Forums > FIRST Members

Red vs Blue Season 15 First! SPOILERS and Discussion Thread: Post Credits

Posts (2567)

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33562232 - 5 months ago

Hey gang, welcome to the Red vs Blue Season 15: First! SPOILERS and Discussion  thread! I’m AgentWashingtub008, a resident site-camper and crackpot theorist. Now, this is a thread launching post I didn’t think I’d be writing.  The current move by Rooster Teeth to up the benefits of FIRST! has reorganized the schedule in a way that FIRST! members receive the episode a full week before anyone else and with no time of overlap.  This would complicate conversation in just one thread.  There’d be two conversational timelines going on separated by the slightly cumbersome current iteration of spoiler tags.  What might be best for everyone is to have a space where firsts can talk clearly labled as spoilers for Members so at least everything is organized.  Of course there can be MORE conversation going on in other threads (like the original major RvB 15 thread located here) but I think this is a convenient option. Anyway, for FIRST!s be sure to come with your reactions, analysis, theorizing, crackpottery, arguments, research, fangirl/boying, arguments and general fun. You just need to like in-depth discussion about a show you like. There are more stories to tell, let’s get ready!

However, before we begin here are some general guidelines to help make the forum experience go swimmingly. (That I ripped off from myself (With some edits.))

1: Write With Care: Grammar is good. No one is perfect, but as long as you make the effort to make your points intelligently, the conversation will be easy for everyone to follow and readers will know you care about what you are saying and respond in kind,

2: Conduct Yourself Respectably: The forum is a shared space. Please do not come in here trying to cause a mess or rile up some people. It is almost guaranteed you’ll disagree with someone else here but acknowledging that and asserting your opinion are not mutually exclusive. Keep in mind a good argument is more persuasive than yelling, screaming, and tearing into someone else’s character. Also be aware that first impressions can last. Try and present yourself with your best foot forward to start a successful journey through the thread.

###pRooster Teeth Forums are something viewed in public and the workplace.   There is more information in the ###a href="http://achievementhunter.com/terms-and-conditions">Terms of Use you agreed to when you joined the site. You and I are well aware of the lengths Red vs Blue goes to for jokes.  It’s M for Mature comedy with some sometimes heavy Suggested for Mature Readers (comics) material in there too.  Still, that’s no reason for being lewd for no reason or doing things just to be shocking or vulgar.  We’re having a discussion here.

2.5: Spoilers: Spoilers will not be as important because of the nature of this thread but I still think they should be discussed.  Here is how they work. Click the little Slashed-Eye on your formatting bar and type away! Use your mouse to hover over or highlight an area of tagged text to view it.  If you have seen a video here before public release or have just watched it at launch, tag your spoilers in even a spoiler-titled thread. Generally once an episode has been live for the public (and they’ve had the time to watch it in full) , spoilers are considered fair game, especially in the heat of discussion in a spoiler titled thread, but try to be courteous.   While this thread has been labeled as FIRST! And Spoilered, there’s still the chance of some people not seeing things, and wandering in here.  And let’s say a trailer goes up “unannounced” put that is spoilers for an hour or so so people can go watch it themselves or choose not to and know to ignore your posts about it.

3: Lurk: Have you ever have your mom tell you it is weird when you stay in the corner for a while to try and figure out what is going on before entering the social space? (Just me?) Well, in here that isn’t an issue. It is actually encouraged. By watching the thread you can see what is the tone and tempo of the conversation going on now. Also, instead of bringing up the same point over and over again, if you found something you want to continue talking about, you can reply to that thought someone else had and you’ve already got a foot in the door. Be careful though, if a topic is older (like a week) you may want to preface your statement or idea again. The key part of lurking is gaining a sense of where the conversation is at. It’s actually free to pay attention.

4: Try to Stay On Topic: Some threads, like this one, are made with a specific purpose. Try and be respectful of that. People come to specific topic threads for that kind of discussion. There are other threads for more general talking (Bar Threads) and you will be more than welcome there. This is not a chat-room. As to the specifics of this rule, what consists as “on topic” is something related to either the show itself or a show-relevant argument. For instance if something that happened is reminiscent of Star Wars, that is fine to call out. If you are making a point about radio science and no one seems to understand it, an explanation is fine. If a point about the conversation needs to be made, make it. But remember, this is a place about RvB the show and all points of discussion should be able to be brought back to that. (Not all comments obviously, people can get distracted.)

5: Organize Your Thoughts: When reviewing the conversation in the thread, do not make an individual reply to everything. Try and make all of your points in one post with multiple replies. You can help distinguish where your statements are meant to go in the over-all conversation, but the “reply” function will help you for that. Mobile users also have a hard time editing posts sometimes, so it’s fine but please try to not spam.  Post-spamming really just gums up the page and doesn’t present you that well either.

6: Remember This a Group Effort: Like the previous point, this one is about not dominating the conversation. All of us are all on different internet connections with different speeds as well as having different schedules and circumstances that may effect when and how often we speak. If you have a lot to say, a double post may be appropriate, but try to leave time and space for someone else to talk too. If you are the last person to have posted and you have a really cool new idea, give it a half hour or so if you can. This is talking WITH people, not AT them.

7: Have Fun: That’s right, we should all be here because we enjoy Red vs Blue and that is the most important thing. We are the greatest online community for a reason and that is because we can all have a good and respectful time together sharing the things we like and maybe even things we don’t like but even that should be a fine experience. Let other people have their fun too. A new conversation may start up with other people, if you have nothing, leave them be. This is a place where we all should be able to talk and have a good time, try it.

And there is the long of the guidelines. We can’t predict everything that could happen, but following these generalities will help. We also need to work together to keep it fun and safe. Report trolling, flame-modding (where everything gets a -1 mod for no reason) , dishonorable conduct, and bullying. Team work makes the dream work, guys.

I can’t wait to get started talking about RvB in-depth with our reactions, analysis, theorizing, crackpottery, arguments, research, fangirl/boying, arguments and general fun. Before we go, the briefest of reminders: Don’t be an idiot or an asshole and look out for the Forum Yetti.

• Alexshow

Alexshow Time to change a thing..

#33562242 - 5 months ago

This should be...quite fun.

Red vs. Blue - Season 15: Episode 2, The Chronicle will be a near 10 minute episode, at a total length of 9 minutes and 57 seconds,.

Desc of Video: IDA Reporter Dylan Andrews begins her search for the Reds and Blues in Blood Gulch Canyon with the help of a new cameraman.

The first thing I do wonder, is who the new cameraman will be. We already had one in the previous episode, so did the head of IDA simply just get Dylan out, but not her previous cameraman? It'll be interesting to know who, so count me interested for tomorrow.

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33562244 - 5 months ago

In reply to Alexshow

That IS an interesting development. 

Good use of spoilers for here.

And where are you finding this info?

• Alexshow

#33562251 - 5 months ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008

It's on the schedule.

• Agent_DC-1

Agent_DC-1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Master of Crackpots

#33562257 - 5 months ago

And now, I am here too. I am the MoABCT(Master of Acronyms, Botany, and Crackpot Theories)!

• darkside1215

darkside1215 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Junky Old Robot

#33562280 - 5 months ago

In reply to Alexshow

Wonder why they switched the cameraman. Also, can't wait to see Sister and how Dylan will react to her.

• Alexshow

#33562286 - 5 months ago

In reply to darkside1215

If anything, Sister may think that Dylan may be another fucking cop. I'm also now wondering, if the previous cameraman is dead; he/she will have the same fucking armor that the previous had. Which, makes me question the budget that Dylan has, even as an inter-galactic journalist.

• AgentWashingtub008

#33562300 - 5 months ago

In reply to Alexshow

Why would camera dude be dead?   For all we know he was just freelance and stayed on planet or something.  Or it's a second camera man paired with the first.  I need to watch the trailer again, but there's the one that said he needed "them" to do it again for the camera.  Yeah, I'm gonna watch and see if there's any hint of more than one person or if the VA is the same. For one of them...

EDIT

Yeah, that's DEFINITELY a different VA on the snow planet with Dylan, but with nearly (if not completely) identical suit.  My guess is it's the standard military reporter camera-suit.  Still don't see why the first one has to be dead though.

• Alexshow

#33562304 - 5 months ago

I should've said, that perhaps the head of the IDA just kept the previous in bars and replaced it so that way, the new one can keep watch encase if Dylan cuts her feed from the head of the IDA.

• ragusa33

ragusa33 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Goose Master

#33562307 - 5 months ago

Damn it, I just wanna see my Reds & Blues already!gus

• Alexshow

#33562314 - 5 months ago

In reply to ragusa33

Technically, you are going to see a red in the morning..

• AgentWashingtub008

#33562319 - 5 months ago

In reply to Alexshow

Are you color blind? Sister's a blue.

• Alexshow

#33562320 - 5 months ago

Oh, what if she isn't even a blue at all? What if she, is truly a purple soldier?

• duketheluke

duketheluke FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Rvb: Project Genesis

#33562331 - 5 months ago

I don't get it, what's the gray guy so upset about?

• SailorGirl81

SailorGirl81 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper Of Kittens

#33562378 - 5 months ago

I thought the WHOLE point of a "FIRST ONLY" thread was that we would NOT HAVE TO USE SPOILERS.  Or am I wrong?

• PannakinCrybaby

PannakinCrybaby FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33562383 - 5 months ago

In reply to SailorGirl81

Indeed whats the point of a new thread ?  Might as well go back to the old one

• PannakinCrybaby

PannakinCrybaby FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33562384 - 5 months ago

So whats the deal are we staying here with no spoiler tags or going back to the old thread with spoiler tags ?

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33562394 - 5 months ago

So when does the episode release.  

• PannakinCrybaby

#33562403 - 5 months ago

Its out now but its still confusing on where we are talking 

• duketheluke

duketheluke FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Rvb: Project Genesis

#33562404 - 5 months ago

Shit, anyone got a link to the episode? I can't seem to find it.

Cancel that found it

• PannakinCrybaby

#33562405 - 5 months ago

Vic nice 

• PannakinCrybaby

#33562406 - 5 months ago

Meta 2.0 can talk all right 

• ashleyeks

ashleyeks FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#33562409 - 5 months ago

Enjoyed this episode. Some thoughts:

Dylan has to watch the entirety of the Blood Gulch Chronicles before she keeps going with the plot. Lol.

It was nice seeing Sister again. I'm glad she's got her own business going on, apparently. The Bechdel test joke was funny.

The camera man sometimes sounds like Burnie but then he doesn't, so I'm guessing he's not played by him. Either way, I was a little annoyed by Jax (?) at first but he got better as the episode went on. 

Did not expect to see Unicorn-esque guy so soon. His appearance and his gun are really interesting. But I have no clue who he is or how he's gonna be tied to this entire thing.

• duketheluke

#33562410 - 5 months ago

Damn unicorn-man's voice is badass! That episode was great!

I wonder if the joke about "Better you didn't know" about whether or not Dylan pulled the plug on VIC is a thing to make people wonder if he's alive or not and just create discussion, or if it'll end up being a real plot point... my theory still stands. The first 14 seasons were VIC's rise to power. You saw those glitches. He's ascending.

• Alexshow

#33562418 - 5 months ago

*Silently lowers down my hat, in memorial of the passing of V.I.C.*

An outstanding episode for Joe Nicolosi, with a great amount of humor; and that it is absolutely great to see characters like Sister and V.I.C. once again. He has so-far, with the two episodes in; done a fantastic job as I can't wait to see what happens, and who in the literal fuck that Unicorn badass is.