Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

poo55555
Halo PC FileIntro: I'm not exactly sure where to post this...it was either here or the Halo forum itself or the Technical forum and seeing as how it is a PC game I thought it would work here.

Anyway, every time I try to start up Halo PC it gives me an error stating "We have detected that one of the Halo PC files is missing or corrupted. We recommend removing and reinstalling the game. (shaders\vsh.bin)". I have removed and reinstalled the game twice and this still happens. I think, some how, that one file got corrupted on the CD itself. Basically what I am asking is for someone to kindly host the "vsh.bin" file found in the "shaders" folder of your "Halo" root folder. No one else I know has Halo PC so that kind of puts me in a jam as you can imagine.

So if anyone can help me with this then I would be very greatful.
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
87 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
poo55555
nvmnd...it inexplicably became operational again. thx 4 nuthin' chumps!
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
illegalprog
lol dont worry about this halomods.com gives all the information. Originally ppl will go and uninstall the game and reinstall WRONG DONT DO THAT put the cd in and then goto my computer right click MC's head on the halo icon on the cd drives then click explore and goto the cabnant files but you may want to download winrar for this and then find the map file or file that is corrupted and replace it in the hard drive files easy 1 2 3...
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ScManX
how is halo for the pc? i have yet to play it but it sounded interesting... could you actually make your own maps, or what? or do you haver to download the program to make your own maps.
#4  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dragonmith
halo: pc is cool and has some cool modding features. You have to download the halo map editing kit to edit the maps it comes with. I just don't know where to find the kit online.
#5  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ScManX
ooh cool thanks, at least i kno i have to d/l it...but where...hmmm
#6  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
poo55555
Halo CE is the one that is fully modifiable and if you buy Halo PC, you can download Halo CE for free then you can get all the free maps and tools online from places like this: Levels 4 You, HaloMods, and at Halo Maps. Check them all out as they all have different things to offer.
#7  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
Yeh i tried Halo CE but sadly it didn't work and kept asking for the disk when i was using an iso....still haven't thought about how to resolve this....any ideas people??? any help maybe be reward with a mod....thats if it works of course lol
#8  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ultrax1
In reply to Hobo_geek, #10:

find a no-cd for halo. might work.
or just use the disk. unless it asks for the disk while the disk is in the compy, in which case, i have no idea.
#9  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
poo55555
Try mounting the .iso to an image drive. This will make the computer think that the disk is right there in it. These programs will enable you to make image drives: Alcohol Software, Nero
#10  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ScManX
where do i go to d/l the cuztom map maker thing..?:)
#11  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
yeh i've already tried mounting it with alcohol 120% but still the message comes up i thought about maybe trying to like burn the iso to a dvd to see whether that could work....yeh i lost the disk a while bk but luckily i had an iso of it on my hard drive cause of my lazyness of not putting in disks.......i read someone there that someone was able to make iso disks under like 2mb cause they just put the bin files on it and someone said it worked for some programs like unreal 2004....put that sounds complicated and somehow sounds to much like rumour or some dude speaking shit but dunno ....
#12  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
poo55555
2 meg!?! Yes, this has to be a rumor.
#13  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
*shrugs* yeh thats what i thought but i read into it and someother people said it worked but i think it would be awesome if u could accutaley do that it would save so much hard drive space but i don't see companies going that way for its gamers.....i'm pretty sure i read it on a forum from a google search of ccd iso search
#14  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
mines is *run about crazyyy going fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck....looks behind and pyropure snipers me*
#15  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
hahah lol....yep....i hate those sneaky buggers that hide out in places just for you to run by and BANG!!! *on floor dead*
#16  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
fIFTHeLEMENT
i like to kill my teamates. most of them are pretty gay anyway.
#17  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hikaki4
In reply to fIFTHeLEMENT, #22:

I sometimes do that for fun too, but with people I know, so I don't get booted. Hey, my reasoning is sound, we will definately reach 50 kills before the other team, it just won't be positive 50.
#18  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
has anyone ever noticed the game flaw in the tanks for Halo 2 for x-box? Me and my friend were playing it like a while back and he was in the scorpian tank and i was in the other and we were starting from either sides of the map ie. (blood gulch) and we drove towards each other and crashed them together and suddenly a couple of times later my friends tank went into the air and started spinning about for like 5mins like high up in the air and then it hit a wall and blew up....lol it was strange...we tried it again and got it to do it again for 3 out of 10 attempts......
#19  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hikaki4
Yeah, my cousin and I found that too, but on campaign w/ a Scorpion and a Wraith. Glitch in the physics i guess. It was an Arbiter level, I forget which one, but I was driving at the slow pace that a Scorpion does, and my cousin got aggitated and boosted into my back end. I clipped a little pillar in the ground and wurlled upward. We dubbed it the "Hell-copter," since like what Hobo_geek said, it explodes after a time. But since other people have found it, it might have a better name already.
#20  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
In reply to Hikaki4, #26:

hhahha lol yeh we sat and watched it for 5mins like laughing while my friend "went fuck fuck fuck fuck....arghhhhh" lol yeh "hell-copter" sounds gd lol
#21  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
poo55555
Never seen that happen, never heard of that happening...but I totally gotta try it now!..i mean like, right nows!
#22  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MasterHalo28
halo 1 is a little better, the hand gun is kickass in halo1, halo2 its like the hand gun has gone to shit
#23  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hikaki4
In reply to MasterHalo28, #29:

Have you ever been to halobabies.net? They got the best comic just about that. I got it in my images too. If I can only figure out how to link stuff...
#24  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
In reply to Hikaki4, #30:

Thats gd stuff man lol although the comics are a bit short but oh well
#25  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hikaki4
In reply to Hobo_geek, #31:

Yeah.. if you like that stuff, look up "Calvin and Halo" on Google too. Some guys took old Calvin and Hobbes comics and put a Halo twist into them.
#26  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ScManX
sniping is the greatest, personally..
#27  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
InsaneDC Sponsor
for some reason when i play every so often i get an error that says Gathering Exception Error

i seriously want to know how to get rid of this problem...
#28  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hobo_geek
Have u tried reinstalling it ? or possibley looking on Google......can u plz post more details that u could give us to help u solve the problem like when its happening, or anything strange happening to normal possibley even a screenshot if u can manage?
#29  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
InsaneDC Sponsor
ok i'll try when i get home but i sware every time i want to get on it just happens to do it right in the middle of a good multiplayer match and then i go back in and then we are loosing real bad and it does it again... i have reinstalled it twice and still doesn't help so yea let me get a screenshot.
#30  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.