Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6567)

• RedStrikeBunny

RedStrikeBunny FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706072 - 1 year ago

Oscar's semblance Ideas:

1. Creating small planets or pieces of Earth to be used as attacks

2. King Crimson

3. Plant Growth

4. Nature+ Machine power gain

5. Solar Flare 

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33706105 - 1 year ago

In reply to KamenRiderOz-Gear

Well hello person I haven’t seen around before. :D 

Those are epic names. Do you have... any descriptive actions on what some of those other ones could do? I’m like, Uber curious where you got these ideas.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33706224 - 11 months ago

I really think it would be cool to see if there's anyone else in RWBY who's tried to find magic alternatives to resurrection.

And before this turns into an utter calamity, yes, I have come to the realization that RWBY is Science Fantasy, not Science Fiction, and that my idea was crap.

Please note I said "if anyone else tried" <-- could be proof that Magic might just be the only viable method for bringing people back from the dead. Just saying.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33706229 - 11 months ago

Hey guys, I talked about this on the V5 thread, and it was unanimous. 

My in-depth analyzing -especially the episodes- will be posted and updated on my own thread so I don’t take away/distract from the Main, current Volume discussions. 

If you wanna check it out, here’s the Link. 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33706242 - 11 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin 

Well like you said this is a science FANTASY series so the way i see it anythings possible in my book.

• starkiller762

starkiller762

#33707518 - 11 months ago

In reply to acw28 and anyone else addressing Cinder’s “death”

If Cinder is based at all after Cinderella, it could be that they will bring back Pyrrha through her. Cinderella is about someone living two different lives at night and at day via magic. When Pyrrha died, she had part of the fall maiden’s power as far as we know. They could go for a more invasive version of Ozcar, where when one dies, the other takes over, or the fall could give them alternating control at weird times, or a million other evolutions of that theory. That would really f**k with Jaune.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33707522 - 11 months ago

In reply to starkiller762

As far as we know no Pyrrha didnt have the Fall Maiden power.

it started to work but then it was shown going in reverse none of it stayed with Pyrrha as far as we can tell.

I want Pyrrha back and I think the Aura machine playing a point in that is likely since they made such a big deal about it but didnt really do anything with it. But as far as we can tell Pyrrha didnt have the fall powers at all.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33707581 - 11 months ago

0af631d9b8d375925fec037446fc3620.jpg

Hey guys! Get a load of this!! I cracked up laughing when I saw this!! HAHA!!

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33708197 - 11 months ago

Assuming that Miles and Kerry are planning to have the Summer and Winter Maidens be characters we've already met (it would save them time in creating new characters), What are the chances that their predecessors died because of the  actions of the Ozlumenati or that like Spring, could no longer take the pressure.

Amber was killed by Cinder because she was an inexperienced Maiden (most likely ratted out by Lionheart). Depending on how long she's been a part of the Ozlumenati she may not have been given enough time to form an opinion on them and her role in Salem's war.

Spring was initially excited until the pressure of being Maiden caught up to her and she ran away. Raven tried to help Spring but she eventually lost patience and killed her all because the poor girl couldn't live up to her standards.

I can see the Winter Maiden being the next target for Vol 6 or 7 (I don't see them getting to Atlas right away because of the closed boarders) so if I had to guess which of the characters that could be Maidens it would either be Winter or Penny (a different Penny.).

If it's Penny then they could say that the Winter Maiden was at death's door and that only way to save her and keep the power was to transfer her Aura into a robot. If it's Winter then she could be torn between her loyalty to Ironwood if Ironwood does something stupid or Weiss. 

I admit that Winter being the Winter Maiden is unlikely at this point because we already have the "A Maiden is related to one of the characters" schtick with Raven and Yang so  Penny 2.0 could be the Winter Maiden.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33708199 - 11 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I am going to be honest I think none of this.

First I think we wont get any more characters we know as Maidens as there is only really Glynda they can do it with.

I think the chances of the Ozlumentati being the reason are also nill as they are working to PROTECT the maidens not hunt them down for power. They may fail at that duty like with Amber but I dont think their actions are EVER meant to put Maidens in harms way.

Basically I dont think its going to at all be the way you seem to imply it is.

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708245 - 11 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Seeing that, in the past volumes, Miles and Kerry have shown no hesitation in creating new characters as needed, I would say that the chances are none or a snowball's chance in hell. 

• acw28

acw28

#33708303 - 11 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I highly doubt that any of the characters you or revan mentioned are Maidens. Winter doesn't even seem to know that the Maidens exist, much less she's not part of the inner circle (Qrow: Why is she even here?). Penny has a better chance, except after her death we didn't see any sort of power transfer (which you can't argue is because the animation wasn't possible in Poser since we saw Amber's power transfer to Cinder after the former's death). Glynda honestly had the best chance of being a secret Maiden, but then I remembered the scene at the end of Vol. 3 where Salem was talking about semblance's becoming weaker and the shot of Glynda struggling to fix the building with her semblance when before she was shown to do much heavier lifting.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708310 - 11 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

It would be hilarious if the characters were folks MENTIONED before. 

Like the Lizard Faunus Qrow met was actually the Winter Maiden but traveled around disguised as a man because it was safer. Would-Be hunters of her power would be looking for a young woman not an old warrior or Faunus. 

Plus the WM has the animal trait of a reptile? Boy, that must be one COLD-BLOODED bitch!

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708313 - 11 months ago

In reply to acw28

A Semblance isn’t connected to the Maiden magic as far as I know. Only Cinder uses both her Semblance and Magic in combination because of her profound arrogance. She WANTS people to see she had taken this power for her own that would leave her opponents awe-struck and demoralized giving her an extra edge in a fight to completely curb stop her enemy.

Fighting for her isn’t about protecting people or finding your worth like it is for Hunters like Jaune and Ruby. They fight to protect people and being able to help others against the darkness and cruelty of the world validates their worth. It’s a whole point of Jaune’s character development going from a boy with a macho ego to the Huntsman who feels he doesn’t matter so long as his friends live. He was only willing to awaken his Semblance, Aura Amplification, after stating to Cinder “he doesn’t need matter” and that ignorance he could only buy them time it would be enough. That’s literally what he got for Weiss. He wasn’t fixing her but supporting her.

Ruby rushes into battles at top speed as an effort to prevent calamities. I think there was an interview of Lindsay and Barb describing Yang’s Semblance as her being the rock of whatever group she is in. Ruby rushes in to save people, like she did with the Nevermore V1 and against Tyrian while Qrow was in trouble. She won’t stand by. 

In contrast I think Cinder is a person that likes “breaking” others. She’s based off Cinderella with a Semblance over glass which is known for being easily breakable and when is broken is hazardous material. Cinder wears “shards” to emphasize her dangerous persona. Something sharp that will cut you deep and leave you bleeding. 

• FennecAlbain

FennecAlbain

#33708409 - 11 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Gee, I hope Cinder isn't dead. She was my favorite antagonist of the anime. I know you guys think she's arrogant, but she's actually quite a cool character, to be honest.   

• DragonicDoom

DragonicDoom

#33708412 - 11 months ago

In reply to GrimmSeaDragon I think she's OK, I just want a goddamn back story. Just something that takes her character beyond an arrogant megalomaniac. 

• FennecAlbain

FennecAlbain

#33708414 - 11 months ago

Agreed.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33708426 - 11 months ago

In reply to GrimmSeaDragon

I certainly don’t want her to be dead- especially given she’s had so much build up. 

I also certaibly hope that the hints at a genuine relationship between her and Salem. 

RWBY has just been absolutely atrocious at the way it wastes characters.

• DragonicDoom

DragonicDoom

#33708431 - 11 months ago

In reply to SAmaster Yeah I wanna see her come back. As any otaku or weeb will tell you "If you don't see their corpse they aren't dead" and even then they can be brought back through some plot device. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33708435 - 11 months ago

In reply to DragonicDoom

Agreed. Though frozen and thrown into a bottomless pit seems like they are trying to be final.

I then ask- who’s going to be Salem’s new dragon if she is dead? Adam? After Blake all but castrated him in front of his own troops?

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33708437 - 11 months ago

In reply to acw28

I didn't mean V3 Penny, I meant a hypothetical Penny 2.0. Maiden or not I still think Penny will come back.

In reply to tin-foilhat

Of course Cinder likes breaking people. She didn't have to impale Weiss to break Jaune but she did because she wants everyone to know that she strong, feared, and powerful. In the end she's only fooling herself because like Raven, Cinder may be powerful but she isn't strong. She uses people, acts petty whenever some 'weakling' gets under her skin, and she relies on Salem to provide tools to get she wants or protection when her co-workers make fun of her. If she hadn't chose vengeance and the need to flaunt herself back at Haven she might've won.

• losLena07

losLena07 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708445 - 11 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

No what happened to Pyrrha was final. 

We didn't see Cinder's body and until we do, she's not dead. She could be so severely wounded that she's out of commission for a volume and a half but with all the investment the show put into her character, I can't see them killing her off. They've made some dumb mistakes in terms of writing but not that dumb. And for anyone reading this and thinking "well they did it to Pyrrha," I disagree. They've put a lot more investment into Cinder's character, especially by now.

• DragonicDoom

DragonicDoom

#33708447 - 11 months ago

In reply to lena27 Agreed and after the AMA they hosted on reddit I think the writers are really starting to listen to the fans and trying to fix their mistakes. Hopefully Volume 6 will give us a little more backstory on Cinder. 

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33708449 - 11 months ago

In reply to lena27

I want her to come back but with more fucked-up Grimm attachments. The last time she got wrecked while on the cusp of victory, she ended up doubling-down on being an evil, power-hungry witch. I can't wait to see how much worse she gets now that it's happened twice

• revanninja

#33708456 - 11 months ago

In reply to jVictor

They hinted there is a reason.

When jessica was talking about Cinder she said there was a reason that she keeps going for power despite it damaging her body something she takes pride in.