Monty or myself wanted him in a scene. From the very beginning, Monty was very big on having that archetype of character be fairly prominent in the show. Miles has always been incredibly hesitant to insert Jaune into scenes, to the point where he's voiced before that he wishes sometimes that he didn't voice him. So, if people want to be mad at someone for Jaune being in scenes, take it out on Monty and I :P

-Kerry

Oh, thanks bud! Haha.

Yeahhh, more or less what Kerry said. I won't lie and say that I didn't have fun getting to do lines in the booth. It's always a pleasure to get to do more acting, especially if it's a character that gets to do more dramatic scenes. But yeah, the accusations that Jaune was a "self-insert" really started to get to me over the years, to the point where I began actively avoiding writing scenes that had him in it.

Now if I was voicing someone like Torchwick or Watts. Bro. Fuckin' rename the show "Teenagers Get their Butts Kicked by Awesome Badguys: The Roman Torchwick Hour of Villainy - Starring, Written, and Directed by Miles 'Loves Playing Villains' Luna"

-Miles

When asked about swearing Miles responded negatively

Time skips were treated as watch and find out.

Qrow is NOT Ruby's father and they get asked this a LOT she just looks up to him and mimics him.

Kerry's favorite scene to write was Weiss and yang talking in Ep 8

Kerry also said there is in fact Cutscenes but they werent cut per say more pushed and its not something they can talk about but is about a cut character sub plot.

For Miles Ilia and Blake in the alley was his favorite and Jaune flipping out at Cinder.

Vernal is not her name and its one she assumed when she became the Spring Face. She doesnt have a surname

Evernight is the in joke reference to Salem's lair as its always at night but isnt the official name.

They wont talk about vol 6's theme but we will know it.

Each Oz incarnation has its own name

People dont focus on getting more Aura just working on using what they have better but he thinks its possible.

The belladonnas figured out Sienna was dead once it was clear Adam was in charge.

On a question of Passive semblances Kerry said Qrow's isnt always running but does have spikes which are random. He can amplify it during fights which that does use Aura.

Maiden's there is no too young to be a Maiden but roughly around 30 is the cut off point. And that is for BECOMING a Maiden just to be clear since some are confused on that point.

Everything has become too complicated Monty liked to add things for Rule of Cool factor Miles and Kerry's job was to figure out how it fit in the world. And its become really hard to manage now because they were so ambitious.

Ilia is a Lesbian

Winter is 5 to 6 years older than Weiss roughly.

Pilot was suppose to be gay but because of his attitude and death they cut that line off.

Miles says and I quote Qrow is so, totally the Scarecrow that sounds sacrastic to me but take it as you will.

Monty created Raven's weapon and it can be loaded with different Dust blades as she needs for missions.

RWBY does have an end they are flexible about how long it gets there and some plot points but there is an end. But they are willing to explore other areas and timelines if people are still willing to watch.

A lot of its been planned from the start. Vol 3 end Nora and ren's backstory but they are also flexible as new ideas come to them.

Winter was never going to be in Vol 5 as the Short for Weiss was a hint

Miles says their biggest goal is to tell stories people enjoy put more positivity in the world and bring people together.

Kerry was 100% on baord for RWBY from the start and thinks the whole office was as well he says the Red trailer was his favorite thing they made.

There isnt an encyclopedia  but Miles thinks that would be great.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33704554 - 3 months ago

DC Comics Mentors for RWBY and JNR

Jaune- Batman

Ren- Nightwing

Nora- Supergirl

Ruby- Black Canary

Weiss- Zatanna

Blake- Catwoman

Yang- Wonder Woman

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33704923 - 3 months ago

Here's a question I've been asking since Volume 1.

If Jaune wanted to be a Huntsmen so badly, why didn't he go to combat school and learn ti fight like everyone else? That way he wouldn't have had to use fake transcripts to get into Beacon.

I think it's high time we got an answer to that

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33704924 - 3 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Probably either lack of accessibility or the fact that by the time he realized he wanted to be a huntsman it was too late for him to enroll. At that point, his only option would've been to get a private tutor which could have been too much for his family to afford.  

Those theories aside, I too would like to see what the official reason was. Considering that we're supposedly going to hear more about his family at some point, we may get an answer.

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705039 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

In reply to Dinobot01

I think we're gonna get backstory on him soon enough

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Teller of Tales and Bard

#33705058 - 3 months ago

Honestly, my theory is that Jaune's family didn't want him to be a huntsman. He's the baby brother (to some degree) so the idea that he would be out there risking his life was something that his sisters and his parents would mentally reject for... perhaaaaps a bit longer then they should. Especially since he is apparently heir to a Huntsman legacy, Crocea Mors being an heirloom and all.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33705066 - 3 months ago

Personally the thing I am hoping for with his family reveal is the whole Jaune is still lying about his family thing some present.

I have seen people insist that Jaune is still lying about his family he stole crocea Mors and so on.

Since I am extremely positive Jaune isnt like that I cant wait to see his family so they can FINALLY put to bed all the ideas like that.

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705127 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

what do you think of the possibility that the character story they pushed was about Jaune?

• revanninja

#33705143 - 3 months ago

In reply to mattcjx

I think its likely.

There is one thing MANY fans wanted to see that hasnt happened Jaune meeting up with Pyrrha's family. They are in Mistral from what we understand so it stands to reason jaune would go see them and try to tell them about Pyrrha.

That would be a deeply personal and highly Jaune focused thing as regardless of what people say Jaune and Pyrrha were the closest to each other. So it doesnt make any sense for anyone besides Jaune.

That said I think they are planning on bringing Pyrrha back so I think it got pushed because they wanted things set in 5 but not linked to Pyrrha IE Raven's seeing people come back from the dead line, Jaune's feelings of Guilt and remorse to the point he doesnt care about himself and so on.

I think they want this as delinked to Pyrrha as possible to preserve the twist as they were happy about the Spring twist but upset over the Penny one being found out.

So I think they are doing a bit of a shell game to create ideas but not link them all together until it happens so it catches people by surprise.

So i think they pushed it to keep it delinked and because they had a full plate already.

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33705158 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

yeah if they added any of those n V5 it'd be an even bigger rush through so am thankful it didn't come out in V5

• DekZek

DekZek

#33705165 - 3 months ago

A question that I had that I can’t seem to find a satisfactory answer to:

I don’t think Raven's Semblance is as simple as she says it is. From what she says, she can create portals to people she has a close bond with. She is shown to have this ability with three people (Ruby, Tai, Vernal), but the only one that really makes sense with that logic is Vernal.

Raven is Yang's mom, not Ruby, and she left Tai and Yang soon after Yang was born. She probably wasn’t a significant person at all in Ruby's life, so I doubt Ruby would be close enough to Raven for a portal to exist.

As for Tai, she left him, so that a portal still exists would imply that he still has strong feelings for her, which doesn’t make sense considering he proceeded afterwards to have Ruby with Summer.

My theory is that Raven only needs a strong connection to the other person, and it doesn’t necessarily need to be positive. If that's the case, Tai's portal makes perfect sense. He probably holds some sort of grudge against Raven for leaving, which she will need to repair. And as for Ruby, I think the portal might actually be for Qrow, and that she lied. Qrow hates Raven for leaving's Ozpin's group. When Raven made the portal to “Ruby”, she knew that Ruby was with Qrow.

This seems to make sense to me, but am I missing anything?

• notvai4

notvai4

#33705197 - 3 months ago

It's people she has bonded with, not people she has a bond with. It's (assumedly) something permanent, not based on the target's current feelings. Only thing that probably stops her from being able to open a portal to someone is them dying.

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33705208 - 3 months ago

In reply to DekZek

Its not Ruby, its Tai, Qrow, Yang (confirmed by Yang) and I guess Vernal. I think what could be possible too is that she just needs the connection when she creates the bond, but it will stay permanently after

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33705281 - 3 months ago

7a9.png

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33705308 - 3 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 oh my

• DekZek

DekZek

#33705366 - 3 months ago

In reply to mattcjx

In reply to notvai4

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the explanation.

• mabr

mabr

#33705699 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja what penny twist if you don't mind sharing?

• revanninja

#33705703 - 3 months ago

In reply to mabr

I am sorry what?

I didn't speak of penny

From my phone 

• revanninja

#33705704 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Whoops the fact she was a robot

My bad

From my phone 

• mabr

mabr

#33705726 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

thank you for clarifying 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33705731 - 3 months ago

Check this out. Watchmojo.com just made a video called "Top 10 Cartoons For Anime Lovers" and RWBY was ranked #2!! How awesome is that?!  You can see this on the website or Youtube.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33705788 - 3 months ago

Throwing  this out there; we are gonna get more info on Penny’s builder/father, and maybe see if he’s been trying to fix her, like the original Pinocchio story. 

In reply to Dinobot01

That’s awesome, man! Heck yes! 

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705947 - 3 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Could also come up with something like RWBY-NRJ (Ruby-energy). Just a thought...

PSTR0166_RWBY_Vol._4_RWBY_RNJR_Poster_10

The Seven Guardians of Remnant.  Yang-The Brawler, Blake-The Assassin, Weiss-The Songstress, Ruby-The Huntress, Nora-The Berserker, Jaune-The Knight (Paladin), Ren-The Ninja

These seven warriors will become the greatest heroes in the history of Remnant.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33705959 - 3 months ago

In reply to cbwriter 

I mean, I’ve seen this poster for a year now, but... did anyone notice how they only focus on eye color and their aura color as a background for each character...? Pretty sure there’s a reason for that.

*just sayin’

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33706009 - 3 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I think they made a list about Anime-inspired shows and RWBY was at the top