Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

redtombinn
Zune/Windows PhoneMicrosoft confirms Zune project

iPod/PSP killer? I'd buy it over the iPod, but mainly because I've had nothing but bad experiences with Apple products.

EDIT: Just found this

Post edited 7/21/06 8:56PM
#1  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
3,048 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
NotABluetard
In reply to KWierso, #2994:

Microsoft really needs to start marketing the Zune if they want it to sell better.

Historically, when it comes to technology, marketing is almost always the deciding factor in what wins.

Apple markets the iPod constantly, and it works. The Zune gets basically nothing.
#2,941  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
renegadex86
apple doesn't even need marketing... they're too well known... on the other hand, every time someone sees my zune, and i explain that microsoft made it, they're like, microsoft makes more then windows??

If microsoft had a better marketing team, i think you'd be right. they would've had some serious competition.
#2,942  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
KWierso Sponsor
If Zune had half of the marketing presence that IE9's been getting, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
#2,943  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Dragostea
I think Peter Moore needs to quit EA and becoming Marketing Lead for Zune.

Problem solved.
#2,944  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
renegadex86
In reply to Dragostea, #2998:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
#2,945  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Panacamanana Sponsor
In reply to Dragostea, #2998:

He should get a Tattoo of the Logo as well.
#2,946  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dragostea
In reply to Panacamanana, #3000:

4 of them, too. :PPPPP
#2,947  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dragostea
So I hate all the news around saying Zune is dead. No one's even checking out the other article.
#2,948  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
KWierso Sponsor
In reply to Dragostea, #3002:

ZUNE IS DEAD.

THAT'S WHY THEY STILL HAVE IT UP ON ZUNE.NET
#2,949  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Miles84
My wife was an iPod user and swore by it for years. She happened upon a Zune at her job - it had been sitting in lost-and-found for six months and they were about to throw it away (they didn't know what it was) but my wife took it instead. Now she swears by Zune. She thinks the interface and the software is easier and better than that of the iPod.

She and I agree that Microsoft could have marketed the Zune better - they would have found many more people like my wife, and they wouldn't find themselves having to phase the damn thing out now. Personally I don't think it would be too late for the Zune if Microsoft started an effort to market the hell out of the thing.
#2,950  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Dragostea
I dont know why companies have a hard time marketing...I know its tough and theres a style to it, but I mean even myself have a thousand great ideas for many products, commercial and marketing wise. I dont know how MS can NOT think of good ways to market their shit. They do well with the 360.
#2,951  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xorda
But Microsoft doesn't really market the Xbox either. The last time I saw an Xbox ad was last summer when the new xbox came out, which I bought on day one (of availability).

I don't think Microsoft is really performing a discontinuation of a product because I read that Zune is a prevalent feature on Windows Phone 7.
#2,952  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dragostea
In reply to Xorda, #3006:

true, but they kinda include 360 advertisements on their games, at least the 360 exclusives, they sorta weave a good way to ad the 360 in the same commercial.
#2,953  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xorda
Well, regardless. Some company is undoubtedly going to release a phoneless Windows Phone 7 platform soon.
#2,954  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
renegadex86
I can hardly believe this, i am speechless
www.zuneboards.com/?p=vB57946
#2,955  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GB330033 Forum Mod
Uh. That certainly isn't a confirmation of anything.
#2,956  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
NotABluetard
All that confirms is that Microsoft hasn't completely eliminated the possibility of future hardware yet.

I haven't seen any indications yet that there is any new hardware currently in the works, and there may never be, as MS may decide that new Zune hardware will stop before the next generation even starts being worked on.
#2,957  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GB330033 Forum Mod
In reply to NotABluetard, #3011:

Also, I read somewhere else that the job title they used is about a year old, so it doesn't really indicate any sort of change in Zune
#2,958  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
johnnyricoMC
In reply to Xorda, #3006:
I don't think Microsoft is really performing a discontinuation of a product because I read that Zune is a prevalent feature on Windows Phone 7.

It is. In fact the Zune suite is the iTunes for Windows Phone 7.
#2,960  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KWierso Sponsor
Apparently Canadian ZuneHDs can now get the apps from the Marketplace.
#2,961  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
renegadex86
wut
#2,962  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dragostea
In reply to KWierso, #3015:

wats a canada
#2,963  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
renegadex86
I don't remember myself, so can somebody answer this: wasn't there a zune update last spring along with the xbox update?
#2,964  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
_Recon_
In reply to KWierso, #3015:

What do you mean? Marketplace off the Zune HD or using the Zune Software?

In reply to renegadex86, #3018:

be more specific. Zune software or (which) Zune device
#2,965  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
renegadex86
In reply to _Recon_, #3019:

I though the zune device and software got update around the same time as the xbox last year...
#2,966  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KWierso Sponsor
Mango hit RTM today, apparently...
#2,967  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KWierso Sponsor
Zune software 4.8 is available today.
#2,968  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
renegadex86
In reply to KWierso, #3022:

It's all WP7 related *le sigh*
#2,969  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KWierso Sponsor
So Mango is now in the process of being released to phones around the country on all carriers. I have a pending update to a pre-mango version, then I don't know if I have access to Mango at the moment. Will report back later.
#2,970  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 98 ] [ 99 ] [ 100 ] [ 101 ] [ 102 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.