Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Hogination
Pokemon!Please read this before posting, it has everything you can think of.

Due to the incredible amount of newcomers to this thread the senior members of this thread have decided to make a guide for the complex strategy-based side of the competitive game. Do not post in here saying "Hay I got a lvl 7...
#1  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 11 Cool
41,698 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
LoneSnipper
In reply to CountinSheep, #39840:

Yeah it generally just gives headaches, not suicidal thoughts....but it is a bit disturbingly unsettling
#39,841  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Remotes Obligatory
So I was watching an older episode of the show the other day.

The episode was #67- The Showdown at Poke-Corral.

In the episode Ash and Gary are talking to Prof. Oak who explains that they are the top trainers in all of Pallet Town. As you may recall, 3 Trainers were sent off with the starters we know and love, and Ash showed up late and got the disobedient Pikachu. That makes 4 trainers that went out from Pallet Town at the same time.

Ash asks Prof. Oak, "What happened to the other two?"

To which Prof. Oak replies, "They both got off to an excellent start but the just didn't have the skill...

I think Prof. Oak told Ash that they died.....
#39,842  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Kakeru Sponsor
Actually, since Gary got Eevee in the anime, 5 trainers left from Pallet town.
#39,843  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Remotes Obligatory
In reply to Remotes, #39844:

Switched to Call of Duty MW3

So NM
#39,845  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cherubael
In reply to Kakeru, #39843:

Actually, Eevee was not Gary's starter; that's only in Pokemon Yellow. Gary received Squirtle as his starter and now has a Blastoise. Plus, there have been numerous references in the show to there being 4 trainers from Pallet Town, including Remotes' episode and even the Samurai Boy episode way back in the first season.
#39,846  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kakeru Sponsor
In reply to Cherubael, #39846:

Except, Pokmon Yellow was based on the anime. Hence why you got Pikachu as your starter and the other three through various means. It's also why Jesse & James are in the games as constant annoyances. And in Yellow, Gary/Rival's starter was Eevee. And as I recall, it was never concretely stated what Gary's starter was, but we can reasonably assume it was Eevee since it's Gary's #1 partner.
#39,847  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LoneSnipper
In reply to Kakeru, #39847:

If you've ever read the manga, Green's (Gary) first pokemon was charmander whereas Red's (Ash) first pokemon was a poliwag, even though it was originally introduced as a poliwhirl.
#39,848  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Remotes Obligatory
In reply to LoneSnipper, #39848:

Reference Bulbapedia
The day he started out on his Pokmon journey, he came off as an arrogant trainer, much like his game counterpart, Blue. His chosen starter Pokmon was Squirtle, which was actually the same Pokmon that Ash originally wanted to start with.
#39,849  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cherubael
In reply to Kakeru, #39847:

Pokemon Yellow was based on the anime, but it's not the anime. For instance, Jesse and James are never named in-game, and Ash never disbands Team Rocket. We do know that there were 4 trainers from Pallet Town and that Gary has a Blastoise. Plus, in Episode 4, we see a flashback where a character battles the other three trainers from Pallet Town (Gary and the two unnamed trainers): we see each of the three starters. Gary very clearly started with Squirtle; look it up and you'll find mountains more evidence.

In reply to LoneSnipper, #39848:

Nobody's talking about the manga

Post edited 4/10/12 2:02PM
#39,850  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LoneSnipper
In reply to Remotes, #39849:
If you want to see it for your self Pokemon Adventures has quite a different story to it. I'm sure that that reference was to something in pokemon but it sure wasn't what I was talking about. And while nobody was originally talking about the manga, this is a thread about pokemon and it seems like a pokemon manga fits in perfectly. Its just a different idea for a story that could be the "official story" and I thought I should share.
#39,851  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cherubael
In reply to LoneSnipper, #39851:

Yeah, but if you jump into a conversation and then mention something irrelevant to the conversation you're not contributing helpfully. If you want to discuss the manga, then bring up a topic about the manga rather than injecting it where it's only confusing.
#39,852  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kakeru Sponsor
In reply to Cherubael, #39850:

Nah... I don't really care.
#39,853  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LoneSnipper
In reply to Cherubael, #39852:

Nah I'm good brah, I'll just keep talking about it here.
#39,854  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cherubael
In reply to LoneSnipper, #39854:

I didn't mean to say you should leave. If you want to discuss the manga, you're more than welcome. It's just that you should bring up your own talking points rather than shoehorning it into a conversation that has nothing to do with it.
#39,855  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LoneSnipper
In reply to Cherubael, #39855:
We were talking about Gary's starter in different things, so it was relevant.
#39,856  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cherubael
In reply to LoneSnipper, #39856:

We were talking about the anime, so no it wasn't. I already said why the games weren't useful as evidence and the manga is even less so.

I haven't read much of the manga, but I did read the beginning the Black and White portion of it and it was pretty awful. Pokemon Acting Agency, wtf?
#39,857  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Remotes Obligatory
It progressively got worse. I was reading it in the link. I made it all the way to Goldenrod City where Team Rocket fucks with the radio tower.
#39,858  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Drebin
I'm a little late to this conversation but I listened through that song once and thought "Well that wasn't so bad", but as soon as it started to repeat it's like it built. It literally felt worse the second time. I could see how after hearing it a lot of times could fuck with you.

And I've never been one for the anime's or the manga's. So in my opinion I base it off the game. But didn't Gary have a Blastoise in one of the movies?
#39,859  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps
DAT TRAILER:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo72P48TmE
#39,860  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Remotes Obligatory
Let me get this Straight. They are completely freezing a good chunK of the Unova region. MY main chaRacter is going to be dIfferent. And I have to explore this place city to city with a new group trying to destroy everything again. Of course I have to stop it. But it sounds so faMiliar.
#39,861  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Cherubael
In reply to Remotes, #39861:

Meh. The plots and settings are completely different... DPt were closer in that regard, since it took place in a cold, mountainous region and you had to stop a rampaging dragon-god.

Oh my God Skyrim ripped off Pokemon!
#39,862  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
Retrocalypse
Anyone else looking forward to trying to figure out what Oshawott is all over again?

#39,863  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Remotes Obligatory
In reply to Retrocalypse, #39863:

I piked him because he reminded me of a Panda.

I only later found out he turns into a fucking dinosaur.... I dunno.
#39,864  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cherubael
In reply to Retrocalypse, #39863:

You didn't know it's a sea otter? Though Samurott is more like a sea lion. I thought it was rather obvious, especially with the Shell Blade attack tying into the one thing sea otters are known for other than being cute (i.e. using tools on their bellies). Conceptually Oshawott is an excellent Pokemon, but the first and final character designs really let it down.
#39,865  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Retrocalypse
In reply to Cherubael, #39865:

Well that's probably the most reasonable assumption but like Remotes said he looks a bit like a panda. Plus Oshawott sounds like Ocelot. I personally like Snivy because he looks so smug with himself
#39,866  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK GeeksNBleeps

It's evolved forms look pretty damn cool though

In reply to Retrocalypse, #39866:

Before the game came out people really wanted Snivy to be named Smugleaf

Post edited 4/18/12 6:24AM
#39,867  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Remotes Obligatory

Every time I see a sea otter it's sucking its own penis.

Portland Zoo has some fucked up animals.

I'm that's the exact same thing pokemon do to use their confuse ray.
#39,868  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Surutar
I always like how Emboar looks like old school Ganon.
#39,869  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
motoroil

HAHAHA!
#39,870  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 1328 ] [ 1329 ] [ 1330 ] ... [ 1389 ] [ 1390 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.