Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

DiMono Site Admin
Film Making & Machinima Q&A(Before asking a question in this thread, please go to the FAQ thread where it might have already been addressed.)

Got a question? We've got answers! If you have any quick question about the process of making a video, or how to do something in Software X, or about whether Item 1 is better...
#1  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 8 Cool
5,820 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
GrimZero
In reply to tonyski, #5280:

I tried it. Video is washed out as usual, heavily compressed. Anyone else know?
#5,281  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tonyski Fck It Im In
In reply to GrimZero, #5281:

you record at the highest possible resolution and it looks washed out?
#5,282  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GrimZero
In reply to tonyski, #5282:

I already posted how I record. I chose Sony AVC/MVC in Render Settings and chose the template you suggested, changed the bitrate from 8mil to 4mil, also changed to 59.940fps because that's what I record at. Detailed parts of the video look nice enough, but most of the background areas look deluded and murky. Something always looks off when I try to lower the bitrate for any Render Setting I've tried. Still don't know what I'm doing wrong, if there is a right way with the tools I have at hand.
#5,283  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GrimZero
In reply to tonyski, #5282:

I think what describes it better is that the background colors have that slight blocky look to it. I'm someone who prefers top quality look, I like the video smooth and sharp, not blocky or dull.
#5,284  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
coronado51
what is the program that you use for ur animations in RvB and the cinematics
#5,285  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tonyski Fck It Im In
In reply to coronado51, #5285:

Monty Oum
#5,286  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
cab0oserocks
In reply to tonyski, #5286:

He plugs directly into the computer.
#5,287  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
EDJE
In reply to cab0oserocks, #5287:

He is a robot.
#5,288  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
coronado51
In reply to cab0oserocks, #5287:

ha ha that was a good one!
#5,289  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Noob
squidgeart Orphanim
How do I make a richer sounding voice over?
#5,290  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kaisonic RTX Security
In reply to squidgeart, #5290:

Better mic and/or better recording setting. A PC mic or headset is usually bad because it has built-in noise-cancelling which cuts out the lower frequencies. A high-quality USB headset could work if you turn that stuff off. A decent 3.5mm shotgun mic will get better quality. Those mics with the larger plugs sound a little better and can use cheap adapters to plug into 3.5mm spots. A high quality USB mic (even the Rock Band ones) will get decent quality as well. The highest quality option is to go XLR - that's the best connection type, and usually XLR mics get that richer sound I think you're looking for. XLR-to-USB adapters are fairly cheap as well, if you don't have an actual XLR recorder.

As for the actual recording, ALWAYS record to Windows Waveform, PCM WAV files. The specific formats vary, but stick to uncompresssed WAV, at least 44.1 kHz, and your only problem will be physical mic quality.
#5,291  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
stupidsmart
In reply to squidgeart, #5290:

better mic, record in a not very noisy environment, and add a subtle, barely noticeable reverb.
keywords barely noticeable.
#5,292  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AlecRoss
Hey RT folks,

I've read the Complete FAQ, and in regard to this quote:

How do I record off of my Xbox?
You need either a video capture card or a digital camcorder with an S-Video input, and the S-Video cable set for your Xbox (sold separately). You may need a splitter/distribution amp if you want to watch it on the TV at the same time you're recording.

Which sort D/V Cameras come equipped with an S-Video input? I'd like to kill two birds w/ one stone and buy a great D/V Cam, but also one that comes with a port for an external mic - the works really. Any suggestions?
#5,293  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tonyski Fck It Im In
In reply to AlecRoss, #5293:

you're better off getting an HDMI capture card now. S-Vid was the format to use back before HD
#5,294  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AlecRoss
In reply to tonyski, #5294:

What video card would you recommend. I've been looking at the Hauppage and Hava recorders, but do I really need something that grand? I have an Acer Laptop and a G4 PowerMac, is there nothing I can do with all this technology already available. Cost isn't an issue...yet, but I would like to save cash if I can.
#5,295  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
tonyski Fck It Im In
In reply to AlecRoss, #5295:

try out the intensity extreme www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/models/
#5,296  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
JoeyF
We did an interview at NAB with this guy from Zacuto regarding the Great Camera SHootout. Interesting video series, if you get a chance check it out. Compares compares in different scenarios.

https://vimeo.com/24334733

Here's also the interview we did with Zacuto. www.tested.com/videos/44207-the-lessons-learned-from-testing-digital-cinema-cameras/
#5,297  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
manofchance Superhuman
Any suggestions on a good camcorder to buy for at most $200 and has a swivel lcd screen?
Also if would be preferred if it was from best buy or walmart because I have a gift card for each.
I would also like if it was in hd and had a pretty good mic to record my voice, I'll mostly be using it to make youtube videos.
Please post any links to some good camcorders. This is the first one I'm buying to any advice is helpful too.

Post edited 5/21/12 6:13PM
#5,298  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dbar412
This is the first thing i have edited in a little while. Any suggestions or comment on the effects, comedy, or video as a whole would be highly appreciated.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAtxOwKohhg
#5,299  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Zobon
I'm wanting to start filming comedy videos, but I have no idea what software/hardware to use. I'm a low low budget. I would prefer Some form of HD at 1080p camera under $1,000 and a good editing software under $1,000 too. Any tips?
#5,300  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dropB3ar
In reply to Zobon, #5300:

You can buy Final cut from the app store on Mac's for $200
#5,301  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Zobon
In reply to dropB3ar, #5301:

On a Windows Os So :\
#5,302  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dbar412
In reply to Zobon, #5302:

Sony vegas works good for me. It may be under 500 dollars now.
#5,303  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Steevinator Windy City
In reply to Zobon, #5302:

I would recommend Sony Vegas as well, it is not very hard to get use to and still far better than movie maker
#5,304  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Zobon
In reply to Steevinator, #5304:

In reply to Dbar412, #5303:

Thanks.
#5,305  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ahont
I know this is touching on an already asked question and this one was probably asked before but i was recently looking into getting some capturing device around $100-$200 dollar range. I was looking at a Hauppauge but I don't know if there is a better more suitable product.
#5,306  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Steevinator Windy City
In reply to Ahont, #5306:

I think, I dont know for sure, but I think the Black Magic intensity pro is around $200. I have the Hauppauge HDPVR and it's great, only problem that people might have is that it takes up a lot more space than the Black Magic. Best bet is to find some pros and cons on the two and make a decision based off those.
#5,307  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Ahont
In reply to Steevinator, #5307:

a little research and i seen that they have an internal card thats kind of what i was looking for. Thanks for giving me more options
#5,308  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Kaisonic RTX Security
In reply to Steevinator, #5307:

You mean physical space, right? Not hard drive space? 'Cause the Black Magic is the one that records uncompressed - HD-PVR does H.264 compression. Personally I'd go with the HD-PVR. They also make an internal one if physical space is an issue: www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_colossus.h... I prefer compressed footage because the hard drive space saved is HUGE compared to the nearly-imperceptible loss in quality.
#5,309  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Steevinator Windy City
In reply to Kaisonic, #5309:

Yes physical space
#5,310  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 176 ] [ 177 ] [ 178 ] ... [ 193 ] [ 194 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.