Forums > The Oxford Comma Cafe

OCC Planning: RTX 2017

Posts (943)

• Fly

Fly Keeper of Blades

#33608621 - 2 years ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008

You know what I would do if I arrived in Austin a few hours early? 

tumblr_me9t02byOM1ryb0hd.gif

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33608628 - 2 years ago

In reply to Fly

Where though?  I'm pretty useless at sleeping unless I'm horizontal.

• Fly

Fly Keeper of Blades

#33608633 - 2 years ago

anything can be horizontal if you try hard enough...

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33608636 - 2 years ago

In reply to Fly

I want to talk about sleeping in public buy you used one of my few trump card comments so I'm just going to narrow my eyes and nod my assent.

[Narrows eyes and nods]

I suppose I could get my goody bag and badge as early as possible and sleep in my spot in line.  I need to find a Simmons cosplayer.

• Izayer

Izayer Keeper of Stories

#33608639 - 2 years ago

In reply to RWBimbie

Has the Rudys dinner been announced yet?

• MrFusion

MrFusion FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Calm Like A Bomb

#33608671 - 2 years ago

I'm just trying to figure out which Rudy's location.  I'm assuming 360...

• Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Logics

#33608684 - 2 years ago

In reply to Izayer

Looks like we're still talking.

Sorry, guys - some life stuff came up. I will secure the booking tomorrow. Right now we're looking at 21 guests, total, plus a couple community members who might be swinging by.

• Lamkia

Lamkia

#33608756 - 2 years ago

In reply to Izayer

In reply to RWBimbie

There's a bus that goes straight from the airport to downtown. It takes about 30 minutes and it only costs $1.25. Something to consider if you don't want the hour long round trip and to save some gas.

As much as I'd like to join you guys for lunch, I think it would be better if I were to meet up with you guys afterwards. By the time I get my stuff together, catch the bus, check in, and settle into my room, it'll probably be near 3 or 4pm. I plan on bringing a sandwich or something with me for lunch anyway. Although it's a month away and plans might still change.

• Izayer

Izayer Keeper of Stories

#33608771 - 2 years ago

In reply to Lamkia

Do you have your flight times? 

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33608787 - 2 years ago

What Austin time frame are you talking about?

11pm Redeye is arriving in Austin 11pm or leaving your town 11pm?

Do you need a breakfast Firday activity or ??

• Joron093

Joron093 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of The Forges

#33608791 - 2 years ago

Jaron and myself are scheduled to arrive in Austin on Thursday morning, check in with MrWartburg, and get our badges.  Then the SQ auction is that evening and we'll be heading to that as well.  So between arriving and going to SQ, there will probably be some time for us to kill that day.

• MrWartburg

MrWartburg FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Team Fat

#33608880 - 2 years ago

In reply to Joron093

Definitely. Not sure what our fourth will be doing, as he doesn't frequent these parts, but I'm down for stuff.

• MrFusion

MrFusion FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Calm Like A Bomb

#33608887 - 2 years ago

In reply to Joron093

What time does the auction start? 7p?

• AgentWashingtub008

#33608890 - 2 years ago

In reply to RWBimbie

The second one, leaving home at 11pm, getting to Texas early AM, getting to hotel and throwing my bags behind the desk, and then killing time until the doors open.

• MrWartburg

MrWartburg FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Team Fat

#33608893 - 2 years ago

In reply to MrFusion

Ticket site says 8 -12 

• Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Logics

#33610185 - 2 years ago

dyGvOkx.gif

AND WE'RE BOOKED!

After trials, tears, me learning city ordinance codes, and a cycle of lies and deceit, we have a dinner.

July 7th, at 7pm to 10:30pm, at Salvation Pizza on Rainey St. 

- Expecting 21 guests, room for more.

- Here is the map.

- Here is what the building looks like.

- Here is what the actual place looks like.

@andytheciderman - they don't have cider, sorry.

• MrFusion

#33610189 - 2 years ago

In reply to Ratatoskr

I will be there.

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33610191 - 2 years ago

In reply to Ratatoskr

Thanks for the effort you put into this

So far it sounds like Thursday Rudys LateLunch is

Izayer 

Fusion

Bimbie

Who else is interested in late lunch on RTX Thursday?

• Ratatoskr

#33610200 - 2 years ago

In reply to RWBimbie

I might be up for ribs. Can't say yet.

• MrFusion

#33610204 - 2 years ago

In reply to RWBimbie

2ish?

• SailorGirl81

SailorGirl81 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper Of Kittens

#33610208 - 2 years ago

In reply to Ratatoskr

I'll be there as soon as I am finished with Guardian duties. 

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33610210 - 2 years ago

Bimbie is avail any time, 

Izayer is coming in that morning,

Fusion is leaning towards 2pm (??)

Ratatoskr is lightly penciled in with a 6H lead

Lamkia said dont wait for her (but we might return with Take-Out Rudys for her),

We should throw a shout at Ooaul, SusanTurp, and the other locals to see if they are taking Thursday off

• Ratatoskr

#33610213 - 2 years ago

In reply to RWBimbie

Actually, that's a damned fine idea. @Lamkia - Want some take-out?

How do you want to ping the locals? Via this thread?

• Lamkia

Lamkia

#33610246 - 2 years ago

In reply to RWBimbie

In reply to Ratatoskr

I actually said "awww" out loud when I read that. You guys are awesome c:

Ask me again when it gets closer (or I'll tell you if I remember) and I'll let you know about my food situation. 

Also - YAAAAAAASSSS the place is booked!

• Newromancer

Newromancer

#33610257 - 2 years ago

You know I'll be turning up. Can't think of a better way to spend my 27th birthday then with you fine folks.