Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1970)

• gothh

gothh

#33709958 - 9 months ago

ohh yes yes sorry guys

crazy how some time you can hear something else (or don't hear what you don't want :p)

anyone see otaku lyrics 101 on youtube :D

• dkindy

dkindy

#33710023 - 9 months ago

Well, 

Here goes 

Yeh

List

1. White Knight (because of Not This Time, Fate fanfiction I read (screw you freezerburn/lancaster shippers(not really))).

2. Music, more, and like, release some tabs too. (V1-4 soundtrack feels are real).

3. Give Ruby something to do (jeez).

4. Jaune's fam and maybe Pyrrha's too.

5. Blakes fa- o wait.

6.maybe characters for Jeff and Casey Williams (Atlas ball maybe).

7. [music starts] CVFY! I'm CVFY!!!! (more of CVFY (and maybe prove if 

Yatsuhashi is a double agent or not for white fang)).

8. Emerald and Mercury maybe defecting from salem.

9. Communications restored and Glynda or Ironwood making it known that the games were sabotaged by the Cinder team and that the students were put under hallucination. Restoring somewhat order and the reputations of Beacon and the students.

10. Ren and Nora adopt Oscar (probs not happen but lolz).

11.Whitely being able to break free from Jackass like Wiess and Winter did.

12. on the topic, Wiess Winter, Whitely and their mother leading a coup on Jackoff kicking him out.

13. Bmblb/ TittyKitty restoration/ confirmation (see what I did there (V4 Soundtrack)).

14. Scarlet come in when everyone is about to die and uses his semblance, Sea legs! Everyone drops to the floor. and can't stand up (would it affect Mercury tho?).

To Be Continued (ripp iff i spealt wong)

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710063 - 9 months ago

In reply to gothh

A melody may have beauty in itself, but it's the rhythm that gives it the structure and timing. THAT'S what Monty excelled at. He was able to construct a melody and make it superb by putting it to a perfect rhythm. Most of the fights after Monty passed were good (beautiful) fights but lacked the connection to the rhythm of the music behind them. 

Monty had a gift of choreographing fights...and that's what all great fight scenes are, highly choreographed and times 'dances'. They need to be precise to the frame or else they will seem to be slightly poorer that they are. "Timing is everything" especially in dancing and fight scenes. You may have a scene with everyone using perfect skills and technique, but if the rhythm is off a beat or two it will seem sloppy.

As for switching software, there ALWAYS is a learning curve, especially when switching from a $500 prosumer program to a $5000 professional one. There are new commands to learn, new tools for the software devs to make, new processes, etc.. Your best work will be limited to your command of the software. As the software becomes second nature, work quality should improve because they'll be able to work faster and more precisely, and precision is what fight scenes require, especially if your goal is getting anywhere close to Monty.

Oh and I did answer your question:

cbwriter

#33707693 - 1 week ago

In reply to gothh

"We...must get the lamp...to Atlas."

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33710155 - 9 months ago

In reply to gothh

Bigger is not always better if you don't have the room to make it work. A Song of Ice and Fire has that room, Rwby does not. That's why I would prefer to see Rwby stick to a simpler storyline, so that they can actually make it and the characters develop properly and in a non-convoluted manner.

• gothh

gothh

#33710164 - 9 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

First, sorry for the mess up with the trad and thanks for your reply (all of them).

we must "k et thlipte (m) adlas" ... guess the rhythm is important everywhere.

I just re-watch most of the match and i think you right the rhythm is less good in Vol 4 and 5 and it's may be due to the time to adapt to the new software.

But I think the thing is that the rhythm isn't bad is just different. The rhythm is not the same because the melody is not the same. 

Both part are beautiful but are different. the fight Raven vs Cinder has a good rhythm but it's a battle not a dance but the melody is good it's just more gregarious.

The story is different too but it's completely normal, it's not the time to play with puppy in the snow things are more serious it's more difficult to add the "je ne sais quoi" that Monty had even more difficult that they have to add their own.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710186 - 9 months ago

I thought of something we'd all like to know. Where did Ren and Nora go after they first met? Where did they learn to fight? Where did they live? After Beacon was attacked, did they stay with Jaune? What happened to them?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710386 - 9 months ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d

I like your new pic. I am a HUGE Persona fan. I have all the games. I've beaten Persona 5 four times and I'm still not bored with it

• Zalph

Zalph FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RWBY Mega-Fan

#33710387 - 9 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I don't know where Ren and Nora were after they met, nor their life prior to their enrollment in Beacon. I do know that they did stay with Jaune after Beacon's attack. 

• Dinobot01

#33710625 - 9 months ago

In reply to Zalph

HOW do you know that?

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710754 - 9 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Good questions.  Hopefully the writing team might provide the answers. Where they went after they first met would be interesting, Mistral being a place that they might gravitate to, being the nearest city/town. Perhaps Oz "ran across" them during on of his visits to Haven roaming around Mistral and decided to "sponsor" their entrance to Signal.

After the fall of Beacon, I would think that the academy would try to provide housing for the students that "can't" leave somewhere in the "safe" area of Vale.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33710758 - 9 months ago

Since Volume 5 had a fight between the Spring and Fall Maiden (polar opposites on the season spectrum), what are the chances that we'll a fight between the Summer Maiden and Winter Maiden in a future volume?

• Zalph

Zalph FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RWBY Mega-Fan

#33710762 - 9 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Because right after Beacon's attack, Ruby was going to start her travel to Mistral until Jaune, Nora, and Ren showed up to join the journey.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33710784 - 9 months ago

In reply to Zalph

That's not confirmation that they were staying with him by any stretch. That's a good explanation for why they all showed up at the same time, but that could also be explained by them by them just coordinating their efforts well. 

• Zalph

#33710820 - 9 months ago

When they left for Mistral, it was winter. How long has it been since the fall of Beacon? We can't figure it out by looking at it directly. But we can figure it out by looking at other specific events:

1. When Yang was home watching television, on the news was the events of Beacon. The news anchors were describing the aftermath of what happened there. There's no way a large amount of time would have passed after that, only a few days if not a single week. Unless an important event occurred where Jaune had to separate from Ren and Nora within that week. 

2. In Atlas, Jacques and Ironwood were disputing about transportation between Atlas and other kingdoms. We know this was shortly after Weiss returned to Atlas because Whitley showed remorse for what happened to her(meaning it's likely their first time meeting). This evidence supports that most of these events occurred right after Beacon fell. Not enough time would have even passed for Ren and Nora to be considered separated from Jaune.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33710825 - 9 months ago

I think we will never know exactly if Ren and Nora stayed with Jaune after the fall of Beacon. But I also assume they were together because they needed it after Pyrrha died... The only "live" reaction to her death that we had was from Ruby (then silver eyes unleashed etc...). But we never had the chance to see Jaune's reaction as soon as he learns Pyrrha's death (nor Ren's or Nora's). We only saw the three of them in front of Ruby's house probably two or three weeks later and I assume they used this time together to grieve/talk about Pyrrha.

If not, I clearly don't see where Jaune could have been or who he could have been with. Someone had to help him to get through this trauma otherwise he wouldn't even have showed up to Ruby when she leaves home.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33710838 - 9 months ago

In reply to Zalph

The writers announced that it was a timeskip of 6-8 months between V3 and V4. This is also supported by the transition from fall to winter we see at the end of V3. On the other hand, you are correct that other events in the show seem to imply that the Fall of Beacon was recent. However, the Weiss part can just be explained by the fact that timelines in V4 were mismatched, and that the timeskip may have just been fully applied for RNJR, and the Yang part, while a lot weaker and definitely out of place, could be somewhat explained as a reminder of Adam Taurus being wanted and that rebuilding efforts were still ongoing.

At the end of the day though, my point is that you can't just say that Ren and Nora spent time at Jaune's like it's fact, because it isn't. It's possible and likely supposition, but without the show stating it to be the case, it isn't a fact.

• Zalph

#33710887 - 9 months ago

Wow, 6-8 months. Volume IV must have been all over the place then.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33710888 - 9 months ago

In reply to Zalph

Absolutely. I've talked about this in other threads, but the V4 and V5 timelines are pretty messy. 

Anyhow, I realized though that I made an error as the 6-8 month timeskip stated by the writers didn't apply to the time between the Fall of Beacon and RNJR leaving, but rather from that point to the start of V4. Regardless, the shift from early-mid fall to mid-winter still indicates that at least a few months passed in that period. My points about Yang and Weiss hold true, with the possibility of their timelines being askew as well.

• cbwriter

#33710973 - 9 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

That would probably depend on where the writers want to go. The possibility is always there.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33711004 - 9 months ago

I don't have many theories. But what want is for them to reveal Pyrrha somewhere in the volume.

• Dinobot01

#33711056 - 9 months ago

I have a theory. Even if Jaune got a girlfriend, I think his sisters be against it. The girl would have to win their approval before she could date their brother. I think this makes sense. They way Jaune has talked about them, his sisters love him very much, maybe a little too much, and they are very protective of their only brother. I think if Jaune does get with Weiss, or if he did get with Pyrrha, both of them would have to go through the Arc Sisters

• ymca_unscrambled

ymca_unscrambled

#33712077 - 9 months ago

tl;dr, In response to Zalph's first comment

1* Before I can even think about more character backstories and whatnot (which I think can be done with more trailers, tbh) I want better fight scenes. There was no real development being seen in their skills (looking at you, Jaune, tryna fight Cinder out of nowhere), and the smaller fights were boring. It made the volume stale.

2* Me too tbh. What's up with that? Ozpin isn't a god, but is Salem? What about the two brothers? Where are they? Why are they inactive? How will it affect the characters?

3* I highly doubt Cinder is actually dead. But I want to know if Salem has since lost interest in her, since she's proving to be much less productive than she needs to be if Salem is to win. She's not dead yet, but she might as well be.

4* I highly doubt JNR will gain a new member, I don't think they're in need of one. Ruby can very well manage both teams. However, I am interested in the rest of team RWBY. Especially considering Blake's current situation, I think it'd be much more interesting if they were to, instead, lead their own side teams. They all have leadership capabilities, and I think Ruby is going to, very quickly, become the frontrunner.
    If I am correct on that much, I would like to know more about STRQ, more particularly Summer Rose. I think it would help both the characters and the audience understand the gravity of what it is they're doing and what exactly, logistically, they're getting into.

Biggest Question on Who Salem's New Favorite Will Be: Probably Watts. That's my guess. He's easily the favorite and he's been gunning for Cinder for 2 volumes now. He's definitely going to try to pull something slick real quick.

• Dinobot01

#33712112 - 9 months ago

RWBY will be scene in Ready Player One!!!!

• Zalph

#33712180 - 9 months ago

That movie is hype.