Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

strongbadia
The New WH40k ThreadYay we got our own boring forum! weeeeee....

So whats everyones thoughts on the newest SM codex? Or the upcoming Tyranid Codex?
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Cool
26,274 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
PeterJ842
In reply to strongbadia, #1:

Sorry to say But wrong forum to put it in and anyways what Is it???
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 20 Noob
monkeyman24
yay our own forum i feel happy for some reason
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
CGD lamethrower
First of all, not wrong forum.
To the other dude: SM codex sounds really bad... if you get my point
#4  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
Refractor
I actually started with WH Fantasy back in like 95, EVERYONE in the neighborhood played it and I collected a rather large sized army of Bretonians. Eventually it kinda fazed out and it wasnt untill around 2000 that I statred dabbling with WH40k. It was pretty sweet but it was very time consuming and very expensive. I played it on and off for a few years but I could never decide on what army to collect. I started out with Dark Angles, which was pretty short lived, I never had very many. Later I tried Tau and aquired a decent sized army but grew bored with them. Finally I started collecting Necrons, which were pretty cool. I found them to be a little overly dark and gothic though (yes, I realize that this is the theme behind all of WH40k). Eventually, because of college and the cost and time required to play, I stopped, but it was fun while it lasted.

#5  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
staigscrane

im have kinda mixed feelings on the new 'nids. mainly cos i only just finished my army with the old models. now they bring out new ones and i may have to rethink my strategies. plus i need to buy another codex.
but i guess the new models do look kinda cool. never did like the last carnifex.
#6  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
staigscrane
legion of the damned are available to buy on gamesworkshop online again! just for those that were interested cos it was a topic on the old forum.
#7  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
strongbadia
In reply to staigscrane, #7:

Yah the new nids look rather nice I think......and SM Codex stands for Space Marine...sickos :P

I like all the new stuff in the new codex, but I have noone to play with so Im really starting to miss the game.
#8  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
strongbadia
In reply to PeterJ842, #2:

WH40k is short for Warhammer 40k...a tabletop strategy game using models for your army's units.
#9  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
CGD lamethrower
In reply to strongbadia, #8:

I know it stands for space marine, but it still sounds wrong.
#10  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
A_Morpheus Sponsor
i should be going to GW tonight to sort out my dudes and get replacement Hammerhead cos the last one was a miscast and half the engine was missing
#11  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Gantrithor
I play fantasy and 40K, but I prefer 40K. It's less rigid when it comes to the rules for movement and all that. I got tired of units being right next to mine, but unable to be seen... I have about 2,000 pts of Tau, and about the same number of points for Beastmen (fantasy). I haven't played either in a long while, though, since no one I know at school plays much.
#12  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
The_Shaunz
WH40K is pretty sweet although im stuck in the old days (I think 2 editions ago?) with my orks :D
personally i think GW has better games on the smaller scale for example Warhammer Quest, GorkaMorka and Blood Bowl; but thats just my opinion
#13  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
strongbadia
In reply to The_Shaunz, #13:

Hey man, everyone loves 2nd edition orcs. We have the old codex sitting around somewhere. Its always a good read.
#14  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SimRicard
i think the new techmarine in ace! (if you particularly want 2 see 1 there is a pic in my images)
#15  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
strongbadia
In reply to SimRicard, #15:

The new techmarine is badass. I love it. Someday Ill get around to posting some reliable news/rumors about new stuff coming in for 40k.
#16  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
r0xx0rz
In reply to strongbadia, #16:

I love the space marine codex, now it means I can take on a Chaos army with an army thats not bland, but one thats got character. New Whirlwind is very cool also.
#17  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
The_Shaunz
Are the orcs in the new edition any good?
sorry but i gotta know

#18  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
strongbadia
In reply to The_Shaunz, #18:

No Idea, but hopefully after they get done with nids and black templar theyll do orcs. Ive got a small orc army sitting around. Someday Ill get to try it out.
#19  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
r0xx0rz
In reply to strongbadia, #19:

Orks and Eldar really need to be re-released (We want Harlequins!)

P.S Check out my Warhammer book thread
#20  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
A_Morpheus Sponsor
well i just recently had my ass handed to me by an armoured company, 6 TANKS!!!!, though my hammerhead did blow one tank up in one turn of shoting, it was a 245 point tank, also i hate chaos veichles
#21  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
staigscrane
In reply to A_Morpheus, #21:

what have i been saying? armoured companies are hard ass. what was the match pointage?
#22  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Azmolial

As a huge 'nids gamer a new codex is well in order I need more unit 'cos I've exhausted almost every conversion possible
#23  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
lugarou
In reply to Azmolial, #23:

How huge of a Nids player?
#24  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
A_Morpheus Sponsor
In reply to staigscrane, #22:

#25  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
squigherder
I'm scared of the new 'nid codex coming out. Mostly because I'll be tempted to start a new army. Again.

I'm still working on my Sisters army. Looks sweet. Maybe I'll be able to get some pictures up when I finally get my digital camera in a few weeks.
#26  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
psycopath
In reply to squigherder, #26:

well though the man destroyed our old home I guess that he had some purpose for the actions, cause as the immortal emperor he is all knowing. . .

yeah no new reports on the front of Catachan today though I got a new computer and hope that it can run the new dawn of war, oh please run it!
#27  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
staigscrane
In reply to A_Morpheus, #25:

Six tanks in a 1000pts army? Thats pretty good going. My 2000pt army has nine tanks plus air support.
Speaking of which, behold my newly painted command tank:

#28  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
psycopath
In reply to staigscrane, #28:

nice!

*drools and prays to the emperor for the quartermasters to scew up again and send a Lemann Russ to his zone*
#29  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
A_Morpheus Sponsor
In reply to staigscrane, #28:

behold my not recently painted battlesuit

#30  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Cool
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 875 ] [ 876 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.