Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

redtombinn
Zune/Windows PhoneMicrosoft confirms Zune project

iPod/PSP killer? I'd buy it over the iPod, but mainly because I've had nothing but bad experiences with Apple products.

EDIT: Just found this

Post edited 7/21/06 8:56PM
#1  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
3,048 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
hitalec
As far as I'm concerned, if it doesn't play games....REALLY good games, then I will just stick with my PSP.

Oh, and I'll be able to pet a rabbit with you? ZOMG!
#2  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Nitron_F117
In reply to redtombinn, #1:
iPod/PSP killer? I'd buy it over the iPod, but mainly because I've had nothing but bad experiences with Apple products.
I highly doubt it.
EDIT: Just found this
HaHa. That was so lame!
#3  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Shadus
well...it might cut into apple's profits but I doubt it will kill the Ipod (too well recognized and like of a product by people that haven't figured out you can get more for less) and the PSP won't be killed by that...more than likely it won't be killed until sony decides to end it's career

and as for the video...that had to be the dumbest thing I've seen in months
#4  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
redtombinn
In reply to Shadus, #4:

The PSP is basically already dead. I should have said DS killer.
#5  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Calicantzari
Is Zune pronounced like June, or like Zoo`nay?
#6  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PrincessNybo Sponsor
In reply to redtombinn, #1:

OMG, What a strange video!

That bunny looked pretty creeped out when the little dude started hugging it.
#7  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Charliez
This is upsetting me. I want to like it... but... it's Microsoft...

#8  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 11 WTF
MCS117
Well it was built by the division from X-box. So if you like the x-box 360, you will like the Zune.
#9  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Charliez
That's terrible reasoning.

Under your logic if I liked Windows 95 I'll like the Xbox 360.
#10  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 4 WTF
PrincessNybo Sponsor
Dude. Now there's a second video here, and it's even creepier than the first one. Flaming birds? Seriously?

I really do want to like the Zune, but... dude. WTF?
#11  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
comrade693
In reply to PrincessNybo, #11:

It's a phoneix! It's supossed to be on fire! There's actually logic behind the whole thing too (I can explain it if you want).

In reply to Charliez, #10:

Clearly, you missed his point. Did the same people who made Windows 95 make the 360? No. The X-box division does things a lot different than the rest of Microsoft.
#12  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PrincessNybo Sponsor
In reply to comrade693, #12:

Uh... yeah. I get the concept. A phoenix rises from its own ashes.

That odd little red bird isn't a phoenix, though. It has some kind of weird laser eyes that it uses to set the other bird on fire. The other bird doesn't "rise" from its own ashes, either. The singed parts just fall off, then both birds catch on fire again, while rocking out to heavy metal music.

Seriously. That's just weird.

And that little dude hugging the bunny still freaks me out.
#13  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
holy_ghost
I've had way to many bad expierences with Apple, I'm willing to try this.
#14  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
comrade693
In reply to PrincessNybo, #13:

Yeah, but the point is that it sent the music over to the other bird - the fire was supposed to symbolize the music playing. The whole thing is really all about what the Zune is.
#15  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
melaflander
I talked to someone up here who was just a passerby at my stand (i sell iPod accessories). He works for Microsoft in the Zune department/developing. (i also live in Seattle, which would explain the flood of M$ employees) Basically he said that the main goal of the Zune is to be #2, and steal some of the marketshare away from apple. I hate to say, but with marketing like this, they really have some work to do. I don't like apple and all, but they are seriously marketing geniouses. M$ better do their best to try and get that #2 spot
#16  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vlad
I think it's got potential. Mainly because of the way you can share a file wirelessly with nearby Zunes seems interesting.

"Dude, you gotta hear this song."

"K, send it."

Then again, it looks like it's got pretty slow transfer. I hope they speed it up some before they release it. I also hope they fix the shape of the unit. It seems too long to me.
#17  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PrincessNybo Sponsor
In reply to comrade693, #15:

Yeah, I know. I get it. The bird shares his flaming-ness with the other bird, and the creepy dude shares his creepy bunny with the little tiny creepy dude. Zune is all about sharing. Right. Okay. We get it.

I still think their ad campaign needs some very serious improvement if they want to compete with Apple. There are better ways to convey their message than through deliberate strangeness.

I actually hope they DO improve the ads, as Zune looks to be a potentially awesome product. I guess we'll see!
#18  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Tex57
the ipod's never gonna die but the zune is obviosly getting some attention
ipod killer proabably not
but it just might get up there next to it
#19  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Strider165 Forum Mod
This seems to add a little more detail to this fairly elusive product. Sounds like it may not be all its cracked out to be....
#20  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MCS117
Heh... I got the sansa e260. It could be better if the screen resolution is better and the processor is faster. But overall, it kicks Ipod Nano's butt. FM Radio, expandable memory, longer batter life. Booyah!!!!
#21  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MrEvil
I'm taking a wait and see on the Zune. Microsoft's peripherals (with the exception for their wireless networking stuff) have always been quite satisfactory they may not be the greatest things on the planet but are above average. Remember the Sidewinder game controllers? The original gamepad and their Joysticks were top notch back in the day, as well as the racing wheel. The Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer v3.0 was so popular that Microsoft changed the color scheme and is selling it once again.

As I said, historically Microsoft's input peripherals have been good, but I'll still wait and see if Zune is all they say it is.
#22  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Darkness_2
THAT THING LOOKS SO AWESOME!!

And it's awesome that you can share your songs with anyone around you, and copy a song from anyone around you!!

But.. That sharing.... that could lead to some easy-to-spread virus... you know... that'd suck.. stupid viruses... always ruining my day..
#23  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Spartan2177 Herpos
Damn, I want one...
#24  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ggus
I have decided that I want one. I was going to upgrade my 1 gen Ipod to a new video but now that I hear about this Zune I want it. screw IPOD and their non sharing platform. ZUNE for me, ZUNE for all!!!
#25  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Vlad
In reply to ggus, #25:

Holy shit. You have a first gen iPod? That's practically a collector's item these days, with the way Apple churns another series every four months.
#26  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
ggus
In reply to Vlad, #26:

yeah it is, and its been working fine for years. it was originaly my sisters but gave it to me when she upgraded. Its been working fine since. She told me to hold on to it because it might be worth some thing later.
#27  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Charliez
It's worth something now.
#28  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
duncan_stive
Zune fact sheet (word format).

Seriously I don't think it will be a PSP killer but lets be honest here: Its got more features than to iPod by FAR for the same price. So unless they screw up the software end reall badly (how they could screw it up worse than Apple did I don't know.. But thats is just my opinion based on one, probably uncommon, bad expirience I had) I think it might be successful. I am not going to use the term iPod killer because there is room in the market for two portable media platforms just like even Windows has not "killed" mac computers.

I will buy one.. Not the moment if comes out (first run product are almost always bad news) but by new years I will probably be looking into it... Especially if the online store sells TV and movies... The thing has a TV out which was the biggest selling point over the iPod or PSP for me (aside from having a horrible time with iTunes which made me eventually gett rid of my iPod and just using my smartphone for music).
#29  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
comrade693
In reply to duncan_stive, #29:

Who marketed it as a PSP killer? The PSP has pretty much been a flop, but the DS...
#30  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 101 ] [ 102 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.