Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (96)

• Zalph

Zalph FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RWBY Mega-Fan

#33701849 - 2 weeks ago

- Oh yeah, I forgot about that with Neo. I think her speaking will make the audience hate her. lmao.

- Anyways, I think she'll tell Ozcar(I like it) because they agreed to not hiding the truth anymore. Even though Ozcar most likely has more secrets that are yet to be discovered, Yang may feel the need to tell him for the next step.

- Something that's been on my mind... does the relic of knowledge affect the wielder in some way?

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33702423 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Zalph

1) Agreed, Yang will eventually tell everyone about Raven, but she needs to talk with the team first. It's her hierarchy of trust: Team. Family. Ozpin.

2) Not that sure about Tyrian's actions. Remember he told Salem that he got rid of Qrow and Qrow's still alive. Salem DID ask Cinder to tell Tyrian that she wanted to see him before Cinder left for Mistral. 

3) Not necessarily...but possible. We had no indication in Beacon that Ozpin was listening to head voices. It may be a gradual process, but it is possible that Oscar gets integrated into Ozpin's composite soul.

4) Agreed, but probably not until they get to Vacuo. It would be a logical place for her to go given the stated composition of it's populace. 

5) I don't expect RWBY & co. to reach Atlas until Volume 7 at the earliest...probably mid Volume and have 7 (7.5) and Volume 8 dealing with the military mess there, along with Ironwood's military obsession, Jacque/Whitley, and possibly Winter having to choose between following Ironwood's orders or siding with RWBY & co.. I DO expect Watts to be a really NASTY..err...complication considering he'll be in his "home" territory.  

6) I think that may be something we just might find out in the first couple of chapters considering the ending of the last chapter's main story...

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33702427 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to baita

Quite possibly, if they go for a training arc for a couple of chapters. 

Any possible way we could get a bit more fighting? I love the show and plan on continuing to watch but it seems like this season was incredibly lacking in the type of fighting and scenes that gave the show such energy in seasons 1-3.     

• kirstie479

kirstie479 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Kirstie

#33702490 - 2 weeks ago

What I would LOVE is either an episode, or spin off, of team STRQ. Not gonna lie, 50% of this need is that I wanna see young Qrow xD

• Zalph

Zalph FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RWBY Mega-Fan

#33702936 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to kirstie479

I wanna see Summer more. What's her weapon? Semblance? Fighting style? Etc

• Demons4eva

Demons4eva FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33702990 - 2 weeks ago

Man i really want a return of neo and her backstory, Nora's would be awesome as well and since we are visiting atlas it seems next season we might just get the winter maiden and Penny's creator 

• vambrose

vambrose

#33703048 - 2 weeks ago

I've been running with a theory I haven't seen pop up quite yet but here it goes. Team RWBY will become the hosts of the four maidens before the shows end. And we've already possibly seen two of the maidens behind set up to be taken.

Fall- the first fall maiden we meet is Amber who is ambushed by Cinder and friends, after being severely injured she is taken to Beacon where her powers are started to transfer to Pyrrah but is interuppted by Cinder. Battle Insues and Pyrrah, to everyone's extreme sadness, dies. Cinder seems to gain all of the maidens power. At one point we see that Ruby is hearing Pyrrahs voice in her head. Leading us to believe that maybe whatever maiden ability Pyrrah had may have been transferred to Ruby instead of Cinder. But fast forward to the last couple episodes of season 5 and we get a fight between Raven and Cinder and seemingly see Cinder fall to her death while being frozen solid. Let's say she did die there, the Maiden power would try to seek out it's other half being transferred to Ruby. What is no power was given to Ruby after Pyrrahs death though? The power is transferred to the last female in the mind of the Maiden before death. Who else would Cinder be thinking of except the woman she most despised,  the woman she vowed to kill no matter what, Cinders last thought, would have been of Ruby meaning the power would transfer to her. 

Spring- this one is pretty simple connection, the current maiden is Raven who is Yangs mom, Raven is on a very fast death track and could be dying here pretty soon. When she dies the only girl that could come into her mind would be her daughter,  Yang. So when Raven dies all her maiden power gets transferred to Yang.

The next two I don't have any knowledge of we haven't seen or heard from them. 

Winter- if you want to speculate I would say that the Winter Maiden is actually Winter Schnee. I have no proof or even facts to even start to back that up I just think it all fits snugly. Winter Schnee the Winter Maiden to pass the Maiden ability to her sister Wiess after her untimely death.

Summer- by process of elimination that would leave Summer to go to Blake, but that's all I can say, i don't even have speculation on who the summer maiden might be. 

It's not a strong theory but I think they set up Ruby and Yang quite nicely and it could make sense that this is the route they are going. 

I'm sorry for anything that may be incorrect in this theory I tried to do research but I'm bound to miss something or mess something up.

But there it is! What do you think?

• Velrak

Velrak

#33703508 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to vambrose

This theory also went through my mind ! But very quickly, I didn't take time to really think about it like you. This goes back to the scene between Ozpin and Pyrrha when he announces her she has been "chosen" to become the next Fall maiden. He purposely drove the conversation to the "Four seasons" fairytale and as soon as Pyrrha started to tell it, I thought "Oh there were four of course... Like team RWBY ! Why not one day... ? :)" And that was it for me !

I mostly agree with you ; I think this theory could (and should !) drive the entire show. It would even be logical for me because I think Monty didn't create these four members teams and these four maidens for nothing. He always had this will to create a very coherent and structured story. This use of the number 4 is part of it I believe.

Now about who may become who, if I only consider colors (another important aspect for Monty) I would say : Ruby=Summer (red=warm), Weiss=Winter (white=cold), Blake=Fall (black="sadness", dying things) and Yang=Spring (yellow=energy, joy, life !).

Another combination (just for fun) would be by matching the order of the letters of RWBY and the order of the seasons :) In this case, we would have 4 possiblities  :

1) Ruby=Summer, Weiss=Fall, Blake=Winter, Yang=Spring (I like this one)

2) Ruby=Fall, Weiss=Winter, Blake=Spring, Yang=Summer (not so fitting)

3) Ruby=Winter, Weiss=Spring, Blake=Summer, Yang=Fall (the worst !)

4) Ruby=Spring, Winter=Summer, Blake=Fall, Yang=Winter (no, just no)

More "seriously", if we consider personnalities, I would make the following connections considering the episode of World of Remnant about the four maidens (which were the first ones) : Winter is measured and kind of classy, it goes well with Weiss. Spring is full of energy (the energy of life), it goes very well with Yang ! Summer is very cheerful and warm-hearted and guess who is so... Ruby :) Finally, Fall appears to be wise and a bit discret and it suits Blake marvellously in my opinion.

Then if we consider what actually happened in the show, I completely agree that Yang would be very likely to become the next Spring maiden considering who Raven is and the "fast death track" she is on like you said (personally I think the fear of death Raven has will ultimately kill her, circle would be completed).

Now for the Fall maiden, I like your idea that Ruby hearing Pyrrha in her dreams is somehow linked to this interrupted transfer between Amber and Pyrrha (these dreams are yet to be explained). I would add that Ruby appeared at the top of the tower just before Pyrrha was killed so it is not that stupid to think Ruby was in Pyrrha's thoughts before she died. I would love all of this to be true but  1) we don't really know if Cinder died and 2) if she died, why Ruby would be the one in her last thoughts ? Very likely I agree but shouldn't it be Raven ? She froze her and made her fell. Raven got her maiden power because she killed the previous Spring maiden... If this is true, then Raven would be BOTH Spring and Fall maiden ! For now, I don't see what member of team RWBY would become the Fall maiden.

Now the Winter maiden, well why not Winter Schnee indeed, the connection seems too obvious to be true but I would still like it :) And if this is true, then Weiss would certainly become the next Winter maiden (but I don't want Winter to die !). But we still lack informations to this point (we could get some straight in Volume 6 if going to Atlas is confirmed). So Weiss is in pole position !

Finally, the Summer maiden... Well what about Summer Rose ?? :) Very obvious connection once again but just thanks to the names. But who would be the current Summer maiden ? Ruby ? She is not obviously. In fact I wonder if having silver-eyes is even compatible with any maiden power (the question goes for Ruby as well as for Summer). For now, I really don't see any connection between any member of team RWBY and the Summer maiden.

Last track, the reliques. Knowledge, Creation, Destruction and Choice.

Is one relique linked to a specific maiden ? I would say Creation/Spring, Choice/Summer, Destruction/Fall and Knowledge/Winter. But to be fair, I don't have a single clue about which one would suit any member of team RWBY^^ I hope we will get more about the relics in Volume 6.

In conclusion, I would also love to see our four heroines become the four maidens and beating Salem together (with Ozpin maybe). I would especially like to see Ruby as the Summer maiden, Weiss as the Winter maiden, Blake as the Fall maiden and Yang as the Spring maiden !

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33703527 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

Wow. You really thought this through, didn't you?

• Velrak

Velrak

#33703628 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01

This time yes haha ! And after all, this is what this forum is all about :)

But honestly for Volume 6, I think the priority for RT is to improve fighting scenes, general pace, backstories and how they are told, Ruby's character and exploitation of the outside world (Mistral, Atlas, the Grimm...).

I know it's a lot but I have the feeling that RT is focusing too much on the main story and thus is missing the incredible potential of this show.

Volume 6 is a great opportunity in my opinion to bring back everything that made RWBY so special during the first three Volumes ; after the events of Haven I would expect things to cool a little so no need to rush as soon as possible to Atlas. Salem took quite a hit, all the protagonists can chill for a moment I would say.

• rgm2000

rgm2000 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Drazz

#33703657 - 2 weeks ago

The first time I watched RWBY and the first big fight sequence ended after Ruby ran up the side of the cliff, sliced the head off the nevermore (or whatever it was), and did the superman landing with the scythe slung over her shoulders I was fist pumping the air and cheering.  That's when I knew this was going to be awesome.

In volumes 1-3 there were a lot of big fights with awesome looking character anime style flourish effects that blew me away.  But in the last couple, and especially volume 5, there really hasn't been any big fights where I was like, "Eff yea!  That looked awesome."  Instead, the fights seem to be lacking that flourish.  I don't know if that's the result of moving to the new animation tools, or because adding those effects to the fights are so time consuming, or maybe so many new people have been added to the team that it's taken on a different animation style which is different from the original.  But this was one of the things that made this series special to me, and I wish some of that old animation style of awesome looking character specific fighting moves would make a re-appearance in volume 6.

Maybe at some point I'll splice together a video comparing the character fighting animations between volumes 1-3 and 4-5 so that it's a little easier to explain what I mean.

Also, Penny 2.0.  She's an android that was intended to be manufactured.  You can't tell me a newer, better, stronger Penny isn't possible.  PENNY!  PENNY!  PENNY!  PENNY!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33703794 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Velrak

Nice to have you agree with me. But, my biggest concern is that, now that team RWBY is back together, what does that mean for Jaune, Nora and Ren? I'm very hopeful that RT will keep them with RWBY and in the big plot, but I just can't help but worry

• Velrak

Velrak

#33703806 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to rgm2000

The first time I watched RWBY was through the four original trailers. I kept on watching because of the fight scenes I saw. Then I discovered the world of Remnant, the stories and personnalities of every character... But the amazing and creative fights had already hooked me ! This is the very DNA of RWBY for me and I agree Volume 4 and 5 were much lower in terms of fight quality than Volume 1 to 3 (except the Qrow vs Tyrian fight which I found superb).

Moving to a new animation software maybe had an impact but in my opinion (and this is linked to what you pointed out) RT has never really recovered the loss of Monty...

1) He was very creative and well aware of several fighting techniques (martial art especially). Fights were his speciality and now, no one among the CRWBY has the same level of knowledege. I really don't blame anyone about this, no one can. This is just how things are going. But I don't have the feeling that RT is willing to make the fights look real (I think about all the Belladona fights...) I really wish they could find someone to help them about fighting styles. There is no shame in that ! It would honor Monty's legacy.

2) Monty never focused on one fight in particular among all the fights that were integrated in the show. This is where I have a problem about how RT handled this especially at the end of Volume 5 : so much fights that we just didn't see or so shortly ! Mercury/Yang, Ruby/Emerald etc... What a waist ! RT focused on the Cinder/Raven fight and that is not correct regarding the history of the show ! I really hope they will pay attention to this in Volume 6 and until the end of the show.

3) Monty directed every fight and even animated some all by himself. Today much more people are working on this. So there is a higher risk to not find a recurrent style in fights. But more problematic would be the slowing down of the production of each fight and finally affect its quality because of the hurry to finish. I don't know if it has already been the case, I hope not. But I know that working with more people is a double-edged thing. But I'm sure RT will handle this as time goes on.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33703808 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Yeah I noticed it was your biggest concern starting from your first message !

I don't worry about Jaune, he just unlocked his semblance. RT can't just let him vanish somewhere. I am a bit more concerned about Ren and Nora as their commun story has been (well) developped in Volume 4. But honestly I think these three characters are just too important to the show to be abandonned. Things would feel more "empty" without them... Volume 6 will prove how RT really consider Jaune, Nora and Ren.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33704141 - 1 week ago

In reply to Velrak

Yeah. Yeah, your right. I try to stop bringing up. I have a bad habit of worrying too much about my favorite characters

• Velrak

Velrak

#33704482 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Not a bad habit, it happens often when you are a fan :)

My favorites are Qrow, Ruby, Sun and... Pyrrha :( I'm down to three so far ^^ Losing Pyrrha was heartbreaking but at the end, I never forget it's a show. This prevents me for suffering too much !

But since we are on the subject, what do you think about the "JNPR death theory" ?

I don't believe in it personally. Maybe another of its members could die but not all of them ! Because it would be too easy for RT : they know the death of any of them would cause a trauma in the fan community (case in point with Pyrrha, they also played with us during the Nuckelavee fight and the "Nora saving Ren" scene) and they also know (as us) the "famous" rule of every anime which is to kill any character which the audience is invested with. I think the JNPR team makes the perfect "tool" in that regard as it's the closest group of characters orbiting around team RWBY, the backbone of the show.

So... There is this "rule", the fact that Ren and Nora's arc has come a long way and (but this is entirely superstitious^^) the fact that we lost Pyrrha after three Volumes... A new trilogy will end with Volume 6. Just saying :)

But honestly, I would prefer to be wrong about all of this !

I would be sad but okay if team JNR just follows a different path than team RWBY in Vol6 (maybe visiting and staying for a while with Pyrrha's family in Mistral before coming back later).

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33704551 - 1 week ago

In reply to Velrak

I don't think JNR are going to die. I think Pyrrhas death was to show that in their line of work, there is a chance that you could lose someone you care for. Also, it motivated Jaune and the others to become stronger, so that they can protect each other from danger. Beside, just because one member of JNPR died, doesn't mean they all will. I'm sure RT won't kill them

• cbwriter

#33704988 - 1 week ago

In reply to Velrak

1) Agreed, but unless CRWBY has the extreme luck and finds an animator and/or asst. director with martial arts knowledge, I don't think RT has the budget to hire a person(s) JUST to fight checking.

2) Knowing what I know about CRWBY, the major reasons that Cinder/Raven was focused on instead of the others were:

a) The bang for the buck showing different characters fighting a fight that provides the ability for "newer" moves and actions.

b) The result of the fight would be more consequential to the story line than the fights upstairs.

c) Cost and time restrictions. Following Cinder/Raven keeps the action in a single set, keeps the fight between ONLY 2 characters for most of the fight, and limits dialogue. Remember this was in chapter 13 of a 14 chapter volume. They had to keep time for the other story points to resolve as well as providing time for the Cinder/Yang "showdown" 

3) Quite true, and remember RT is still expanding their animation section and adding more animators. It might take most of Volume 6 to meld them all into a team that finds it's style and groove. The longer they work together, the better and faster they'll get.  Hopefully the budget and time allowed will expand to allow consistent 20-25 min. chapters AND 16 chapter volumes. (Keep buying the merchandise and subscribing to RT First. More income from RWBY means admin. giving more to RWBY for production.)

• cbwriter

#33704992 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Given the fact that RWBY and JNPR were fighting together since the initiation, I really don't think that JNR will be left behind. As I see it, 4 member teams were a hunter(ess) academy restriction. Outside, I think there is no restriction. Therefore, it would be entirely possible for larger teams to exist. So RWBY and JNR COULD become something like RWBY-NRJ (Ruby-energy). 

Seeing that Salem was denied her first objective, she'll try at least twice as hard to get it and the other 3. Given that I tend to see Volume 6 as training and meeting in the first half then travelling to Atlas in the second (which could be a bit quicker due to starting in Mistral and having airship travel available to a northern port), there would be time for them to integrate into a larger team.

Reaching Mantel could be found to be MUCH easier than getting INTO Atlas. I expect them to spend a bit of time in Mantel, figuring a way in or waiting for Ironwood to convince the council.

• cbwriter

#33704997 - 1 week ago

In reply to rgm2000

Quite true. Considering that I tend to see Penny as Pinocchio via Astro Boy (Penny's bow is on an angle similar to Astro's head "points" and the short glimpse of her father just after her fight with Pyrra that looks an AWFUL lot like Astro's father, Dr. Astor Boyton II (Dr. Tenma in original Japanese version)). I WILL take exception to saying she was intended for manufacture originally. That might possibly be the case AFTER Ironwood's involvement, but if they stuck with the original intent of Pinocchio/Astro Boy, Penny was probably meant as a substitute for someone her father lost and loved.

Then again...I may very possible be wrong.  ^.^

Also, Penny 2.0.  She's an android that was intended to be manufactured.  You can't tell me a newer, better, stronger Penny isn't possible.  PENNY!  PENNY!  PENNY!  PENNY!

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33705006 - 1 week ago

In reply to cbwriter

CRWBY just added a really good action animator as assistant lead animator. Her names Kim Newman.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33705114 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In reply to Velrak

Nice to have you agree with me. But, my biggest concern is that, now that team RWBY is back together, what does that mean for Jaune, Nora and Ren? I'm very hopeful that RT will keep them with RWBY and in the big plot, but I just can't help but worry

My hope is that, eventually, after a great deal of bonding & character development, Jaune & his team adopt Ilia as their newest member. Keep in mind that Jaune is NOT replacing Pyrrha. No one's replacing her, as Jaune himself will probably admit. He will, however, let Ilia join his team as the new "fifth" member. That way, they still honor Pyrrha & allow Ilia to join. Their team name can be Team JRNI (pronounced "journey").

Another option is a rebuilt Penny joining the team, creating Team JNPR 2.0. That's after everyone's in Atlas, though.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33705116 - 1 week ago

In reply to cbwriter and JROY

Thanks, I didn't know all of this about the CRWBY. Very curious to see how everything will be settled for Vol6 !

And I know it's a question that can't really be answered but you seem well informed :)

Do we know how far Monty wrote the show before he passed away ? I heard he was still quite involved in Vol3 but then ?

I think especially about team STRQ, Ozpin, Salem, Neo and the maidens. Did he already have all of this written down when he launched RWBY ? Or has the CRWBY some freedom about it ?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33705283 - 1 week ago

rwby___valentine_s_day_2017_renora_fan_p

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33705336 - 1 week ago

In reply to RexFrost

Or maybe Ruby will find herself in charge of two teams from now on, being RWBY and RNJR.

Join The Video Beta X