Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Blu_man
Gamecube GamesIs it just me or does the gamecube have really childish games? The gamecube does have a few non-childish games such as residen evil 4 but why arent many games for the gamecube like this? I don't know why we tolerate kiddy games most of the nintendo gamecube games but we do. Sometimes kiddy games can be fun but after a while it just gets really old. What games would you like to see get released on the nintendo gamecube?
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 5 Flamebait
28 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Blu_man
I think that not to many people get gamecubes is because the games. If they had great games like splinter cell or grand theft auto for the gamecube it would make gamers who own gamecubes happy. Also maybe more people will start buying gamecubes. Becauce of the games for the gamecube I hope for nintendos sake the nintendo revolution has way better games!!!
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hidden_Cube
In reply to Blu_man, #2:

Ill think you'll find all the games that are apparently "kiddy" that are on Gamecube are on the other consoles, like those damm disney games, and no Nintendo should not put GTA on the gamecube because they value gaming over exagerrated killing sprees and the word "nigger" every 5 seconds, its obvious you dont have a Gamecube or youd realise the games you think look kiddy are in fact hard as nails
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GhostSarah
GameCube is fine the way it is, I think. And it's not freakin' "kiddy"
#4  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
jinxx_me
People assume it's "kiddy" because it doesn't have a lot of violent games on it. I don't consider mario to be kiddy, never did. I still go back on play my nes. Don't think of them as kiddy. Gamecube has good games, because Nintendo makes good games. People assume a game is kiddy if nobody gets shot. I can't wait until the next zelda, i dont' think it will be kiddy, it will be a GAME. You know, like its fun?
#5  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TimGundrum
In reply to Blu_man, #2:
I think that not to many people get gamecubes is because the games. If they had great games like splinter cell or grand theft auto for the gamecube it would make gamers who own gamecubes happy. Also maybe more people will start buying gamecubes. Becauce of the games for the gamecube I hope for nintendos sake the nintendo revolution has way better games!!!

All three Splinter Cell games are on the GC.

Also, Nintendo games generally score the highest from most media outlets. Which means Nintendo games are some of the best games money can buy.
#6  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
liquidfire
The games on the gamcube made by nintendo tend to be full of bright colors, funny characters, and humorous situations. Mario kart has bright, funny characters riding on go-carts and tossing bananas at each other. As opposed to splinter cell, a game of sneaking around. The difference? One wasn't made by nintendo. You see, even though the games might be very difficult and take great amounts of skill, that does not make it a mature game. However, this does not make it a bad game, either. Certain nintendo fanboys need to wake up and see that some games on the gamecube are obviously targeted towards younger audiences. This does not make them bad games or mean that adults cannot play them it simply means the games were intended for kids.

"Also, Nintendo games generally score the highest from most media outlets. Which means Nintendo games are some of the best games money can buy."

Untrue. More people buy nintendo games, which means nothing. As far as I'm concerned, the general public is full of idiots, and what they buy has no influence on what I spend my hard earned money on.
#7  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BLINDee
I think there are some games that look childish and are childish even though they may be fun as hell. But others such as say Cubivore have themes that younger kids just wouldn't understand. Also I find most of the plots in most Gamecube games horribly cheesy.
#8  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
opeagleeye
Nintendo doesn't release kiddy games.They release the kiddy games made by nickelodeon and disney and cartoon network that sony and microsoft release as well. Their games are always very good and quite fun. The problem is they are designed in a manner that makes them appear kiddy. The mario games are very colorful and full of strange characters that feel like they are straight out of a children's book. But they are hardly kiddy games. Nintendo does need to release more violent titles in order to convince people they represnt more mature gamers. More gritty games, with darker storylines and more violence will be good. But nintendo can release these without buying the rights to GTA. Nintendo doesn't need senseless violence, they just need games that are immediately visually appealing to more matue gamers.
#9  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
shadeless
You'll be surprised how fun those so-called kiddy games can be.
#10  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
briskimj
Some people may see Nintendo games as childish when they really aren't. Sure they may not have an M rating or anything, but that doesn't mean its "childish". Some people think that becuase a game has more blood that makes that game cool and that you are a more mature person because of it. Nintendo makes games that are based on an enjoybale experince for all, not just people over the age of 18.
#11  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
In reply to Blu_man, #1:

I hear the winey comments of a... FAN BOY!

Nintendo has a kiddy image because of the purple colour. And because it doesn't have GTA or Halo on it. No, it instead has Metroid Prime, and Resident Evil 4. Games that are darker and sometimes more violent than either GTA or Halo. You need to fish your head out of your ass and experience something more than just fake cartoon boobs (however hot anime chics look, they aren;t real and share no emotion or feelings towards you) and your XBox
#12  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hiq
ok guys or gals...i dont have a game cube but ive been thinking about buying one for the Resident Evil series and also hopefully gettin my hands on the Zelda collection they put out....now is the Zelda collection good bad or what? because ive played RE 4 i think the one where leon is in the village and people chase after you instead of zombies...well yea i forgot which ever one it was but it was a great game and that game was what got me thinking about the game cube and so im just lookin for some info on the Zelda series released for GC and some of your comments on it
#13  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cyrahk
Games targeted at all ages =/= Kiddie Games
#14  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RaidenDDX
In reply to Blu_man, #1:

First of Blu_man Your an Idiot. I cannot be more blunt then that. Your just a down right Idiot that perfers blood and violence over a good gaming experience.

Now as for Kiddie games I say to you one thing. One calls a Nintendo game Kiddy when one has not played it, one calls Nintendo Kiddy because your use to seeing more mature games on the othe consoles, one calls Nintendo Kiddy just because you can't go around and randomly kill people.

Seriously you only mention games like Resident Evil 4, That proves that you only look for those type of games which makes you a down right loser! If you knew anything about Good gaming quality you would know that Nintendo has some of the best Franchises PERIOD! for instance! The Zelda Series, The Metroid Series, The Mario Series, The F-Zero Series, Starfox Series. All games that other companies like Microsoft and Sony dreamed they could have. Ocarina of Time is the best Action adventure and greates game to be created, Mario64 is called the best platforming game, Metroid Prime is known to be one of the greatest FPS games, F Zero X holds crown to the best futuristic racer out there, Starfox 64 holds crown of being the best Shoot'em up games. Now All these games that are supposedly to you Stupid and irrelevant to your stupid rant.

I mean if you had done your homework you would know that Nintendo holds crown to making some of the best games in creation. You would know that by buying a Nintendo console of any kind you are already garanteed a great gaming Experience. If you would perfer a Halo game over a Zelda Game you are dumber pile of rocks. The way you talk about Nintendo is as if you seriously don't know what your talkling about because if you did you would know that the Gamecube has not good but Great games...

Ikaruga
Mario Sunshine
Residen Evil 4
Metroid Prime 1&2
Rouge Leader
WindWaker
SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE
F-Zero GX
StarFox Adventures (this one is more good than great)
Soul Calibur 2 (which alone sold more than the Ps2 and XBox versions because of LINK)
Pikmin

Now how many of those games have blood? Hmmmmm ONE Resident Evil 4. So according to Blu_man all the others ones obviously are shit because you can't go around and kill people or pick up hookers. Yep Gamecube sucks alright No games with blood means no good games for us Gamecube owners Right?
#15  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Trogdor
In reply to Blu_man, #1:
Is it just me or does the gamecube have really childish games?

Is it just me or dies this guy really have no idea of what he's talking about?
#16  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Benjovi
Blu_man, you are the type of person who is destroying the videogame industry. The person who thinks that if there isn't any guns, it must be a pile of shit. Someone who would prefer graphics over gameplay. Someone who plays videogames because other people do. If there were less people then you, the videogame industry wouldn't be flogged with crappy games, that are rushed and glitchy.

Also, do some research. If you knew anything about the Gamecube, you wouldn't think that it's kiddy. You would find tons of good games, not the shit constantly put out on the PS2, so people can make money. Kiddy games are "Rugrats Racing" not The Legend of Zelda. Anyway, your most likely a kid yourself so shut the fuck up.
#17  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Benjovi
I just had too add this...

In his profile he says he likes games " we basically any killing in it"
#18  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
cubsfan05
yea, he's got no idea what he's talking about. he's thinking that because there are so many Mario games, but that's because Mario is like the godfather of all video games, he started it all. but there are also plenty of "violence" games for Gamecube, not exclusively Gamecube, but for gamecube. Like Timesplitters: Future Perfect (i'm getting that game soon)
#19  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
mr_murisaki
Gamecube may not be the most "mature" console, but it has enough serious games for adult gamers. Besides, some of it's more kiddy games are actually some of the best ones. The mario games, for example. You've obviously been playing the wrong games.
#20  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hidden_Cube
In reply to mr_murisaki, #20:

Correction, he hasen't played any of the games, only a Sony/Microsoft fanboy use the "kiddy games" as an excuse to hate on a great console like the Gamecube :P
#21  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
briskimj
In reply to Hidden_Cube, #21:

Who's the one that gave this man a ditto? Yes, yes that was me.
#22  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BloodHawk97
Most games for Gamecube are just for everyone. Some are for kids, but not all of them, I say Super Smash Bros. Melee is for everyone to have fun on :)
#23  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
njlwag
In reply to Blu_man, #1:

Yes it does have some childish games. But it does have some really awesome games like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Tony Hawk games, Super Smash Brothers Melee, ect. I love my Gamecube but to each his own.

Post edited 4/29/13 11:34AM
#24  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MitchMan

In reply to Blu_man, #1:

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, however let me tell you about my experience with it.
As of recent I have unearthed my old gamecube from the attic and I do have a few solid titles. Two of which DEFINITELY not directed towards kids.

Resident Evil Zero

Resident Evil (Remake) ** (My favorite in the series, plus this one had extras from the original adding to the replay value)

And as far as Super Smash Bros. Melee being mentioned earlier in the thread, SSBM is a solid game with room for players to get to an expert level. The hit-boxes are tight and the variety of moves leaves other fighting games from this era lacking technically.
#25  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DarkLondon26
has anyone played NHL hitz 2002 that game is fucken fun
#26  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
IanWG Dude
Gamecube is the shit.
#27  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ctcougar82 Ramblin Eso
Did anyone play Custom Robo? God the campaign was so bad, but the deathmatch multiplayer was so intense! Those nights of sneaking crappy whiskey to my bedroom as my friends and I make the stupidest looking characters are the memories I'll never forget
#28  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.