Forums > RWBY

Never mind, this is a stupid idea.

Posts (11)

• DekZek

DekZek

#33707871 - 7 months ago

As the title says. I would like to note that I have not actually played the game, and most of my knowledge of the game is from the trailers, and people's comments about it on the forums. Another disclaimer is that I see the game as mostly in the vein of the Dynasty Warriors series, namely the collaboration with Nintendo for Hyrule Warriors (Idk if it has any unique features compared to the main series).

Actual Analysis points:

1. When I see people speculating potential bosses, they seem to get one major thing wrong. Not every boss needs to be some absolutely giant threat.

2. More of a lack of something here. Characters can have more than one weapon.

3. You can include quite a story with a smaller cast. Even if you stick to the episodes (which is what I will be going over when I am doing story mode)

4. When you are following the show's story, you don’t need to keep the story's pacing. There is no official timeline for events, so so long as everything happens by a certain point, you will be fine.

5. Not every  generic enemy has to be a Grimm. Some ideas off the top of my head are Torchwick's Goons, White Fang members, and robots.

6. Locations don’t need to be incredibly large in canon to make good maps.

7. This is really just a vestige of my experiences from Hyrule Warriors, but there are 4 types of classifications, not 3. Grunts, Generals, Captains (mostly playable characters with a full moveset), and Bosses.

8. Not every character's Special Attack needs to be their Semblance.

9. As far as I have seen, how come no one has thought of Team Attack Finishers?

My actual list for stuff in the game is four things. Characters/Weapons, Bosses, Locations, and Story battles (will be writing these as I rewatch the show)

Characters:

Ruby (Cresent Rose, Silver Eyes)

Weiss (Myrtenaster)

Blake (Gambol Shroud)

Yang (Ember Celica)

Adam (Wilt)

Bosses:

Arma Gigas

Spider Droid

Locations:

Forever Fall

Junior's Club

Story Battles:

Trailers (I would make these a single tutorial level in 4 parts):

Red:

Basic tutorial. Attack combos, dodging, and Special Attacks.

Follow prompts as you take down Grimm

White:

Tutorial Part 2. Bosses and potentially a Weapon Triangle with Dust (Myrtenaster uses various types of dust)

Take down Arma Gigas

Black:

Tutorial Part 3. Mission Objectives and Team Attack Finishers.

Forever Fall

Mission Objectives:

Take down Enemy Generals

Approach location (wherever Spider Droid is)

Take down Spider Droid (doesn’t actually go down unless you do a Team Attack Finisher)

Story Edit: Expanded area to Forever Fall instead of just the train, train would force player into a line

Yellow:

Tutorial Part 4. Semblances And Terrain Damage

Junior's Club

Mission Objectives:

Approach location (wherever Junior is)

Fend off Attacks

Take down Enemy General (can’t get close without using Semblance, as you Deal Damage they destroy the pillars around the dance floor and debris falls)

Story Edit: Left out the Malachite Twins, they are unnecessary for the tutorial, and they have no future story relevance so far

P.S. Is there any way to make stuff in collapsible boxes? This will otherwise get ridiculously large.

• DekZek

DekZek

#33707876 - 7 months ago

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33709290 - 6 months ago

Aw. I wanted to read it. :(

• DekZek

DekZek

#33709387 - 6 months ago

In reply to SirSailorStar

Basically, my idea of how they could put the plot of RWBY (the main show) as a longer story mode for Grimm Eclipse. I ran into two huge problems that I couldn’t find a way around.

• DekZek

DekZek

#33709388 - 6 months ago

I don’t tend to have the brightest ideas when I’m procrastinating.

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33709389 - 6 months ago

In reply to DekZek

I would still like to here it. We could always help you around your obstacles. That's what a community is for! We don't bite (not all of us, anyway).

• DekZek

DekZek

#33709391 - 6 months ago

I'll check if I still have the file somewhere.

• DekZek

DekZek

#33709397 - 6 months ago

Nope, don’t have it.

My main issue was that a lot of info came in what, in a video game story mode, would just be massive plot dumps in cutscenes, or in the middle of fights. Either way, the player won’t be paying attention to the information given, and will be confused. The other problem was that fights would be unevenly spread out, which makes sense in a show, but would create problems if you were trying to translate that into a game.

Also a third issue that I just realized would be an issue.Most areas are either incredibly sprawling or incredibly small, and there aren’t that many places that would make medium-size maps.

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33709450 - 6 months ago

Oh, I see. It was still an interesting idea!

• gothh

gothh

#33709965 - 6 months ago

lol yeah don't give up to quickly

many video game based on show actually use the main story as plot even when it's mean make a big level for just 5 min of the show

but the main problem i see is that the show isn't over so the main plot isn't and than you can't end the game either

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33710010 - 6 months ago

In reply to gothh

But would we want this game to end though? Hmmmmm?

Important questions.... church1