Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

DiMono Site Admin
Sims LinksThis be where ye post yer links that are relevant to The Sims.

Yarrrrrrrr!

Official Sims Site
www.thesimsresource.com/
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
78 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
HeroinAddikt
In reply to PinkKitten, #30:

I really dislike the web design on that site.
#31  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
minchkin77
www.4eversimfantasy.net/index.htm
#33  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tootythebear
the sims are a great game
#34  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
In reply to tootythebear, #34:
This be where ye post yer links that are relevant to The Sims.

Please post a link.

home.comcast.net/~simsherry/index.html
#35  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
Does anybody know a site that has downloads for Tables that take up 4 spaces?I need table that take up four spaces.

Like this: DD Not Like this: DDDD
DD
#36  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
sory, it was suppossed to look like this

Like this: DD Notlike this: DDDD
DD
#37  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
y won't it do that???
#38  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
Like this: DD
DD
#39  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
DD
DD
#40  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
like that
#41  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
oh my fucking god.

ANYWAYS...

the code you want:
<table><tr><td>D</td><td>D</td></tr><tr><td>D</td><td>D</td></tr></table>
#42  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
thanks, but where do I put it in? the cheat window?
#43  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
The cheat window? What the hell are you talking about? You put that where you want your table to be.
#44  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
I'm talking about how do you use it? It's a code. Do I put it in the code? Do I put it in the cheat window? WHERE AND HOW??
#45  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
You insert it in your anus. That is how it works.

I don't know what the hell a "cheat window" is. Please explain.

And you put it where you want the table, IN THE BODY, not the head (obviously). There really isn't anything else I can tell you unless you provide me more information.
#46  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
In reply to HeroinAddikt, #46:

I mean do you put it in the games code or something to get it into the game? It looks like a code to me.

Also, to answer your question about the cheat wondow:

Press ctrl + shift + c while looking at your neighborhood or playing with your sim(s) and a cheat window will come up at the top. Here are some cheats that I got:

No talk/thought bubbles (Nightlife EP or newer required):
ShowHeadlines off
Kind of self explanatory. Eliminates thought and talk bubbles whenever sims talk to each other or do any other action that triggers a bubble above the head. This includes day dreaming, complaining about not being able to do something (wall in the way, etc.), complaining about needs, etc.

No "plumbob" (diamond) above selected sim (Open For Business EP or newer required):
Plumbobtoggle [off]
You can now get rid of that pesky green diamond from being on screen. You don't need this cheat to do this - you could simply make one sim the designated "marker" and hide him/her somewhere, but this cheat allows you to skip that step, and also lets you use all 8 sims, as well as opens up shots of the entire lot.

No aging:
aging off
Simple, makes it so your characters will live forever, and won't change ages.

I'm not sure if the following require EP's, but I believe they require Nightlife or newer:

Maximize motives for all sims on lot:
maxmotives
Now you don't need to maintain your Sims and have them refuse to so certain activities because of their mood.

Motives do not naturally decrease:
motivedecay off
Motives will stay where they are, allowing a number of things. It allows you to not have to keep an eye on you characters' motives for one thing. Perhaps more useful is it lets you make sims do certain actions endlessly. For example, use this when a sim has a non-full fun meter, and they will watch TV forever if you tell them to. Or use the toilet forever with a non-empty bladder. The uses are near endless.

Set aspiration level
aspirationLevel (0-5)
Use a number from 0 to 5 to set the selected sim's aspiration level to whatever you want. 0 = lowest, 5 = platinum. This will let you ignore the characters' wants and fears. It also lets you unlock aspiration related actions (social bunny) and lets you use aspiration award objects at either level - above or below gold - allowing you to pick what action occurs.

Aspiration decay off
lockAspiration on
Allows you to set a sim's aspiration to a level and keep it there forever. Extends uses for above cheat for as long as you want.

There may be other useful cheats, I'm not sure. The most useful cheat is posted in the third post in this thread.

Oh, another one. Again, not sure if it's expansion pack sensitive.

Don't lock to grid
boolProp snapObjectsToGrid [false]
Use to place objects withou adhering to the grid. Use to center chairs behind desks, or move objects so that there is no distance between them. Put windows and doors in more appearance pleasing places. Has many more uses. Note that this may render some objects unusable if not placed on grid lines. (doors?)

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
Quite likely the most powerful cheat in the game. It allows you to shift click on any object and get options originally meant for testing. The most useful is Pauls Reaction Tester. Shift click on a Sim hit Spawn then click Pauls Reaction tester. By using the options on this you can evoke any response from a Sim without the required condition first. This cheat also allows you to modify the Sims skills, personality and relationships, saving lots of time.

Another tip is to take lots of footage, its not like its costing you money, You can delete the footage after you are done, but at least you have it available to use in post production. Theres nothing worse then a film with repeated footage over and over again.

Avoid unrealistic elements, one of the things that generally can kill a Sim machinima is the presence of plumbobs (green thing above their heads), thought ballons, and speech ballons. Unless these are meant to be a part of your production, avoid them at all costs.

Take advatage of the camera The options for camera angles in The Sims 2 doesn't get much better, use it. A common mistake in first Sims machinimas is filming from afar. Maxis has included some great detail in Sims faces and expressions, but you can't tell when you are filming from a distance.

? Add 1,000 dollars to household funds: Kaching
? Move unmovable objects and put them in illegal places: Moveobjects on/off
? Sims won't age: Aging on/off
? Changes Sim's height: StretchSkeleton 1.0 where 1.0 is the default. (Courtesy Ellen Tansey)
? Toggles notification of available game patches: Autopatch on/off
? Turning off for better game performance with some graphical errors: Vsync on/off
? Turns off facial bounding limitations. It prevents the normal corrections the game will make for two parents with very different facial structures: faceBlendLimits (on/off)
? Lists some, but not all cheats: Help
? Closes cheat window: Exit
? Expands or contracts the cheat window: Expand
Use false to place the objects out of grid: boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true/false
#47  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
to rewrite that Plumbob cheat, it's supposed to be:

plumbbobtoggle

forgot a "b"
#48  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
WOW.

oh my fucking god. i am so sorry kid. i'm tripping balls.

You see, I thought I was in this thread. If you were to post that there, I would then think you were trying to create the above table in an html file (a web page).

Now that I realize this isn't that thread, I see that you're probably talking about the cheat window in the Sims game. That makes sense. If you were to put that code in the cheat window in the sims, it wouldn't do anything.

Now that I see you're talking about SIMS OBJECTS, a 2x2 dimensional table, I know what you mean and might be able to help you out. Let me go look within the custom objects I have made to see if I have made a custom one that might suit you.

__

edit: For TS1, I don't have anything made like that. However, I believe you're looking for a TS2 table (as there are none that come in the game like that). So no, I'm not sure of any places that offers a 2x2 unit table for TS2, and I haven't seen any myself. Sorry. However, if someone does know where one can be downloaded, I would be interested in acquiring it as well.

Post edited 5/08/06 1:29PM
#49  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
tlynd03
can someone help me find a no cd crack for the sims 2
#50  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tlynd03
i forgot to say that in the last post ^^^^^^ that ive tried lots and they dont wrk
#51  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
In reply to tlynd03, #50:

I would also be interested in getting this. I might take it upon myself to search the internet for one and experiment with no-cd cracks until I find one that works. I'm not really sure where to find a reliable one, but I'm sure it's out there.
#52  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tlynd03
okay im jw if someone knew a reliable one cuz i havent found one yt
#53  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Marcinowski Sponsor
In reply to HeroinAddikt, #49:

I wonder, why didn't Maxis make any 2x2 tables for the sims 2? it makes you think............ wait, I better not. My head might explode. What was I thinking?
#54  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
In reply to Marcinowski, #54:

I'm really not sure why Maxis didn't make any...I see that to be the only major flaw in their part in creating TS2.
#55  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
0lady0yuna0
www.rosesims2.net for some of the most beautiful custom content ive ever seen

www.modthesims2.com for the most extensive database of downloads for the sims 2

www.insimenator.net for the daddy of all hacks, you want it hacked? This one download will give you mostly everything. From relationship hacks to aspiration, education, badge, skill and personality hacks...there are just too many to mention.
#56  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Nanetillo
www.tecnosims.com web spanish
#57  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BigRudy
yeah this is really cool stuff but the linda sims place works like charms for me
#58  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
the_wraith
awsome sims site
#59  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 3 Lame
Satansick
www.thesims2files.com
#60  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.