Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

ErokDragun Forum Mod
Comic Book Trivia & DiscussionThis is the brand spanking new comic book thread in the proper forum.

Virgil has the first trivia question, and as for a discussion topic, I will drop this.....Who wears the mask, Batman, or Bruce Wayne?

Trivia rules are pretty simple, one person ask, one answers, one point is given. These are fly by night rules and not always followed, but lets tryt o have no more than two ongoing questions at any one time, thanx!
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 11 Cool
23,389 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
CobraComnder
In reply to ErokDragun, #1:

Batman wears the mask of Bruce Wayne cause he only uses the Bruce Wayne persona when dealing with things involving Wayne Tech Enterprises, formal functions, etc.....but underneath the playboy image he is a paranoid, obsessesive individual determined to end crime almost to the point of by any means necessary.
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Virgil2127 Sponsor

Oh thank goodness! I was afraid you guys were loosing interest.

Geeze, its kind of sad how much this thread is worth in my life.

Anyway, for the trivia question, since its the first in the thread, I'm just going to go easy on you guys instead of bringing up some huge history-of-comics-style question. This one, instead, is going to be from recent comic book history.

How does Black Widow trick Thor in the latest issue of Ultimates?

As for the discussion question, I would have to say that Bruce Wayne wears the mask of Batman wears the mask of Bruce Wayne. So there's three layers . . . the superficial playboy Wayne, the hardliner Batman we all saw in "Bruce Wayne: Murderer?" and then, buried extremely, extremely deep, Bruce Wayne's true personalitiy, which is often hard to distinguish, but I think its present.
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Qwirtle
In reply to Virgil2127, #3:

By pretending to be part of his lil group of worshippers?
#4  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Virgil2127 Sponsor
In reply to Qwirtle, #4:

Good guess, Qwirtle, but Natasha's deception was a little more . . . womanly (i.e. think something only a woman could really pull off).
#5  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Yoming

bruce wears the bat-mask, plain and simple. and here's why:

the whole bruce-is-the-suit was a theory cooked up by those who don't appreciate the pain of wayne. he's the source, man. batman wasn't born when bruce's parents were shot down, robin was. the idea of robin as the orphan and batman is the foster-father is the truest essence. batman just has the distinction of having to be the first robin, so he had to put himself through the training to become bats.

and ever since, he has continued the tradition. so bruce is the real guy, since it is from his pain that robin was born, through his strength did the first robin became batman, and through his persevernce that he heads into the bat-cave everyday and sheds the only humanity he has left to become one with the night. but daybreak, heant put that humanity back on. and does. so blah!
#6  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
LinksLove

So is this the official end of the old comic thread? D'you think they'll lock it soon? Anyway, i like that this one is prefaced with discussion allowability. So, cool beans...be back later.
#7  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
Chupathingie
In reply to LinksLove, #7:

woo-hoo! New thread!

I agree with LL!
#8  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LinksLove
In reply to Chupathingie, #8:

Thank ya.

Did someone say that last question was answered now? Cause i just thought of a pretty good 'not hard' question while i was in the superhero thread a sec. ago...
#9  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Qwirtle
In reply to Virgil2127, #5:

Crap, I only just recently read it in Ultimates#2.....

She did something and they went running into a forest then Nick Fury let his followers go....crapcrapcrap...

She seduced him, and hefted his mighty hammer?
#10  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Virgil2127 Sponsor
In reply to Qwirtle, #10:

Close . . . just think about something Natasha could get away with saying and not . . . say . . . Tony.

The question is still out there, folks.
#11  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
EagleMan BSc BEd
In reply to Yoming, #6:

Wow! A nice new forum with a nice new thread! Everyone remeber to take off your shoes and don't spill your drinks! It's amazing that there are so many anime/comic fans that they had to make a forum for them all. That's great.

Discussion: Batman totally wears the mask. The older Bruce gets, the less he is Bruce and the more he is Batman. If he was really Bruce Wayne, he'd find time for all of those pretty ladies that he makes (and breaks) dates with, instead of spending time in a satellite on the moon.
#12  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LPredator13
In reply to EagleMan, #12:

a new thread. snap.
#13  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LinksLove
In reply to EagleMan, #12:

I think Bruce Wayne just very much is Batman, not that he just wears the mask of the character, or hides under him. Because i dont think it really makes sense that Batman is the whole, real individual that just puts on Bruce Wayne as a costume, either. And i dont know that this is makeing sense really. Cause 'Bruce Wayne' as the world knows him is a rich ladies' man, and that is only a tiny part of him shown on the surface to people at parties and what not, so that's clearly not the real him. But i dont think the 'Dark Knight' is completely him either.
I think he is Bruce Wayne, the man, that struggles with self, and the shadows of the past, and the crime fighter man of justice- Batman, just also happens to be a very big part of who he is....am i just rambling or was any of that concievable? Yeah, so those are my thoughts on the subject.
#14  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to LinksLove, #14:

wow, this is a good discussion...and damn you Virgil..I have yet to get the newest Ultimates, so I am completely out of it.

To me Batman is the rela person and Bruce Wayne is the mask Bats puts on...I say this b/c of Neil Gaiman. When Morpheus died, and there was a wake that every person who sleeps attended, we see both Superman, and Batman there in their dream selves...well correction, we see Clark Kent and Batman there. If Wayne dreams of himself as Batman at a wake where the Endless woudl make you come as you are, then that makes Bats the real character, and Bruce just another one of his mask.....he has a few, such as Matches Malone
#15  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
LPredator13
In reply to ErokDragun, #15:

i think that bats is the real being as well. bruce is just the front. i agree a lot with CobraComnder. all of his problems is what his life is all about, and his messed up personality that deals with that and attempts to fix the problems is bats. bruce is just there to hid the problems in a normal society.
#16  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Qwirtle
In reply to ErokDragun, #15:

Well, one way of looking at it is this.

Everyone knows Batman was born when Bruce saw his parents killed. Since that time, he has devoted his very self to training and his entire life to becoming an agent of justice so that no one should ever suffer the same fate as him (he does NOT do it because he wants revenge on crime, as many people think). Therefore, if there was a Bruce Wayne persona, it would only have developed up to a 12 yr olds level of maturity. Anything else, is Batman taking over.
#17  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to Qwirtle, #17:

yeah good way of putting it.....did y'all know that Batman was overlooked as a Green Lantern b/c of fear. It is what drives him, the fear of another child ending up like him.
#18  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
LPredator13
In reply to ErokDragun, #18:

really? when was this, because i don't remember that at all. but it makes sense. fear is the exact opposite of willpower, which drives the green lanterns. willpower drives gls to fight, fear drives bats.
#19  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to LPredator13, #19:

I do believe it was when Hal had left and either Jon Stewart or Guy Gardner was selected...the also passed over Supes, but only b/c the representative of a sector must be form that sector, and Supes is an alien
#20  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
LPredator13
In reply to ErokDragun, #20:

that makes sense. i think it went to guy before it went to john. and then to hal, and then to kyle, and now it's going back to hal...and all the while alan scott and jade have their unique green powarzzz.
#21  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to LPredator13, #21:

I think Hal shoudl have stayed dead....I much prefer Kyle
#22  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Qwirtle
In reply to ErokDragun, #22:

Yeah, I mean c'mon a manga nut with a power ring!!

Whereas Hal just made boxing gloves....or shot beams from his ring
#23  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
LPredator13
In reply to Qwirtle, #23:

i definalty admit i like kyle more, and he used the ring in a much more interesting/jawsome way, but we all knew hal was going to come back the moment we went crazy in the first place. even after he died, we knew he'd come back. basic comic book hero knowledge. they never go away for good.
#24  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
Qwirtle
In reply to LPredator13, #24:

BTW guys, head over to my journal, and see if u find the same things funny as i do!!
#25  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Virgil2127 Sponsor
In reply to LPredator13, #24:

I'm actually beginning to like Hal a little, just in lieu of the Green Lantern: Rebirth series. I like Hal as a well-rounded character, when he's someone whose cocky, brash and impulsive. In Rebirth, during a flashback, he's being trained by Green Lantern Sinestro, who tells him never to challenge someone more powerful than he is. Hal's response is "Yeah, that's not going to work for me."

Unfortunately, there's still some people out there who want Hal back purely because he is fearless and noble and perfect . . . I really don't like that version of Hal. I mean, in Hard-Travelling Heroes he was just a foil for the much cooler Oliver Queen, and I guess people just took note of that and kept using Hal as a bland foil until it was overdone.

I do agree that Kyle is much cooler though. His characterization is much more consistent. I like his line "Self-doubt? C'mon, man, you're dealing with the Jerry Springer generation!" He's a lot more fun to watch in action, too. Also, in Rebirth, he pretty much keeps from being possessed by this Parralax creature basically because he's NOT fearless . . . because he knows his limits so well. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in both the last issue of Rebirth and the upcoming Thrann/Rangar War, which also features Kyle.
#26  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
LPredator13
In reply to Virgil2127, #26:

i just hope they don't completely blow him off, and he stays around when they start the series over again at issue #1.
#27  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Virgil2127 Sponsor
In reply to LPredator13, #27:

From what I heard, I don't think he's present at Issue #1, because that's at the time the Thrangar/Rann War is taking place, but I really hope he comes back later.
#28  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Skyline4388
How does Black Widow trick Thor in the latest issue of Ultimates?

She says that she and Tony were 3 months pregnant.
#29  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
Virgil2127 Sponsor
In reply to Skyline4388, #29:

Correct! That was my favorite part of the whole comic. "Ohhhh! The baby! What did you do! I'm three months pregnant, you idiot! Me and Tony haven't told anyone!"

Thor looks totally stunned.

"Sucker!" Natasha starts shooting right in Thor's face.

Skyline4388 has the next question.

#30  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 779 ] [ 780 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.