Forums > RWBY

Is Ruby's Semblance Hereditary Like Weiss'?

Posts (9)

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33709707 - 3 months ago

I know we don't know much (or, well anything) about Summer Rose, except for the fact she died as a Silver Eyed Warrior; but, I feel like she would have had Burst Petals or something extremely similar.

Do any of you think Ruby might have a semblance from her mother (assuming the silver eyes isn't a second semblance)?

• sscool

sscool FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Henshin Hero level X

#33709755 - 3 months ago

that's actually something i didn't think about. i mean if  Weiss's family is know for that summoning semblance then why wouldn't summer roses's be similar to ruby's. also is it possible to have two semblances and if not what really are the silver eyes?   

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33709881 - 3 months ago

In reply to sscool

I've never hear of someone with two semblances, but we don't know what happens after someone master's their main semblance. Can the semblance evolve to the point it seems like there is two?

Unfortunately, we don't know anything about the Silver Eyed Warriors (thanks, RT). It could just be magic that Ruby's possesses or it could be a second semblance she inherited from her mother. I suppose only time will tell this theory true or false.

• gothh

gothh

#33709912 - 3 months ago

It's an interesting theory and very likely to be true. 

I found two points that may confirm it. 

First Ruby and Summer have the same emblem : a beautiful rose (except for the color summer emblem is white and rube's one is red), the only other character who have inherit his emblem is Weiss Schnee who clearly have an hereditary semblance, plus Ruby also inherit her first name "Rose" from her mother (unlike her sister who took the father name). 

I consider this point has a good argument for your theory because of the other theory who say that  Weiss has an hereditary semblance because she's from a long and important dynasty (maybe even some royalty) and she consider her family legacy as a primary part of her personality. All this can also be said for ruby and her mother and it's support by the lyrics of the song "red like roses part 2" and the heredity of the silver eyes who imply a very long family history.

The second point is the scene at the beginning of the opening of Volume 1 . We saw Ruby and Summer's "ghost" use the same semblance together (except for the color) . 

This is a strong enough point to make me think your theory is indeed true.

About considering the silver eyes has a second semblance or the second "level" of her semblance, it's possible especially since Weiss also have a two part semblance (glyph and summon).

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33710007 - 3 months ago

In reply to gothh

Thanks!  heart

I'm excited to see if this comes true or not.

• sscool

sscool FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Henshin Hero level X

#33710018 - 3 months ago

In reply to SirSailorStar 

ya this post makes me want to understand semblances more i hope next volume dives deeper into it

• wayne327010

wayne327010

#33710692 - 3 months ago

In reply to gothh the only flaw with your reasoning is that rwby has the last name rose supposedly cause summer didn't leave before rwby came where as raven straight up said "here two have this little useless thing I got better things to do" if you think aboiut the reactions raven had to a lot of what yang said raven only cared for yangs power as we see her talking about taking over if yang joins the bandit group no offense tho you the rest was all really great the rose and xiao long thing we the only flaw I saw

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33716569 - 2 months ago

Well, as the others have posted here in this discussion, if the Silver Eyes comes from her mother Summer (which has been confirmed), then it's entirely possible that it's a second semblance for her (again, like the others have said, Ruby wouldn't be the first; Weiss has both her Glyphs and her Summoning).

• SylestalPyre

SylestalPyre

#33716582 - 2 months ago

But the Summoning is a glyph. It is literally just another quirk of Weiss' Semblance, such as how Ruby can now control her rose petals enough to be separated into three while she's using it, rather then just speed.

Besides, if Silver Eyes was just another hereditary Semblance, then I feel like that they should get medals for even surviving this long. One line of Silver Warriors, with Salem's ever-looming presence behind them? It's a  miracle that they haven't died out yet.

I'd also like to point out that Ruby having the same emblem as her mother makes sense. Her mom outright died. Would it be hard to believe that Ruby took up the rose emblem in memory of her mother?