LIVE NOW: The Patch

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Xbox_180
Fall of Nintendo?Is Nintendo's fall near? Not trying to offend any of the fanboys out there but is it possible that this might be the last real console in the wars? I mean look at the signs, they had absolutly no games at E3, they are running out of ideas for the DS and cube so they feed off all the clasics. Don't you think that there is enough Mario and Megaman games out there? In just a few short weeks, Mario Cart DS is coming out and it won't make a diference in the seirs exept a stupid map on the bottom screen. The only real games that use the full extent of the is Wario War and Nintendo Dogs. What do you think the future of Nintendo is?
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 86 Noob
4,900 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Sarge1445
In reply to Xbox_180, #1:

i think its good the revalution downloading games and they did pretty well at e3 new zeldda and a shit load of new DS games i mean xbox the only good games were conker and they only showed 2 playable 360 games sony had a decent both to i mean ps3 with nothing playable and no good games coming to ps3 and to add to all this didnt have 1 good ps2 exclusive this year nobody did well at e3 and reviving old franchises thats like saying do you want new zelda mario and halo3 you want updates to classics and when i have kids i will always have a place to go when there young its called my old NES and nintendo there not dropping out to add to all this DS games are going online.Also the revalution is gonna have online free online and iwata{nintendo president} said super smash will be an online launch title and ps3 its too early to judge and i would like to say microsoft is making a huge mistake realising the 360 this year remember the dreamcast ps2 gamecube and xbox destroyed it 360s in the same position but i does have the new perfect dark and pgr so there not dropping out
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 19 Cool
NeoSarge117

No I think so in my opinion Nintendo still has good chance.Since Revolutions release is soon Nintendo has clean slate to start with.You never know what Nintendos gonna throw at as over these six years.
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Misfit584
In reply to Sarge1445, #2:

i think its good the revalution downloading games and they did pretty well at e3 new zeldda and a shit load of new DS games i mean xbox the only good games were conker and they only showed 2 playable 360 games sony had a decent both to i mean ps3 with nothing playable and no good games coming to ps3 and to add to all this didnt have 1 good ps2 exclusive this year nobody did well at e3 and reviving old franchises thats like saying do you want new zelda mario and halo3 you want updates to classics and when i have kids i will always have a place to go when there young its called my old NES and nintendo there not dropping out to add to all this DS games are going online.Also the revalution is gonna have online free online and iwata{nintendo president} said super smash will be an online launch title and ps3 its too early to judge and i would like to say microsoft is making a huge mistake realising the 360 this year remember the dreamcast ps2 gamecube and xbox destroyed it 360s in the same position but i does have the new perfect dark and pgr so there not dropping out

What did you just say? Learn some grammer skills. I only see one period in that whole thing.

I don't know whether or not they will survive in the hardware business. Everything started to go downhill since the N64. Almost no third-party support and only their classic franchises are keeping them alive. Who knows what will happen to them. They may pull a Sega and go software only. Only time will tell.
#4  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Ditto
PrototypeGTX
Ds pwned PSP at e3, i think it had around 30 games on show, and the ones ive saw i want to buy at least 10.

GC did have a weak showing, but it had legand of zelda which practicly evens out the GC on its own
#5  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
OwNeTh

nintendo had nothing at E3??? dude.....that's could be any more wrong. you said "they had absolutely no games at E3". they had a lot of games at E3. the big one for the Cube was Twilight Princess, but they had TONS of DS games
#6  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Benjovi
Nintendo DS had the strongest line up out of all the systems at the show. Ace Attorney, Trauma Center, Mario Kart. Advance Wars, Castlevania, Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime Hunters, Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Nintendogs and more!

The Gamecube didn't have as strong, though The Legend of Zelda was defintly the higlight of E3. Mario Strkers looks good, and Killer 7 (even though it's been out for a month where I live, Australia)

The main dissapointment of the show was no playable PS3 games, and no Final Fantasy XII.
#7  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Refractor
I think that the Revolution will either make or break Nintendo when it comes to home consoles (but not hand helds or games).
#8  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
OwNeTh
In reply to Refractor, #8:

very true. i'm sayin it'll bring nintendo back to where it was b4
#9  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xbox_180
I know that most of you are thinking that Nintendo is going to back the biggest come back they ever had with the Revilution, but dont you think you should at least see it in action before you start judging? All I got to see at E3 was a picture and the accual thing, no games. So how can you be so sure? And talking about the handheld, we haven't see any mind blowing games for the DS.

#10  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PrototypeGTX
In reply to Xbox_180, #10:

Well, i would buy a rewvolution just for the backwards compatibility and nes-n64 downloadability, and im sure a lot of other people would, second, its online, and its Nintendo, what the hell could be better.
Mario, zelda, metroid prime 3, have all been announced, and possible animcal crosing
#11  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xbox_180
Yes, but did you see any of that at E3? I lost all hope at believing game companies that tell you stuff after telling ( more like desieving) me and saying that Grand Turismo 4 was going to have online. Instead they gave me a printer. ................Bad bad memories.

#12  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PrototypeGTX
In reply to Xbox_180, #12:

The N-Rev looks the best physically,m and is rumored to have better graphics than the 360
#13  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Benjovi
In reply to Xbox_180, #10:
And talking about the handheld, we haven't see any mind blowing games for the DS.

Read my post. They were the one at E3, their is loads more of awesome DS games. Stop being a fanboy.
#14  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xbox_180
Yes I saw the Nintendo Dogs game, but compaird to the PSP it's not doing so good. And just for the record, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just want to have a topic about if Nintendo falls. I didn't put it here to piss you off. I have a DS and a PSP, and I have most of the DS games and I just got the PSP. I think we should push our hope to the DS, because the cube isn't doing so well. And yes I saw thew Zelda game at E3, but I am talking about the games out right now. And what was up with the mini GBA? Like we need a even smaller Game Boy.
#15  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 WTF
OwNeTh
In reply to Xbox_180, #12:
Yes, but did you see any of that at E3? I lost all hope at believing game companies that tell you stuff after telling ( more like desieving) me and saying that Grand Turismo 4 was going to have online. Instead they gave me a printer. ................Bad bad memories.

actually yes, all of that was at E3, THAT'S HOW U GOT THE INFO!!
#16  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PrototypeGTX
Cause you know selling over 3 times the amout of systems means the DS isint doing well
#17  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
OwNeTh
In reply to PrototypeGTX, #17:

ROFL
ya that must be it......
#18  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xbox_180
What?
#19  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Noob
otto

1.Legend of Zelda was the biggest thing at E3. It was the main event and is the most anticipated thing in the entire gaming industry for this year. If you look at any gaming news site, its the top story.

2. DS has far outsold the PSP. People where much more interested in DS games than PSP games at E3 this year.

3. Yes, there was no playable Revolution stuff. But there wasnt any playable PS3 or X-Box 360 stuff either. Thats because none of the sytems have been built yet. They are still being designed.

4. Its obvious you are an X-Box fanboy who thinks that by taking stabs at Nintendo, it will bring up the X-Box's credibility.
#20  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
Benjovi
In reply to otto, #20:

3. Yes, there was no playable Revolution stuff. But there wasnt any playable PS3 or X-Box 360 stuff either. Thats because none of the sytems have been built yet. They are still being designed.

Actually there was some Xbox 360 games you could play...
#21  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ikaruga

no games at E3, ummm Zelda.
#22  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Risotto
In reply to Ikaruga, #22:

Yeah but thats only one game. Nintendo can't just expect to come to E3 with only one kickass and come out top. I really think they should have unveiled a few snippets of the games for the reveloution, wet peoples appetites and get them excited about it. I wasnt actually that excited about the reveloution unveiling, we all knew Nintendo would enter into the Next-gen console competition. But just unveiling it wasnt enough for me, showing little of the games being made or at least just confirm a few titles in the works. They wouldnt have to give away any of their secrets about reveloutionising gameplay of whatever.

#23  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ikaruga
In reply to otto, #20:

the xbox 360 has been designed, and so has the PS3 and the revolution and i'm pretty sure there were some demos for the new xbox, but i must agree the dude who started this thread is just out to flame nintendo.

Zelda: TP owned E3, end of story.
#24  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Ditto
Hidden_Cube
Also, most of those PS3 and Xbox trailers you saw were pre rendered and not actually made using the developing kits for the consoles, they were made by PC software and hardware and they claim thats what the PS3 and Xbox can do
#25  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
otto
In reply to Risotto, #23:

But they did kickass and come out on top. I dont hear many people talking about X-Box or PS3. Everything I here is about Zelda.
#26  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Cyrahk
Nintendo reported making a 12% profit last year.

No, they're not in trouble.
#27  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
OwNeTh
In reply to Risotto, #23:

they've let loose some info about new games that will be launch titles for the revolution. the two i remember most are the new SSB and metroid prime 3
#28  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Risotto
In reply to otto, #26:

Fair enough, I just don't think that Nintendo should rely on just one major title to hold up the main part of the show for them. I'm not dissing Ninty, I really like Nintendo, but I don't think they should just lean on Zelda. As long as next E3 is kickass I won't mind. Then people like Xbox_180 won't doubt Nintendo's role in the videogame market.

In reply to OwNeTh, #28:

Oh right I didnt know about that. I just wish they had released some more info on them. Maybe some vids, I wouldn't even care if they were pre-rendered, just something to showcase the games a little, instead of confiriming they are in the works. But then that's my opinion, some maybe excited enough to know just that they are being made, but I would prefer a little more info. Nothing to spoil the surprise of the Reveloution or anything, just a little more than what they gave us.
#29  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeavyYeti Watching
In reply to Cyrahk, #27:

12% is well enough to keep 'em in the console wars even if the Revolution doesn't too all that hot....
#30  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 163 ] [ 164 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.