You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

frank
UFC-(Search engine no results on this topic)
All UFC fighting discussion post here:
#1  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
6,065 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
raz0rblade
In reply to yomamma950, #5490:

Big Country would beat Tim Sylvia, no problem........
#5,491  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RaginAsian
In reply to yomamma950, #5490:

I'd give Mir the title shot, then bump Hunt up for the number one contender spot since he's riding the longer and more notable win streak. Sylvia in against Struve.
#5,492  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Majtaj
anyone else looking forward to the rematch between rampage and shogun? Pride for the ages right there.
#5,493  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ggxky
White Said Mir is gonna fight Velasquez...................The only option is Hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he has the biggest streak in the division right now!!! Hes the only real option

www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/7/2932541/dana-whi...
#5,494  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Majtaj
hendo said he would step up. Would love to see that.
#5,495  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
raz0rblade
In reply to Majtaj, #5495:

Doesn't make sense to give it to anyone else now, does it? That'd be an epic matchup, though I think Hendo would need to get it to the ground in order to win. His standup isn't as good as Cigano's........
#5,496  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ggxky
No offense to hendo, hes one of my fav fighters of all time............but no...............that wouldn't end well for him.
#5,497  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
RaginAsian
In reply to ggxky, #5497:

Probably not, but he did KO Fedor, so he's got a better claim than most other heavyweights.
#5,498  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Majtaj
In reply to RaginAsian, #5498:
In reply to ggxky, #5497:

Probably not, but he did KO Fedor, so he's got a better claim than most other heavyweights.

Yeah! He KO'd Fedor and Fedor is a beast. Hendo hasn't been knocked out...or tko'd...ever I think anyways. I think it would be a good fight. Both guys can bang standing up and both have a hell of a KO punch. I don't care who you are. You get hit circling hendo and your gonna drop. No offense to Cigano but not even your chin can stand up to a right hand from hendo. Although...I didn't expect Cigano to run through Cain like he did. I was shocked.
#5,499  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
raz0rblade
In reply to Majtaj, #5499:

I hope White makes it happen. He'd be the only fighter to hold titles in three different weight classes in three different organizations........wouldn't he?
#5,500  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RaginAsian

That's kind of thing isn't it? As much as we look at the match-up and think JDS would smash him on paper, Hendo's no slouch and he's done some impressive work in his career, even against heavyweights. So if he's willing to step in, I say why not?

And honestly, his all-in attitude reminds me why I'm so lukewarm on Anderson.
#5,501  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Majtaj
In reply to raz0rblade, #5500:

I hope White makes it happen. He'd be the only fighter to hold titles in three different weight classes in three different organizations........wouldn't he?

Yeah he would be the first. I would love to see it but it still depends on Alistar...he might get a second test and he could pass it. You never know in the mma world I mean hey...I thought Diaz was gonna trash Condit and he ended up getting smacked around. I thought...I thought miller was gonna take out bisping but bisping smacked miller around. You never know when it comes to these things.

In reply to RaginAsian, #5501:

That's kind of thing isn't it? As much as we look at the match-up and think JDS would smash him on paper, Hendo's no slouch and he's done some impressive work in his career, even against heavyweights. So if he's willing to step in, I say why not?

And honestly, his all-in attitude reminds me why I'm so lukewarm on Anderson.

On paper yeah...but that H-Bomb is a streak killer. I love his additude. Hes all action and a man of few words. I just hope hes given the chance to step forward.
#5,502  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
yomamma950 TTE
I used to be against the whole Mark Hunt movement.... but now that i think about it, it makes more and more sense. Hendo only has 1 HW fight, which he KO'd a washed up Fedor and he even got rocked in that fight.
#5,503  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Majtaj
Mark Hunt? Oh come on! Ok he has a 3 fight win streak...thats nice and looks awesome on paper but...oh hey wait before that he was riding a 6 fight losing streak. If you wanna put some butts in some seats it should be hendo and jds. There both stand up guys and they both have incredible knockout power. Noone has ever knocked out hendo and if both of these guys don't see themselves getting knocked out and they both have good takedown/wrestling skills. Imagine even if JDS won by decision how 5 rounds of these guys would work. Also...Fedor isn't washed up. Hes just feeling his age and hes only 35. Of course Age don't mean shit. Hendo is 41 and that guy is 100% pure diesel. Dream match right there.
#5,504  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yomamma950 TTE
In reply to Majtaj, #5504:

Hunt is on the longest winning streak out of all of the Heavyweights on that card. Hendo does not deserve it. If it was about putting butts in seats, then they would let the Reem fight, hell why not put Anderson Silva in there? Because they don't deserve it... just like Hendo. It doesn't matter if he's never been knocked out, he was rocked by Fedor, who is one of the smallest heavyweights around, so JDS would do some serious harm to Hendo. I don't mean to hate on Hendo because I'm a huge fan, but he doesn't deserve that fight, nor would it be safe for him. I would put Mir in there, but Dana has already said that Cain vs Mir is definitely going to happen.
#5,505  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Majtaj
doesn't hendo get the winner of the evans/jones fight? well unless theres some instant rematch. In this business if you whine enough or go 5 rounds to decision you usually get a rematch.
#5,506  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ggxky
Well hendo has fought at heavyweight twice, but it just wouldn't make sense. It would be like when they gave belfort a shot at midleweight without even fighting in that division in the ufc before. And the only 2 heavyweights with a 3 fight winning right now are Travis Browne and Mark Hunt.......HUNT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#5,507  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dude_stud
In reply to Majtaj, #5504:

Hunt is a stand up guy... He is on the longest winning streak in the HW division in the UFC. All his losses were to good or great fighters. If you watch the Fedor fight he was actually winning. Also if JDS decided to stand with Hunt Hunt has a legit shot at winning.
#5,508  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
RaginAsian
In reply to dude_stud, #5508:

I don't know if I'd call Sean McCorkle great or even good, but I'd agree that Hunt is the next logical heavyweight behind Mir. But again, I wouldn't pass on Hendo. Say what you will about the direction of Fedor's career (I wouldn't call him washed up any more than I would Randy after his last few losses), but Hendo did what no man has ever been able to do and turned his lights out.

The reality is, as much as I love me some Mark Hunt and his walk away ko's, Dan is the more marketable fighter and this would be one of the Pride-style weight class-ignoring superfights I've missed for a long time. JDS would do serious harm to him? Yeah, that's what the sport's all about. But I'm not convinced Dan would be in any more danger of being seriously injured than he'd be against, say, Anderson or Jon Jones.
#5,509  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Majtaj
In reply to RaginAsian, #5509:
In reply to dude_stud, #5508:

I don't know if I'd call Sean McCorkle great or even good, but I'd agree that Hunt is the next logical heavyweight behind Mir. But again, I wouldn't pass on Hendo. Say what you will about the direction of Fedor's career (I wouldn't call him washed up any more than I would Randy after his last few losses), but Hendo did what no man has ever been able to do and turned his lights out.

The reality is, as much as I love me some Mark Hunt and his walk away ko's, Dan is the more marketable fighter and this would be one of the Pride-style weight class-ignoring superfights I've missed for a long time. JDS would do serious harm to him? Yeah, that's what the sport's all about. But I'm not convinced Dan would be in any more danger of being seriously injured than he'd be against, say, Anderson or Jon Jones.

Finally! Thank you!
#5,510  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RaginAsian
If you didn't know the name Siyar Bahadurzada before, you do now. Someone get this guy a Crocop moniker stat.
#5,511  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ggxky
In reply to RaginAsian, #5511:

didn't expect that
#5,512  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
raz0rblade
Figures that the one time I have to work days on the weekend is when they broadcast a UFC event at three in the afternoon.........
#5,513  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RaginAsian
In reply to raz0rblade, #5513:

Well if there's a replay tonight, it's well worth the watch.
#5,514  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
raz0rblade
In reply to RaginAsian, #5514:

I'll probably wait for the vids to go up on MMA Core or something........I don't have cable, just streaming.
#5,515  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ggxky
In reply to raz0rblade, #5513:

same here, brought the laptop to work...but most of the links aren't working..... Stann was crazy aggressive in those exchanges
#5,516  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
raz0rblade
Ariel Helwani just tweeted confirmation of the news we all knew was coming eventually.........Overeem is out, Frank Mir is in to face Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146.
#5,517  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
yomamma950 TTE
MIR!!!! yay
#5,518  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
SmokeScreen4
Not Just Ariel but Dana posted that on his twitter. So you know it is official. I wonder who Cain fights. Some are hoping maybe Werdum.
#5,519  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Majtaj
OMG! I already know whos gonna win! I'm putting a bet down at the local shark. Mir loses via KO or TKO! Mir can't fucking stand with anyone and they put him against JDS of all people? Are they really that stupid.
#5,520  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 183 ] [ 184 ] [ 185 ] ... [ 202 ] [ 203 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.