Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Chi_Mangetsu EmEffin TRex
CosplayHave you ever, will you ever, and do you have pictures?
This is a place to discuss a somewhat volatile subject--depending on in which circles you discuss it--that, all in all, is pretty interesting. What do you think of it? Do you do it regularly be it for yourself or others? Why do you do it?
So don your thimbles, rev up your Singers and let's get this craft center cookin!
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
209 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
MikeStampede
I've never done it, although I'd like too. Nothing over the top, however. I was thinking Monkey D. Luffy. I've been practising strecthing my arms. IT HURTS!
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
xKatsu
I'm going to be cosplaying as Skuld from Ah! My Goddess in next spring's Anime DeTour with a bunch of friends.
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
In reply to xKatsu, #3:

Be sure to post pictures in your journal afterwards to show us all your shining--occasionally violent--face. ^,^
#4  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
xKatsu
In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #4:

I will! =D But it's not until next March... -___-;; Assuming of course that I get off my lazy ass and actually make the costume. XD
#5  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
In reply to xKatsu, #5:

Understandable.
I used to have looong hair--about seventeen inches longer that what I have now, to be exact--check my past journals--and I was going to dress up as a character from my story--the male lead, actually--but since it's all cut off...
I looked in the mirror this morning as I slicked some gel through my hair and as I had just whooped some serious Vergil ass--beating DMC3 for the first time (yes, I'm lazy)--I thought to myself, "I could do Vergil."
That's my goal for Ohayocon '06 next year. Now it'd be a bigger surprise if I get off my ass and follow through with it.
#6  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
xKatsu
In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #6:

Well, good luck to you with that!
#7  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
In reply to xKatsu, #7:

No kidding. ^_^;;
#8  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ScaryThing
cosplay: define.
#9  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Definition
#10  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RedCommand
i did but the pic would have me in it so... cant post it! i might just blur my face out......
#11  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
juiceton
I want to do it at one point. It could just be something fun to do for a con (I still need to go to one!!! ARGH).
#12  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Stoite
i highly doubt i will ever do it and if i do its not gonna be somethiong from jap anime maybe aragorn from LOTR thats about it, i wouldnt even dress as a character i would be my own lol
#13  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
bitten1ce
Don't know if I would, and does dressing as a Faery for a Ren Faire count?
#14  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ren faires do count only if you provide pictures.
<3
#15  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
h4nkychief
Um does it count as cosplaying if you buy your costume...???
#16  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
It's less impressive if you purchase it rather than make it... but it tends to be better made if it's store-bought. Hehe.
#17  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
h4nkychief
yeah, I would try to make my naruto cosplay, but the jacket for the Version 2 naruto is really hard to make...argh, *wishes he had sewing skillz*
#18  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
bitten1ce
nope, don't have pics of that one...maybe one in a few years. Gotta figure out where the good ones are over here, you know. Having just moved to another state, I have no idea where anything is here.
#19  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
briskimj
So far I've only heard of it but never seen it done. But I think it would be awesome to give the idea of playing out a character.
#20  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HACaboose
I did it for the first time this year at Anime Central. I had a blast! I went as Gundam Heavy Arms Custom. Granted I had no idea how to make a costume or had any building experience (other than computers), it was still something I wanted to do, and I had fun with it. Here is a link to an awesome photo of me in it. And Here is a link to all the other photos that I took while there.

Best moments I had while in costume: Someguy said he liked my costume so he gave me 2 gold dollars, got hugged by 3 people, had about another 5 bow down at my feet and proclaimed me as their new god, and got a million pictures of me taken by people I didn't know. Yeah, its fun. hehe.
#21  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Heavyarms is the best Wing Gundam, if not the very best period.
Trowa love all the way.
#22  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
bitten1ce
+1 cool for the awesomeness of that. Maybe the boyfriend and I should put our heads together and do this sometime....hmmmm.
#23  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Sacryed
Yeah, I'm a cosplayer. I've been one for... 2 years.
I'm not that good at it but... eh.
Last cosplay: Sayoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.
#24  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
pirate_ninja
I shall buy Vash's coat (from Trigun) and his glasses.
If not that... then sum armor from Full-Metal Alchemest (spelling?... *shrug*)
I'm also not that good of a cosplayer...
Last Cosplay: I had a Naruto head band (Leaf) and a green vest... does that count?
#25  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
lucid_fuse
I'm sure nobody's this bad at it => It's Ultimecia from FFVIII! No, this is not me.
#26  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
sliceofyou
I did cosplay as Jessie from Pokémon last year, and I still have the costume so I'll probably want to do it again. My ex has all the pictures and he kind of hates me sooo I'll take some this year :D
#27  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NervCaptain
i have been cosplaying for 2 years now, i have done Inuyasha(big mistake, i got eevry 10 year old fan girl at the con on my ankles) and also URAHARA(as seen below), i have worn these costumes to ANIME BOSTON both years, its tons of fun. This year i want to do a gay couple with my girl friend, it should be fun, do something like mabye from gravitation, ne way, its always fun, also, I MAKE ALL MY COSTUMES BY HAND. INCLUDING THE ACCESORIES(such as the hat im wearing)

ENJOY
#28  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HACaboose
Got a picture of me in my first cosplay from ACEN 2005 up. Check it in my images gallery.
#29  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BlueKudzu
i plan on cosplaying if i can get my sewing machine to cooperate >.> if i can't get it to work, i'm thinking of cosplaying Reki from Haibane renmei
#30  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.