Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

bolbol
Avatar: The Last AirbenderI got bored one day and decided to watch this show. It really surprised me.

I love the show's idea. Very original i have to say.

Anyone seen this show?
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Ditto
14,419 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Greenie That Guy
In reply to suppi_chan, #8268:

That would be pretty cool, but what I meant was when Sokka decided to train in the way of the sword, he decided it was time to stop kidding around and actually contribute to the group. As a result he attained the Space Sword. So Bolin getting his would mean the doing the same thing, and it's either that or he's put out of commission, either losing his bending or at worst dying. But it's a Nickelodeon show, I extremely doubt the latter.

And if they happen to visit a museum, or maybe a mausoleum, and the actual Space Sword is there, I'd probably explode with joy.

Post edited 4/23/12 12:48AM
#8,161  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Nevada Check it out
In reply to GR33NMaN, #8269:

Sokka lost it from the airship on the way to Ozai. :(
#8,162  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Greenie That Guy
In reply to Nevada, #8270:

Seventy years and not one person decided to find it? Or even randomly happen across it by chance. Though if that happened, it may not be in a museum.
#8,163  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
suppi Omega
In reply to GR33NMaN, #8269:

He'll go into space.

#8,164  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Nevada Check it out
In reply to GR33NMaN, #8271:

Burning wastelands tend to do that... unless some farmer plowed it up.
#8,165  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
suppi Omega
In reply to GR33NMaN, #8271:

It fell in the middle of a raging Ozai fire that was then flooded. Most likely is was carried out to sea or buried beneath ash and mud.
#8,166  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Robosheep
In reply to suppi_chan, #8274:

And then, it found its way to space. Somehow.

Where it shall be found by Brolin. When goes INTO SPACE!
#8,167  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
suppi Omega
In reply to Robosheep, #8275:

Yes.
#8,168  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Greenie That Guy
Well I'm still optimistic about it being seen again. If there can still be Zukattara fans out there, I can still expect the Space Sword's return.
#8,169  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Tb0ne
In reply to Aster, #8254:
In reply to TBSWK, #8253:

Oh I agree, Amon beats Ozai as a character a thousand times over. But Ozai was leader of an army that was dominating everything for roughly a hundred years. It's basically a villain who began with all the power, and a villain gaining power. I have high hopes for Amon, but time will tell.

I don't think one is better. They're set up to be entirely different villains. That final confrontation with Ozai wouldn't have nearly the impact if we saw him throughout the whole show. It was really only Avatar v Ozai in the final episodes of the show. Just because the interaction with Amon is immediate and direct initially doesn't make him a better villain. I think it's just the difference between the build up to an epic fight, and a longer drawn out and more personal fight.
#8,170  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Parafairy Palest Mex
I dunno, this Avatar is a lot darker than the other one was, which is awesome. ATLA was amazing in it's own right, but I love the older and darker feel this one now gives me. As for Amon, my coworker brought up an interesting point today. She said she heard the back of the neck part of Amon's spiritbending is an anxiety point. So Amon could be giving people anxiety and then they can't bend because they've got anxiety and then that scares them more when they actually discover they can't bend.

Also, I really want to see Amon's face now.
#8,171  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
go_wrench
Have they stated whether or not that Amon was the founder of the anti-bending movement or just it's current leader, because I'm starting to think that Ozai maybe was the founder of the anti-bending movement at it's very beginning.
Assuming that Amon is actually spiritbending, if he was a follower of Ozai, then he would undoubtedly know about it since it was how Aang defeated Ozai.
Plus, Avatar: The Promise has clearly indicated that Ozai's part in the Avatar's story isn't yet over.
#8,172  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Nevada Check it out
In reply to Parafairy, #8279:

Good luck with that. These two have a penchant for keeping faces covered. Zuko. Ozai. Ko.
#8,173  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bobomcgraw Bah Humbug
We're only as far as episode three, right?

I was watching the scene where they chase Amon's henchmen, and it was about ten seconds in when it dawned on me "Those guys are on motorbikes".

Post edited 4/23/12 4:26PM
#8,174  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Funny
Parafairy Palest Mex
In reply to Nevada, #8281:

A girl can dream...
#8,175  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Nevada Check it out
In reply to Parafairy, #8283:

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see it too. I'm just realistic about it.

Oh, and that goddamn teaser about Zuko's mom in the first episode? HEARTWRENCHING.
#8,176  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Parafairy Palest Mex
In reply to Nevada, #8284:

I was about to attempt to punch Ikki for interrupting Katara! GRAAAAAH!!!!
#8,177  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
sodafromyoda
In reply to Bobomcgraw, #8282:

Yeah, episode 3 and amazing amount has happened already. They easily could've danced around an actual confrontation with Amon for an entire season but they decided to dive right into it which I think is very smart.

A reply to the people saying that Ozai doesn't compare to Oman as a villain.
We saw Ozai when he already held immense power but we are only seeing Amon during his conniving and scheme stage, on the way towards immense power. But it must be remembered that Ozai was not the rightful heir to the fire nation throne and that he too had to scheme and maneuver his way to the top. Until Amon gains the sort of power that can begin to rival Ozai's, there's really no comparing the two. It's like comparing apples and oranges tangerines.
#8,178  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Aster Sponsor
In reply to sodafromyoda and Tb0ne, #8286:

You raise a very good point. Two totally different villains. It all comes down to preference.

Also, unrelated note but I really hope we get some answers about Zuko's mother at some point. The last series teased us with that little tidbit
#8,179  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
suppi Omega
#8,180  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Funny
Robosheep
In reply to suppi_chan, #8288:

And suddenly, my brain went to Tristan of Yugioh Abridged, and how his voice gives him super strength.
#8,181  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
RobbyMac217 DO THE THING
So I saw some of the titles for upcoming episodes. It looks like we will get a flashback episode but the title does spoil something big. One say it unless asked, in which case I'll PM you.
#8,182  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
suppi Omega
#8,183  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 7 Funny
TBSWK Best Sona NA
In reply to Robosheep, #8289:

But my hair gives me the power to defy gravity!
#8,184  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
gosimmons
In reply to Robosheep, #8289:

I'd say it was the scarf if he was still wearing it. That's some swagger.

In reply to RobbyMac217, #8290:

I'll speculate seeing the bros on the street. Will avoid spoilers until then.

#8,185  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Baraxis
Just watched the ep. It was fantastic. While my initial reaction to "The Revelation" was that Amon is a fraud, the more I think about it the more I think it's possible. He could've found some books about the Lion Turtle, connected to the Spirit Realm in some way. I don't think they would build that sort of threat up just to show that he was faking it.

I'm basically basing this on Tenzin's reaction. He obviously knows about Aang's defeat of Ozai and the details there, perhaps Aang even taught/told him about everything involved. He seemed to take it very seriously, rather than just shrug it off. Perhaps he's just being reasonable and cautious, but I think he knows more than what he lets on. Something big is up, I'm stoked to see it unfold over the season.

Post edited 4/23/12 9:49PM
#8,186  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Baraxis
Also also also holy FUCK was the animation and choreogrophy in that episode godamn BEAUTIFUL. The chi-blocking fight was stunning. I had high expectations for this show, and yet it has already blown me away.
#8,187  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Ditto
Robosheep
Amon apparently can not tell jokes (Sorry for the small size, I'm just passing these on, I don't know the original source.)

Though to be honest, I think they're actually pretty good. Mostly

#8,188  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 5 Funny
TBSWK Best Sona NA
In reply to Robosheep, #8296:

Please find a large blank template for these. I have plans, such plans.
#8,189  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
suppi Omega
In reply to Robosheep, #8296:

Original source is /co/ I think. At least, that's where the meme started...

#8,190  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 272 ] [ 273 ] [ 274 ] ... [ 480 ] [ 481 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.