You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

ErokDragun Forum Mod
Comic Book Trivia & DiscussionThis is the brand spanking new comic book thread in the proper forum.

Virgil has the first trivia question, and as for a discussion topic, I will drop this.....Who wears the mask, Batman, or Bruce Wayne?

Trivia rules are pretty simple, one person ask, one answers, one point is given. These are fly by...
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 11 Cool
23,389 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Surutar
Has anybody else here read the B.P.R.D's? I just finished Gods and Monsters, and I feel very...conflicted. As much as I love the series, it feels like the story is just placing the team as dysfunctional and self-absorbed with everyone against each other. I found B.P.R.D. and Hellboy have both been changing and evolving, and I am still excited to see what will happen next. But hopefully they will smarten up and save the world.

I will say though, at first I didn't like Ben Daimio but now that he is all crazy Incan were-cougar, he has become respectable and an interesting player.
#23,101  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iamcevrus2
In reply to Surutar, #23101:

2012 is literally BPRD: Hell on Earth.
#23,102  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Rainywish
Anyone hear read DMZ? I got into it about a month ago
#23,103  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Rainywish
here*
#23,104  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iamcevrus2
In reply to Rainywish, #23103:

Hoping they just omnibus the whole series, picked up the first volume at the local library to check it out and loved it.
#23,105  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Surutar
In reply to iamcevrus2, #23102:

It does seem to fit it the way the story is going.
#23,106  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Rainywish
In reply to iamcevrus2, #23105:

thank god they started putting comics and what not in the library
#23,107  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iamcevrus2
I remember back when it first came out my local library actually had the trades for Sandman, but then didn't get many new ones for years. Now though.....it's nice seeing Fables, American Vampire, plenty of Hellblazer, and tons of other stuff pop up for no apparent reason in there.
#23,108  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Yoming
while i was living in frankfort, that library had an awesome stash of comics, just about everything written by grant morrison, and that shaped my reading habits for most of the last decade
#23,109  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Rainywish
don't know if you guys had this but you could request comics for your library to get next. Someone suggested Hellblazer but unfortunately the librarian didn't read the suggestion correctly or something and ended up getting hellraiser. lol'd so hard when I saw her shocked look when reading it for the first time
#23,110  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Qwirtle
Tbh, reading hell blazer should also shock her lol
#23,111  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to Qwirtle, #23111:

more so
#23,112  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Rainywish
Anyone reading marvel recently. Thoughts on the X-Men vs. Avengers thing coming up?
#23,113  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iamcevrus2
In reply to Rainywish, #23113:

Honestly, I hope Bendis goes back to smaller stuff. Remove Loeb from anything that matters. And make it so Heinberg has to have everything in before soliciting anything from him.

Those 3 writers have gutted anything I could possibly feel about AvX
#23,114  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
EagleMan BSc BEd
While Cevrus has some valid points, I've been following most of Marvel pretty closely since Disassembled, so I'm looking forward to this culmination of all the events. Especially since they (finally) finished Young Avengers: Children's Crusade. I'm most interested to see here Wolverine and Magneto fall in the divide. And with the creative team they have, a few reservations aside, is pretty top notch, so I think it will be great.

I know people like to get down on Loeb, but I like a lot of his work, especially the "colour" books (Spidey Blue, Hulk Grey, etc). He can be a good writer, but maybe he needs to be watched more closely. With writers like Hickman and Bendis working with him, I think it will be quality.

BTW, Heinberg is not involved with AvX. My thoughts on the team:

Brian Bendis - I love his work on Avengers, and his previous work on USM. Yes, his chatty style doesn't fit every title, but it totally worked with the teenagers in USM and with the chatty cast of Avengers.
Jason Aaron - I'm a little iffy on him. Schism was okay, and I didn't read Curse of the Mutants (but the idea was dumb)
Jonathan Hickman - He single-handedly rescued Fantastic Four from becoming just another comic. He looked back at the original purpose of the Fantastic Four and brought it back to its roots. I trust him completely with this.
Ed Brubaker - His run on Captain America is one of the best stories I have read in a long time. He's good.
Matt Fraction - Let me throw out a couple titles: Iron Man, Thor, Fear Itself, X-Men: Second Coming. Fraction's also at the top of his game. His experience with both the X-Men and Avengers teams will be an asset.

John Romita Jr - Honestly, I don't like him that much. He's not terrible, but it's just not my style. His faces always seem to be very boxy and I think the sketchy shading/detail he does makes the pictures look muddy. Not a bad choice, but not great, IMO.
Olivier Coipel - Awesome. Great pick. Pulse, Thor, House of M. Rising young talent, and I'm eager to see his work.
Adam Kubert - Proven talent. However, Adam has this nasty habit of getting bored with his projects and getting sloppy. You can see this with Ultimate X-Men, where he stopped doing backgrounds on most panels by issue 9! I hope that doesn't happen with this series. Could be trouble.
#23,115  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
iamcevrus2
In reply to EagleMan, #23115:

Loeb is a good writer, but look at what you just listed: Spider-Man Blue and Hulk Grey. Let me throw something else out there: Superman/Batman. His greatest stories are those where continuity are a bit murky. Bendis does this in spades as well. Which is actually what a story of this nature doesn't need either of them writing. They could have given the two of them editorial credits, which I'm sure they have anyways when it really comes down to it, and the group of 4 writers actually looks a lot better.

#23,116  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Surutar
In reply to EagleMan, #23115:

I completely agree with John Romita Jr, I find his art style so unappealing, like they all have flat faces. When I went from Planet Hulk to World War Hulk, I was immediately discouraged because of the artwork.
#23,117  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
EagleMan BSc BEd
In reply to Surutar, #23117:

Yay! Finally, someone who agrees with me! Someone who doesn't just think he's great because of his dad, or how long he's been in the industry. Again, he's not terrible. There are worse people *cough*liefeld*cough*, but i definitely don't like it that much. Like Chris Bacchelo's thick line phase. All his other stuff is great, but I didn't care for his stuff from late GenX, through X-Men, and to just a few months ago, when he toned down the lines a bit.
#23,118  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Qwirtle
Meh, I'm not a fan of his art style either.
#23,119  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
ErokDragun Forum Mod
JRJR was alot better back in the day. his work on Daredevil was impressive.
#23,120  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
MrFusion RTX Guardian
In reply to ErokDragun, #23120:

Is it just me, or is JRJR's stuff becoming even more boxy than what I remember as a kid, and his huge Spiderman run?
#23,121  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
CapDac
Can anyone name 'em all? I tried and failed.

#23,122  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Firefly
In reply to CapDac, #23122:

This could take a while...

Kang, Zemo, The Hood, Dr. Doom, Hyde, Loki, Ultron, Wrecking Crew (does that count?)

Striker, HAZMAT, Veil (I think), don't know, Finesse, Reptile, Hank Pym as Wasp, Justice

Dr. Strange, Luke cage, Iron Fist, Mockingbird, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Jewel, Thing

Thor, Iron Man, Bucky Cap, jarvis, Hawkeye, Protector, Spider-woman

Nova, Cap, Black widow, Moon Knight, Valkyrie, Beast, Ant-Man, War Machine

Vision, Stature, Wiccan, Hawkeye, Hulkling, Patriot, Speed

Damn, thought I could get them all. Stupid Avengers Academy...
#23,123  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
ErokDragun Forum Mod
yeah, Wasp's team is not that old and I have only read a few of the comics. The rest are easy though.
#23,124  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Qwirtle
That's mettle ; going out with hazmat but x -23 is coming between them.
#23,125  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
EagleMan BSc BEd
In reply to Firefly, #23123:
In reply to CapDac, #23122:

Wrecking Crew (does that count?)
No it doesn't. Bulldozer, Wrecker, Thunderball, Piledriver
Reptile
Reptil

Not bad.

BTW, the artist's name is Marko Djurdjevic. Look him up. He's done TONS of Marvel stuff (enough for a coffee table book), and it's all awesome, and there are other compilation pics like this (one for X-Men, Spidey, Daredevil...)
#23,126  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
ErokDragun Forum Mod
In reply to EagleMan, #23126:

and this is why we all worship you as if you were a god
#23,127  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Qwirtle
In reply to EagleMan, #23126:

#23,128  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
EagleMan BSc BEd
In reply to Qwirtle, #23128:

#23,129  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Qwirtle
In reply to EagleMan, #23129:

Its the Spidey one you mentioned in your post, no? I thought I'd keep the trivia going with Round 2: Spiderman
#23,130  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 770 ] [ 771 ] [ 772 ] ... [ 779 ] [ 780 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.