Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
MonopolyI don't know what happened to this thread, but I think it needs to be back on here. I do think I am the right guy to put it up too.

So please discuss all things Monopoly! Like your favorite board, piece, experience, etc.

Monopoly
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Cool
940 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to Will_Parish, #839:

Indeed
#841  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
shadow13
Drinking Monopoly. Best. Game. Ever. And it can actually be done in a night without getting too terribly wasted.
#842  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to shadow13, #842:

Never played...
#843  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
shadow13
Side 1 (Slums in between Go and Jail) take one drink if you land on it and it is owned
Side 2 (Between jail and free parking) take two drinks if you land on it and it is owned.
Side 3 (Free parking and Go to jail) Take three drinks if you land on it and it's owned.
The green ones are four drinks and Boardwalk and Park place are 5 drinks.
For every house on the property take an additional drink and a hotel is 5.
If you land on a "bad" spot you take one drink and a "good" spot you give out one. Same thing with the chance adn community chest cards.
Utilities is one drink per number on the dice, two utilities is double.
If you land on free parking then you give out one drink per $100, rounded up.
Landing on Go you give out two drinks.

I think that I got all of the rules. And one drink isn't like a full beer, its a gulp or so.
#844  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to shadow13, #844:

As long as Monopoly takes then I think it is very possible to die from playing this game.
#845  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
shadow13
In reply to monopoly_j, #845:

It never takes that long. Once you get drunk judgment goes out the window and people start making deals.
#846  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to shadow13, #846:

That's a good point.
#847  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
I just finished playing MONOPOLY DEAL Card Game over lunch and it was a lot of fun. If you want the idea of Monopoly in a quick way this is the game for you!

#848  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
THECIA Sponsor
monopoly's still cool even though i don't play it anymore =)
#849  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
www.monopolycitystreets.com/

This looks awesome!

#850  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JTrain
I just got Monopoly Deal. It's a bit random, but fun and unlike actual Monopoly it's usually over in 15-20 minutes.
#851  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to JTrain, #851:

I have a lot of fun playing that with co-workers on breaks!
#852  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
allama66
Theresa computer monopoly. It was a freebie with Kelloggs or some thing. Its finishable. I think I've only finished the board game once and that was left on the floor for a long time. I'd never be able to do that now the girls would kill it
#853  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
WhenIDie7
Bjorn of Norway won the Monopoly world championships in Vegas on October 22.

Cool.

So anyways, I'm doing a speech in my...speech class...about Monopoly. I have the history and present day down...but I need information on the future. Can anyone help me with this?
#854  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to WhenIDie7, #854:

I did a term paper on Monopoly once?

Kind of hard for us to know the future really.
#855  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
camelic
In reply to monopoly_j, #67:

Here's a Halo 2 version of the board game: bit.ly/bfV9cu

Enjoy!
#856  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
Another Console game on the horizons:

Monopoly Streets
#857  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
Also the new Monopoly blows my mind!

In honor of Monopoly's 75th Anniversary, Hasbro is releasing MONOPOLY: Revolution Edition. What makes it new? A circular board, plastic pieces and an "electronic game pod" that plays music and keeps track of the money. So long, paper currency.

Also different are the dollar amounts: $200 for passing Go? P'shaw. That'll be $2 million, now.

You can still play as a dog or a shoe, but instead of the cool metal pieces that were actually shaped like a dog or a shoe, you get a clear plastic piece with an image of a dog or a shoe on it.

The "electronic game pod" will act as the banker (no more cheating), and will also play sounds like the rattle of a jail door closing, as well as songs both current (Rihanna's "Umbrella," Daniel Powter's "Bad Day") and classic (Elton John's "Rocket Man") according to materials provided by Hasbro.

The regular version of Monopoly will still be sold, according to a report on Gizmodo.

Monopoly fans already had a lot of choices to make. Those desperate to ditch the paper money can already pick up Monopoly Electronic Banking Edition. Then there are the numerous branded versions, such as Nintendo Monopoly, Monopoly Clone Wars (as in "Star Wars," in case you didn't know), and even the Monopoly video game for the Playstation 3. Gizmodo's John Herrman suggests that if you really want the ease of not dealing with cash, the video game route is probably the way to go.

Still, a quick perusal of the many Monopoly versions shows that the most revolutionary thing about this new edition is the round board. Look at the photo. It just looks like a different game.

MONOPOLY: Revolution Edition will be available this fall for a suggested retail price of $34.99, according to a company spokesperson.
#858  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
xXKamikazeXx
I like Monopoly City because whenever I play with my brother and friend, I get what I call a death pit, where I have max buildings, skyscrapers, and sometimes the monopoly tower. They end up losing on either the first or second time they land on my property. Oh and I do it on the cyan, the weird burgundy color, and the orange. I win every time.
#859  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
Anyone played Monopoly Revolution yet?
#860  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace

...............Luke 2:1-20

Merry Christmas From Monopoly_J

#861  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fire_rdr
do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars!!! gotta love monopoly!
#862  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Metamorph
my mom has about 15 different Monopoly games (collectors editions, Star Wars, some vintage ones, etc --she's a game board freak) I haven't played in years, but it's an awesome game.
#863  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to Metamorph, #863:

#864  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Metamorph
In reply to monopoly_j, #864:

huh?
#865  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
monopoly_j SavdeByGrace
In reply to Metamorph, #865:

Awesome!

That is the awesome button...
#866  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Metamorph
I learn something new every day.

Thanks!
#867  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
freddy8899
i enjoy play this game when i was young to bad they ruin it by the rush and fast once, the classic was the best
#868  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DamonLakeman
In reply to Anomalous, #5:

even longer if you destroy houses/sell hen rebuild
#869  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GardenSnake
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjyeIOgxnfE&feature=relmfu

A very funny video if you like monopoly. There's a disclaimer about swearing at the start but what's important is that they start trading their cards and property. It's the improper way of playing the game but honestly, it always happens to me and my friends!
#870  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 28 ] [ 29 ] [ 30 ] [ 31 ] [ 32 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.