Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

strongbadia
The New WH40k ThreadYay we got our own boring forum! weeeeee....

So whats everyones thoughts on the newest SM codex? Or the upcoming Tyranid Codex?
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Cool
26,332 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Matheau
In reply to Lorcan0c, #25256:
How about a codex for an Eldar Craftworld? A Chaos Legion? Ork Warband? Tau Sept? Anything? No? More spehss mahreens? Okay then...

There was a Craftworld Codex, they didn't continue it because it doesn't make sense for a faction that lore wise is absolutely required to have the same exact units to make a separate codex to differentiate Craftworlds. That's how the Eldar Path of the Warrior works. All that Codex really did was screw around with the FoC to force you to make more "fluffy" armies. Usually it did that by "promoting" troops into Elites, Heavy Support, or Fast Assault, so you would never take them. Even so, at the scale it takes place, every Craftworld could field whatever units it wants. It might favor certain things, but they still have some of each of them or quick access to some of each of them.

According to the rumors, the Chaos Legion codex is including rules for each Legion, they just aren't making you buy a separate codex for each one like Space Marines.

I don't see how an Ork Warband codex would even work. Orks aren't organized. They are lucky to even get to a battle before infighting breaks out.

Tau Septs aren't factions. They have the same training and same equipment. The main difference between Septs is the percentage of Fire, Water, Air, and Earth castes on each one. However, since Fire is the only combat caste, it really doesn't matter. The only separate faction is the Farsight Enclave, but their codex would be "Can take Commander Farsight, can't take Ethereals."

Yeah, they do overdo it with Space Marines, but the response shouldn't be to compound the problem by making the same mistake with other factions. There are actually an absolute ton of Xenos codexes most people have never heard of because they already tried it.
#25,261  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swinnyjr
Chaos Legions, Chaos Demons, Chaos Renegades.
^^ What the next Chaos books SHOULD BE.
I want Blastmasters on Predators!!!!!
#25,262  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Thumper08 Sponsor
Sorry to change the topic, but has the Black Library or Games Workshop have ever talked about writing about the two missing primarchs? What became of their Legions? If I recall correctly the Legions would just follow the emperor until he found his lost son and the appropriate legion would have a new leader. If the two other primarchs were never found did the Legions fight in the Horus Heresy without a primarch? What happened to them afterwards since they are not listed with the other 1st founding legions. I feel this is a really interesting topic that at some point (if they haven't already) that needs to be addressed.
#25,263  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swinnyjr
In reply to Thumper08, #25263:

The closest they have ever got was in the book First Heretic where Magnus and Lorgar and talking, and Lorgar says he misses, and is about to speak one of their names but Magnus cuts him off, saying that he took the oath too therefore should not speak his name.

I too am very interested in the 2nd and 11th legions. Me and a friend joke how the 11th was just a legion of Stoners lead by Primarch Dave, and the 2nd was an all gay/female legion....
#25,264  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Thumper08 Sponsor
In reply to swinnyjr, #25264:

I would love to hear about what happened to these two legions. Two thousand Astartes unaccounted for in the canon is kinda interesting, especially if it's during the Horus Heresy era.
#25,265  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Necrothrall
In reply to Thumper08, #25265:

Its probably more like twenty thousand unaccounted astartes, the legions were much bigger than the current chapters
#25,266  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nanosuit

Bet my internet credibility that either Dan Abnet or Graham McNeil is going to write it.
#25,267  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swinnyjr
In reply to swinnyjr, #25264:

I would love to hear about what happened to these two legions. Two thousand Astartes unaccounted for in the canon is kinda interesting, especially if it's during the Horus Heresy era.

Well, a lot of people speculate that theres a reason the Ultramarines were the biggest legion out of the lot of them by a long way.....
#25,268  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nrthstar
In reply to nanosuit, #25267:

Nothing wrong with Abnet, maybe not McNeil though, he doesn't impress me as much. Who knows, maybe the Black Library will just give up and let Ward start writing.
#25,269  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nanosuit
In reply to nrthstar, #25269:

Oh hell no....
#25,270  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Necrothrall
In reply to nrthstar, #25269:

the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up at the thought
#25,271  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nrthstar
Haha I hadn't posted for awhile, figured I'd come back with something disturbing. But hell, they already let Ward canon in a cod,.. crap I just threw up in my mouth remembering the Drago's new lore....

I'm a bit stoked right now, I'm about to drive to my neighboring city and old home to grab some of the new Space wolves. My old shop is kind enough to reward frequent shopping with 40% off coupons, time to put them to use.
#25,272  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
nrthstar
So i've been unable to build anything recently, so I know i'm a bit behind on my feelings for the new sw stuff, but man i wish I could afford to bits bash a few of the new thunderwolf kits. I love the new shields, chestpieces, etc. Definitely going to make another Spear of Russ for one of my new thunderwolves to carry. All my previous models were Mr. Dandy so these are definitely going to be a little small, but much easier to hide behind terrain/vehicles.
#25,273  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nrthstar
space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/2012/04/wolf-and-sister-part-... It's back. Darkseer said he put this in the forums somewhere, just not sure where in the webcomics section, but I figured I'd drop it here too! Great 40k webcomic.
#25,274  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swinnyjr
so anyone planning on going to Gamesday?
One of the Imperial Fist companies will be done by my local (so I will probably have a hand in doing them, as I know how to paint yellow...well no I did, then the new paints came out)
#25,275  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Lorcan0c MoonWizard
In reply to swinnyjr, #25275:

No thanks. Last year was utter anarchy... I've seen riots had better coordination than that! I had to wait almost TWO HOURS in line just to get my forge world stuff....
#25,276  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nrthstar
Thought about it, but I think I'll be heading to the beach instead. Chicago is a heck of a trip and doesn't sound fun solo.
#25,277  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Zaeon Gottagofast
I'll be at the adepticon team tourney next sat!
#25,278  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
nanosuit
Unfortunately, i won't have time for 40K matters. Shame.
#25,279  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Lorcan0c MoonWizard
Here I am for a brief 40k related update:

1. I picked up some second hand Iron Warriors Chaos Space Marines for a fair price. A metal dreadnought with close combat claw and Plasma cannon, 6 Havocs, an Aspring Champion, 2 marines with flamers, with with plasma and 7 Rubric Marines, all old, metal and 2nd / 3rd edition, for about 60

2. An artist friend of mine volunteered to draw my Tau Fire Warrior OC (Original Character) in her off-duty personal wear.

Here is the result:

Yeah, somehow I took a Fire Warrior,

and made it into this? Something is very wrong with me.
#25,280  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Delsym tHlingan maH
As an avid Tau player, I approve of the above image.

For the Greater Good!
#25,281  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Lorcan0c MoonWizard
In reply to Delsym, #25281:

Glad you approve.

Speaking of Tau, watch this B-movie trailer. If that's not a Tau, I don't know what is.
#25,282  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swinnyjr
In reply to Lorcan0c, #25282:

Tau mixed with Boba Fett.....
#25,283  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Lorcan0c MoonWizard
In reply to swinnyjr, #25283:

Which would be awesome...
#25,284  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swinnyjr
In reply to Lorcan0c, #25284:

It does look like its worth watching.
#25,285  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Lorcan0c MoonWizard
In reply to swinnyjr, #25285:

If only for the Tau, yeah. It's on Netflix.
#25,286  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
swinnyjr
Well. If anyone is interested, the new Horus Heresy book The Primarchs is so far proving to be a really good read.
#25,287  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Thundarbunny
Can someone explain to me why Blood Angels and Necrons have all of a sudden become chummy with each other in the storyline?
#25,288  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Lorcan0c MoonWizard
In reply to Thundarbunny, #25288:

Because Matt Ward is a f*cking MORON who shouldn't be allowed to write anything, ever.
#25,289  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
Thundarbunny
In reply to Lorcan0c, #25289:

And it all makes sense now
#25,290  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 842 ] [ 843 ] [ 844 ] ... [ 877 ] [ 878 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.