Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

wizardmon5
The Wii Help ThreadAsk questions about your Wii, and have them answered by others. Hopefully knowledgable others.

Anyway, I have one to kick us off: Anyone else having trouble with the internet? I got it to connect once and to the initial update, but since then it keeps giving me error code 110213.

I checked the Nintendo.com forums, and others are having this problem, but I'm wondering if anyone isn't having this problem.

Here is Nintendo's page to look up error codes for the Wii

Got the 110213 error code?

Go here.
#1  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
719 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Duo
Yeah I am having trouble as well, I got error code:52230. They probably haven't gotten it set up correctly yet.
#2  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
Here's a page that should help with that particular error.

The only one you should get, which would be Nintendo's fault at the moment, is 110213. Any other errors are actually problems with your setup.
#3  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UB3R_FRY
Yeah, the only prob i had was fixed by turniing off my firewall.
#4  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
superguy727 Power Outage
I'm really pissed off at the internet, every time I try to connect it gives me "error 52030", i've never connected once, and I did everything it said, i'm just about ready to return it and get a DS.
#5  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to superguy727, #5:

I looked it up and it seems to be a firewall issue.

If you have a firewall of some kind, try shutting it off and see if it works (or, at least, gives you a different error message). I'll keep trying to find some other solution.
#6  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
Okay, I found something rather useful.

Go here, and you can look up Wii error codes.

I've also asked a mod (BigBen) to edit that link into the first post of this topic. If another mod sees this before he gets to it, and could do that for me, that'd be great.
#7  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UB3R_FRY
In reply to superguy727, #5:

yeah dude, dont return it, just turn off your fire wall!
#8  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UB3R_FRY
WHAT ARE THE USB PORTS FOR?
#9  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BostonPoke Zelda Ring
My blue light doesn't come on. The one on my Target gift card (so cool!) works, but not the one on the Wii.
#10  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
s_man32
My Wavebird doesn't work on the wii. I read that it was supposed to. (looks like i won't be getting rid of my Gamecube anytime soon. Anyone else have this problem? Hmmm must have accedentally changed channels on the controller. (I feel like an idiot now)

Post edited 11/19/06 9:38PM
#11  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
wizardmon5
In reply to UB3R_FRY, #9:

As far as I know, there's nothing official announced. But it's possible that they could be for keyboards, for when the browser is launched. There's also the USB LAN cables. Or for plugging in external hard drives for additional storage (from what I've heard, plugging in any old hard drive doesn't work, but I haven't tried), or probably whatever else Nintendo dreams up.
#12  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to BostonPoke, #10:

It only flashes at certain times. That information is in the booklet that came with your Wii, if you want to look it up. (I did, and it apparently wasn't worth remembering, because I sure don't.)
#13  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
bobmario2
I managed to get on to the Wii Shopping Channel.....but I didn't buy anything. Is the network just down for now??
#14  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to bobmario2, #14:

It seems to be off-and-on. I managed to log on and download the initial update, and haven't been able to get on since.

But I hear reports of people sporadically being able to log back on. I'm sure Nintendo will straighten it out soon enough.
#15  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kendal
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a problem. I pre-ordered a Classic Controller for the Wii. When I went to pick up my console come Sunday night I'm told that the Classic Controller isn't out yet. I've looked all over the internet and cannot find the release date, and from what I can tell it's already released.

Did my Gamestop just not recieve any in their shipment or are they really not out yet? If so, what is the release date, if known?
#16  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kendal
Sorry for the double post, but I was also having a problem with the blue illumination in the disk slot. It flashes only when its first turned, and only for a second. I've yet to see it illuminate outside of that, not when it's loading a disk, nor when it's loading. I have The Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess and Wii Sports, if that will help you at all.

The booklet also says you are supposed to see the blue like turn on when you recieve messages(e-mails), I've gotten a few (not from actuall people though), and I've never seen it light up like I said before.

It woulda been cool if Nintendo just let the blue light be on at all times, just like in the dev kits and the demo kiosk ones. Weird that they'd change it in the final release.

Post edited 11/20/06 4:14AM
#17  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
edojapan76 Sponsor
They lied to you. They are released. I bought 2
But the 1 thing I couldn't find was composite or even s-video cables
#18  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to Kendal, #16:

Gamestop doesn't appear to have gotten any at all, for some reason. The release date was, in fact, the 19th. I'm not sure what's going on, there, but you're not alone. I have yet to talk to anyone who got a classic from Gamestop.
#19  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to Kendal, #17:

I believe the booklet meant it will flash when you get one, as you said, from actual people.

It just doesn't light up very often. It's not any problem with your particular Wii, that's just how it is.
#20  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zack Forum Mod
In reply to Kendal, #17:

If it was on all the time, it would use a lot more power and probably run the "cinematic" experience for some that play in the dark.
#21  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
geonex88 Forum Mod
I want a blinky blue hole damnit.

Great job with this thread guys.
#22  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kendal
In reply to Zatch, #21:

Maybe put an option to make it only for WiiConnect24 service, or always on, or always off? That woulda been cool.

I haven't been able to find a single Component Cable yet either, and I really need some soon. lol

Hobbie, I'm not sure, is there a limit to the size it can support? I'll do some research in abit for ya.

Post edited 11/20/06 12:33PM
#23  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to hobbie, #23:

I'm not sure if this link will work for you or not. If not, go to Gamestop.com and search "wii component cables". There are two results, and both are out in December.

I'll do a little looking for the max size of SD cards.
#24  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Caboose
The Wii supports up to 2GB SD Cards. Until I get my hands on a 4GB card I won't be able to tell anyone. But if anyone is wondering, you can safely use a 2GB SD Card!

Anyone know if the component cables will be like the XBox ones, have either the RGB + Stereo Audio or the RGB+Stereo Audio+Extra audio connector for digital audio?

Oh, and the Wii play .avi files! So, you can (potetionally) watch DivX movies on your Wii!
#25  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
In reply to hobbie, #27:

I found several articles mentioning December releases, so I'd say trust Gamestop's website for now.
#26  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kendal
In reply to hobbie, #27:

I had seen the release dates via Gamestop.com as well, but I didn't know if they were accurate or not either.
#27  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
wizardmon5
IMPORTANT

(If a mod could edit this into the first post, that would be great.)

Nintendo has confirmed that the 110213 error code, when trying to connect to the internet, is a glitch with your system and you will need to call Nintendo to get it replaced. What they do is send you one, and you give them your credit card number. You have 21 days to get it to them, and if you do, it's free to have it replaced. If you don't get it to them, your card will be charged.

Go to this Nintendo.com forum topic to read more. Or, here's a copy of the most helpful post:

I called the Wi-Fi support number, assuming it would allow me to talk to someone, and it did.

They CONFIRMED that it is a fatal error, and it DOES need to be replaced. They have 2 options, as other posts have confirmed.

1) They send you a replacement, you send back yours (pre-paid, all costs paid for by nintendo). Requires Credit Card so you can keep the broken unit (they give you 21 days).

2) You send your unit in and receive a new one. No Credit Card required, but means you cannot play games while waiting :-)

The NOA person said SD games can be transfered, but I do not believe that...

She said it is not very common (it may appear so on the Forums, but that is only because those with broken units are more likely to post in this forum than those without).

They send a replacement unit only. JUST the unit itself, no cables etc. You are to only return the unit as well.
#28  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
undeadwalker
I have not seen any error codes on mine yet.
#29  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
XCalibur22
I keep getting an error code 209600 whenever I try to connect to the Shop Channel. Does this mean that it's is broken like if I saw the other error code?
#30  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 23 ] [ 24 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.