Forums > RWBY

Theory: Was Cinder A Huntress?

Posts (4)

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Veritas Omnia Vincit

#33699098 - 3 weeks ago

— PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ART IS SUBJECTIVE & ANY OPINIONS GIVEN HERE ARE MY OWN —

I'm more than certain that I am not the first person to think of this.  Still, it's a fun little theory so let's have a look.

First off — how old is Cinder?  Honestly, we don't know.  We know she can pass for an upperclassman apparently & if I recall correctly, Monty once said she's not much older than the main characters — gotta love that vagueness.  So a decent age range at this point is early to mid twenties.

Now, let's take a look at her choice of weapon — before acquiring Maiden powers, naturally.

Two swords that combine to form a longbow which can fire explosive arrows — it's also a gun!  If that doesn't follow the outline of a Hunter's weapon, I don't know what does.  Despite being only a few years older than the main cast — she already is rather skilled in combat — in some cases more so.  There is no denying that Cinder has had extensive combat training — the kind that takes years of practice to master.

She got that training somewhere & over the course of many years.  Cinder being a former Huntress would answer a lot of questions.  It would explain why she was always several steps ahead at Beacon.  She already knew their tactics, response times & how they would act in a given crisis.

Is it true?  I have no idea — but it's an interesting thought.

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Veritas Omnia Vincit

#33702122 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to RavenBranwen945

How many years does she need?  I'm not suggesting becoming a Huntress is a cakewalk, but we're also talking about a universe where a first year student (Pyrrha) is considered the best in Kingdoms.  Cinder is also older than the main cast, but not by much.  For comparison, how old is someone like Winter?  I realize we're talking about anime girls but still, she can't be that much older than Cinder.

• CinderFaII

#33702167 - 2 weeks ago

That sound like she's — at the very least — old enough to of graduated from a Huntsman Academy — unless my math is terribly wrong.

• RavenBranwen075

RavenBranwen075

#33702615 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ClNDERFALL

I think Cinder qualifies as a professional huntress. If she killed Ozpin who was the headmaster of Beacon and Pyrrha who could defeat a whole team of guys, she's probably capable of so much more. More than we could imagine. I don't know her exact age but I can guess she somewhere over 20. Like 21, 22, or 23 I'm guessing. According to Ozpin there are 5 years of training. The age you have to be to get in is 17. So if Cinder went through training at a legendary academy she'll probably be 22 years old in the time scale for volumes 1-3. She'll be 23 in volumes 4 and 5. I can see why you think she's a huntress. She might as well be. 

Join The Video Beta X